F Pierre-Luc Dubois - Cape Breton Screaming Eagles, QMJHL (2016 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
He's on fire. 4G+4A in his last 4 games. 11G+13A in 21 games so far this year. Definitely looking like a top 10 pick. Playing more LW than C now but still takes the big faceoffs and is the C on the #1 PK.

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
He's on fire. 4G+4A in his last 4 games. 11G+13A in 21 games so far this year. Definitely looking like a top 10 pick. Playing more LW than C now but still takes the big faceoffs and is the C on the #1 PK.

His play was crap earlier in the season, lets hope that was a slump of sorts and that he is here to stay now and work.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
His name is solid, will be a good NHL player.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
2 more goals and also a fight tonight, the wings should really find a way to draft him to play with Svechnikov, they love playing together.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Haven't watched him in a while, is he still playing centre?

Also, who would be a good comparison for him at the NHL level?

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Who does he compare to in the NHL? What's his playing style and what's his potential?

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
2+2 again tonight and 15/23 on the dot.

26 points in past 11 games.

Who does he compare to in the NHL? What's his playing style and what's his potential?

Not really sure about a comparable, but hes a complete 3 zone player, defensively above average, not a bad skater by any means, his shot is deadly and his release is deceptively quick, hes a work horse type player who isn't going to give up in a game. I've never really been good at explaining players but that's what I've got.. and hes also not shy at all from physical contact or after whistle stuff. Smartest player on the ice most of the time, extremely high hockey IQ, etc.

Last edited:

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
2+1 again tonight and 15/23 on the dot.

25 points in past 11 games.

Not really sure about a comparable, but hes a complete 3 zone player, defensively above average, not a bad skater by any means, his shot is deadly and his release is deceptively quick, hes a work horse type player who isn't going to give up in a game. I've never really been good at explaining players but that's what I've got.. and hes also not shy at all from physical contact or after whistle stuff. Smartest player on the ice most of the time, extremely high hockey IQ, etc.

Actually had 2G+2A but Q site hasn't given him credit for 2nd assist yet. He stole the puck from the goalie behind the net and passed out front to Reginato for a tap in but somehow hasn't been credited yet.

As I said before Jamie Benn is a very good comparable for styles.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Actually had 2G+2A but Q site hasn't given him credit for 2nd assist yet. He stole the puck from the goalie behind the net and passed out front to Reginato for a tap in but somehow hasn't been credited yet.

Yeah I was at the game and thought he did but they are usually pretty quick with adjusting stats so I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

Seems you like Dubois as much as me, what do you think about his WJC chances / possible break in to the top 5? Seems most posters pencil in Gauthier from the Q on Team Canada but I don't see how this kid doesn't at least make some noise.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Yeah I was at the game and thought he did but they are usually pretty quick with adjusting stats so I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

Seems you like Dubois as much as me, what do you think about his WJC chances / possible break in to the top 5? Seems most posters pencil in Gauthier from the Q on Team Canada but I don't see how this kid doesn't at least make some noise.

I think he has a very good chance of making the WJC team and think 1 of Dubois/Gauthier will make it for sure(both will get invites). As for top 5 if he keeps this play up he has a good chance of going top 5 especially if Laine/Tkachuk have a weak WJC. In my rankings I have him 4th after Matthews/Chychrun/Puljujarvi.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

I watch a lot of Eagles games, and I agree with Benn as the best comparable. Good all around player with explosive flashes of offence. Not as physical as Benn.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I could see the Islanders really liking this kid. I doubt they'll pick high enough to get him though.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Im struggling to see why he isnt a top five pick. Can anyone explain?

I don't think it's a knock against Dubois, it's just that there is some extremely good talent at the top of this draft. Still, if he keeps this up, he's going to be climbing the draft rankings all season.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Im struggling to see why he isnt a top five pick. Can anyone explain?

I think he will be especially if he keeps this level of play up. It also depends how the other high end forwards do the rest of the year as well. Dubois could go anywhere from 2-10 because there isn't much separating Chychrun/Laine/Puljujarvi/Dubois/Gauthier/Mcleod/Nylander/Tkachuk with d-men Fabbro/Sergachyov/Juolevi not far behind either. Apart from Matthews going #1 there is no obvious standouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad