Post-Game Talk: F*** the Penguins | Washington @ Pittsburgh | 1/19/21 7:00 PM ET | NBCSN, NBCSWashington, Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Has Sheary been that bad for you guys? Surprised to see Daddy Sprong Legs over him.

Both have been relatively invisible. We think that Lavi will rotate them and ride the hot hand. But both hands have been ice cold in 3 games (Sprong only had 8 mins of ice time against you guys in his only game). I guess Sheary got the first 2 games to show what he can do and now Sprong will get 2 games, and then switch back? We're unsure of what the plan is unless one of them actually does something. The 3rd line that they are on has looked pretty discombobulated overall though.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Both have been relatively invisible. We think that Lavi will rotate them and ride the hot hand. But both hands have been ice cold in 3 games (Sprong only had 8 mins of ice time against you guys in his only game). I guess Sheary got the first 2 games to show what he can do and now Sprong will get 2 games, and then switch back? We're unsure of what the plan is unless one of them actually does something. The 3rd line that they are on has looked pretty discombobulated overall though.

Sheary scores a goal against us every time he plays against us so works for me.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Sheary scores a goal against us every time he plays against us so works for me.

Sheary did get a primary assist on Dillon's goal in the first game against the Sabres, but it was more like a love tap back to the point in Dillon after an offensive zone faceoff win by Eller. Other than that it was quiet for him in those 2 games. I think it's more Lavi's approach to this as an open competition between the two more so than anything Sheary did wrong since no preseason and shortened training camp. Wants to see exactly what he has as a new coach.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Sheary did get a primary assist on Dillon's goal in the first game against the Sabres, but it was more like a love tap back to the point in Dillon after a offensive zone face off win by Eller. Other than that it was quiet for him in those 2 games. I think it's more Lavi's approach to this as an open competition between the two more so than anything Sheary did wrong since no preseason and shortened training camp. Wants to see exactly what he has as a new coach than any kind of

Welp, I'm sure like Djoos I hope Sprong works out on his new team even if he is a rival. But, he was invisible last game.

Reactions: tenken00

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Has Sheary been that bad for you guys? Surprised to see Daddy Sprong Legs over him.
Sprong adds a little more size and strength to the lineup and he's a right-handed shot as well. Willing to give them both time to adjust as neither have been impressive but Sheary gave me Leipsic vibes the first two games.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Well he f***ed the coach's niece so I guess he's kind of on that Leipsic wavelength too.
tenor.gif

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
That's exactly what it is and it's the first thing I thought when I saw the line changes. The other third line wing spot alongside Panik and Eller was a glaring hole heading into the season and it's just as glaring three games in.

It's obvious that Lavi wants to run 3 scoring lines, otherwise he would have moved Hagelin back up onto it like Reirden had.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Laviolette is tying to do something with the ubertrash third line. Every line with Eller on it is garbage. We should try a Panik-Orlov-Oshie line, anyway it will be better.

Pfft. Why half-ass it. How about this:

Orlov - Orlov - Orlov
Orlov - Orlov - Orlov
Orlov - Orlov - Orlov
Orlov - Orlov - Orlov

Orlov - Orlov
Orlov - Orlov
Orlov - Orlov

Orlov
Orlov

Reactions: Rayquaza64
Status