F Shane Wright - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2022 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
My goodness he reminds me of Tavares so much. Especially his demeanor and how he carries himself.

Incredible player on the ice too

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How is this even possible?

We are talking about pre-draft, so you have to start by disregarding their starts in the NHL. Michkov lacks in size and skating speed. He’s a great goal scorer and has excellent hockey sense. I don’t see him as generational due to those weaknesses I named, and playing wing doesn’t help either. Those other two also had incredible accolades before being drafted. I think he’s likely viewed as in the same tier those two were viewed as being in.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
We are talking about pre-draft, so you have to start by disregarding their starts in the NHL. Michkov lacks in size and skating speed. He’s a great goal scorer and has excellent hockey sense. I don’t see him as generational due to those weaknesses I named, and playing wing doesn’t help either. Those other two also had incredible accolades before being drafted. I think he’s likely viewed as in the same tier those two were viewed as being in.
But that’s just plain wrong, Lafreniere and Hughes were considered tier below Matthews level pre-draft and Michkov and Bedard both are considered above that tier.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Why would Wisdom stay? He can play in the AHL.

So can Chromiak, Montreal has indicated that Mysak also AHL eligible is likely going back to the OHL. It will be up to the NHL teams but we might see only the elite prospects or prospects who were contributors in the AHL stay. I'd say Wisdom is 60/40 whether he plays in the AHL vs OHL, he played well in the AHL.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Okay, so what is happening in Kingston and the best '04 born prospect on the planet? Any reports from training camp?

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Still bummed he missed the entire season last year minus the U18s, and a couple scrimmage games with team Canada U20.

Anyone have insight into the kind of on-ice training he was doing while not playing hockey?

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
CBJ probably picks Lambert 1st overall. Finish connection!

They didn't pick Puljujarvi at #3 years ago despite him being the consensus #3 prospect in the draft at the time, what makes anyone think they're going to rank Lambert above Wright based on nationality now?

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
This is an interesting thing to consider. If you’re Wright, is it better to go to Buffalo or Arizona?

Personally, with Eichel’s situation still up in the air, the good early returns of Arizona’s new GM, and the likelihood of being able to develop and play much of his career with Guenther, I would have to say it would be better for Wright to go to the desert.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
This is an interesting thing to consider. If you’re Wright, is it better to go to Buffalo or Arizona?

Personally, with Eichel’s situation still up in the air, the good early returns of Arizona’s new GM, and the likelihood of being able to develop and play much of his career with Guenther, I would have to say it would be better for Wright to go to the desert.
As of right now the Sabres still have Eichel. So Wright would be either with him or the assets they get in return. Combine that with Dahlin and Power running his blue line, while Buffalo has been depressing for a while adding Wright to that mix might actually change things. They just need to find a way to surround these top picks they've been drafting with some actual depth.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

The Coyotes and the Sabres are both dumpster fires. But Scottsdale is likely more appealing than Buffalo (unless he really values being close to Lake Ontario).

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
As of right now the Sabres still have Eichel. So Wright would be either with him or the assets they get in return. Combine that with Dahlin and Power running his blue line, while Buffalo has been depressing for a while adding Wright to that mix might actually change things. They just need to find a way to surround these top picks they've been drafting with some actual depth.

Plus Wright could play with Cozens and Jack Quinn, which is a good little nucleus along with whoever they get for Eichel.

Reactions: Stewie Griffin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad