Prospect Info: (F) Oliver Moore - 2023 NHL Draft, 19th Overall

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Don’t love his hockey mind and a lot of the time he seemed to make poor decisions on the ice. He is an incredible skater and plays the game hard. I think he’s definitely a Helm, Cogliano speed and D guy at his floor which is great, but don’t see a ton of upside offensively. I think he ends up as a 3C

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Don’t love his hockey mind and a lot of the time he seemed to make poor decisions on the ice. He is an incredible skater and plays the game hard. I think he’s definitely a Helm, Cogliano speed and D guy at his floor which is great, but don’t see a ton of upside offensively. I think he ends up as a 3C
I would think they believe they can cultivate hockey sense. You can’t teach that speed though.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013

C’mon man I’m tryna get jacked and read up on some hype to further fuel the excitement….why u gotta be all honest and insightful…

Reactions: Auggie

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Others have watched and not come away with that. He was a good pick. I question the upside. I still think it was a good pick though. Sorry to be negative. I’m not. I’m happy with it.

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
What a draft so far. KD and Mike D have been killing it!

Bedard and Moore
to go with Korchinski, Nazar and Rinzel

Still four 2nds and two 3rds tomorrow. Would love to see some size added upfront and maybe a tough mobile D like Dvorak or Gibson

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

Was watching this clips to see what he's got. If hockeysense is an issue it certainly hard to pick out of highlight clips. But just before the video ends, I'm thinking. Like he has several clips of good shots from different ranges, passing, battles along the boards, but I felt... man with his speed you'd think he would have some nice breakaway goals. Then like the final 3 clips are that with one wraparound and some other breakaway shot goals.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
The prospect lists I've seen have Moore listed at 5'11" 175 lbs - but there was a graphic on the draft show that stated his weight is 195 lbs - so I went and checked the combine height/weight and he weighed in at 195 lbs at the combine. That is awesome for an 18 year old to weigh 195 and be that fast. So like Bedard - not tall but solid.

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012
The guy fell for a reason.....

If he was everything people here hope he is he would have went in the top ten.

Hopefully he develops.....
You can't teach speed. Yes he has work to do but his ceiling is way higher than most of the guys taken ahead of him. You can't project whether a guy will put it all together, you can only project if he has the tools to do it, and this kid has them.

Reactions: Praetorian Caps

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
I think he's one of the 10 best players in this draft. I'm honestly shocked that he was there at 19. The only real criticism would be his hockey sense and playmaking to be a 2nd line center. He hasn't really shown the ability to slow the game down. I think he ends up a top 6 winger and a very good one. If you would've told me before the draft that we get him and didn't have to trade up, I wouldn't have believed you. Honestly, Kyle can do whatever he wants tomorrow because he's playing with a helluva amount of house money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad