F Pierre-Luc Dubois - Cape Breton Screaming Eagles, QMJHL (2016 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glxss

Mar 4, 2013
Name: Pierre-Luc Dubois
League: QMJHL
Team: Cape Breton Screaming Eagles
DOB: 1998-06-24
Height: 6'1
Weight: 181lbs
Position: C/W
Shoots: Left
Birthplace: Rimouski, QC
Stats: http://theqmjhl.ca/roster/show/id/23492

16226995585_932704e5b8.jpg

Very little talk about this guy around here, its hard to believe this guy is 16 when you watch him play. He looks like a seasoned veteran in the Q. He currently leads all 98's in scoring in the Q and stepped up and became an impact player on CB. He plays a very skilled, physical and smart game and is used on both the power play and penalty kill. He does all the little things right. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the top 40 in 2016, maybe even top 30.​

Dec 3, 2012
I played with him when we were Bantam and he is such a great leader on a team. He does everything well on the ice and shoots the puck very hard. I think he'll be a first rounder without a doubt.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Another 2 assists tonight, playing on the top line with Svechnikov and Farrell in case anyone is wondering.

Sticks and Pucks

Jan 2, 2008
How is this guy looking so far? Could he be a top 10 pick in 2016? How does he compare with some of the top guys born in '98 in the WHL?

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
How is this guy looking so far? Could he be a top 10 pick in 2016? How does he compare with some of the top guys born in '98 in the WHL?

He looks like a 20 year old veteran on the ice, extremely high hockey IQ, great vision for slick passes, plays a full 200 foot game.

Could use some work on his shot but hes the best 16 year old I've seen on the Eagles (better than James Sheppard's 16 year old season).

Think hes also one of the youngest players in the Q considering he was he just barely 16 at the start of the season.

Can't say I know too much about the WHL guys personally...

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
He looks like a 20 year old veteran on the ice, extremely high hockey IQ, great vision for slick passes, plays a full 200 foot game.

Could use some work on his shot but hes the best 16 year old I've seen on the Eagles (better than James Sheppard's 16 year old season).

Think hes also one of the youngest players in the Q considering he was he just barely 16 at the start of the season.

Can't say I know too much about the WHL guys personally...

I think thats the first time I've heard 20 year old veteran:laugh:

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
1st time watching him tonight and very impressed through 2 periods. Has a good shot, sound defensively and has the size+grit teams look for. Looking like a solid 1st round talent to me. Definitely going to keep tabs on him as the year progresses.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
1st time watching him tonight and very impressed through 2 periods. Has a good shot, sound defensively and has the size+grit teams look for. Looking like a solid 1st round talent to me. Definitely going to keep tabs on him as the year progresses.

A very interesting prospect for sure. I loved Dubois last year and had him very highly ranked going into this year (quite a bit higher than consensus). Watched 2 periods of the game last night and he was indeed good. Had a real nice goal in the 1st, but was a little bit disappointed with him in the 2nd. He wasn't bad by any means but I felt he had enough opportunities to make something better of them, particularly on the PP, but the whole Cape Breton team seemed guilty of that. Still, I'll be cautious of ranking him too high going forward, he still has some things to work on but should definitely be a late 1st round pick right now.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Dubois with another very impressive showing today with 1 g + 2 a. His goal was highlight reel material. He went between 2 defenders and was hooked down but scored on his stomach. His second assist came with about a minute to go to tie the game and send it to OT. Was a wrap around attempt that was stopped but bounced in front and a teammate buried. Also was setting teammates up left and right but they couldn't score. When Svechnikov comes back his assists will skyrocket.

Last edited:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
So is the plan for Dubois to play centre this year or what? He's been taking a lot of draws in these games I've watched and been pretty successful at it too. I know they played Svechnikov at centre at times last year but maybe now the idea is to play Dubois at centre and let Svechnikov stay on the wing?

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Dubois continues to impress. 9 pts(4G+5A) in 7 games so far to go along with his great 2-way play and physicality. Has been playing all 3 forward positions as well. Fav prospect to watch

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
that was a beautiful goal.

Doesn't button have him really high, like top-10? I think I'm confusing him with Gauthier lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad