F Max Reinhart (2010, 64th, CGY; traded to NSH)

Walkingthroughforest

I got the worst ******* attorneys
Aug 19, 2007
I really don't get why people have to make these comments and derail a thread. Reinhart has had tremendous development in his game. He deserves some acknowledgement for doing so, and there's a lot to be excited about in regards to how he's progressing. If you have nothing conducive to contribute, you really do not need to post your comments in here.

In all fairness, as a Flames fan I cringe at your descriptions of our prospects. I think there would be better reactions if the descriptions weren't so outlandish or boastful. If Max makes it to the show consistently, I think his ceiling is a great 3rd line centre. Which is the same description as when he was drafted.

Just cool your jets.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
In all fairness, as a Flames fan I cringe at your descriptions of our prospects. I think there would be better reactions if the descriptions weren't so outlandish or boastful. If Max makes it to the show consistently, I think his ceiling is a great 3rd line centre. Which is the same description as when he was drafted.

Just cool your jets.

What exactly am I saying that's so outlandish about Reinhart, that he now may have top 6 potential? :laugh:

He's tripled his production from last season while maintaining his excellent level of defensive play and being a good 2-way forward. No one talks about him on this board and he's really developing nicely and I feel that he deserves some recognition for his play this year. He may very well be a 3rd liner (I never guaranteed otherwise), but if his progression and hard work continues, he may exceed those expectations.

I don't really care about draft position, unlike how the majority of posters on this board use that in their assessment of prospects. Once a player is drafted, that's irrelevant. I judge a player by what he's doing now and his current level of play. I don't really care if my thoughts don't coincide with the group think that consumes these boards. And for that matter, I question how familiar you actually are with Reinhart. For someone what has over 5,000 posts and claims to be a Flames fan, I don't recall seeing you on our boards. And lastly, I'm a fan of hockey, I will make no apologies for being excited about the performance from of one of the prospects that belongs to the team I cheer for when they are doing so well. The Heat are one of the best teams in the AHL right now and there are lots of guys having breakout seasons. Good for them and they deserve to be talked about for their accomplishments.

TheBossman22

Jan 11, 2013

Just cool your jets.

I agree, as good of a year he is having I only see his upside as a 3rd liner.

Walkingthroughforest

I got the worst ******* attorneys
Aug 19, 2007
What exactly am I saying that's so outlandish about Reinhart, that he now may have top 6 potential? :laugh:

He's tripled his production from last season while maintaining his excellent level of defensive play and being a good 2-way forward. No one talks about him on this board and he's really developing nicely and I feel that he deserves some recognition for his play this year. He may very well be a 3rd liner (I never guaranteed otherwise), but if his progression and hard work continues, he may exceed those expectations.

I don't really care about draft position, unlike how the majority of posters on this board use that in their assessment of prospects. Once a player is drafted, that's irrelevant. I judge a player by what he's doing now and his current level of play. I don't really care if my thoughts don't coincide with the group think that consumes these boards. And for that matter, I question how familiar you actually are with Reinhart. For someone what has over 5,000 posts and claims to be a Flames fan, I don't recall seeing you on our boards. And lastly, I'm a fan of hockey, I will make no apologies for being excited about the performance from of one of the prospects that belongs to the team I cheer for when they are doing so well. The Heat are one of the best teams in the AHL right now and there are lots of guys having breakout seasons. Good for them and they deserve to be talked about for their accomplishments.
I don't see how that's relevant to the discussion. A persons knowledge in a subject isn't limited to the amount of time posting on a specific message boards subforum.

The point I'm making is that it's great that guys like Max and Johnny are having great seasons. It's great to talk about them and create that discussion. But there's a better way to go about it then creating threads which create fuel for detractors if those players don't pan out. Gaudreau vs. Droiun? Come on. I'm the biggest fan of Johnny Hockey there is, and even I think it's delusional to argue Johnny will have a better career, let alone guaranteeing an NHL career.

Max is having a great season, and he's playing really well. Just don't Oilerize our prospects. Cautious optimism is a better approach then boastful declaration. Especially with our history of developing prospects.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I agree, as good of a year he is having I only see his upside as a 3rd liner.

That's where I see him, he could be a very good third line checking center who can chip in on offense.

If that's what we get for a 3rd round pick, as a flames fan I can live with that.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I don't see how that's relevant to the discussion. A persons knowledge in a subject isn't limited to the amount of time posting on a specific message boards subforum.

The point I'm making is that it's great that guys like Max and Johnny are having great seasons. It's great to talk about them and create that discussion. But there's a better way to go about it then creating threads which create fuel for detractors if those players don't pan out. Gaudreau vs. Droiun? Come on. I'm the biggest fan of Johnny Hockey there is, and even I think it's delusional to argue Johnny will have a better career, let alone guaranteeing an NHL career.

Max is having a great season, and he's playing really well. Just don't Oilerize our prospects. Cautious optimism is a better approach then boastful declaration. Especially with our history of developing prospects.

I'm not Oilerizing anyone, really. Saying someone has 'potential' to become player type A isn't declaring anything, it's simply stating that is their potential ceiling. That's a fundamental concept you are missing in my posts.

Reinhart in particular is such a smart player. He has had substantial increases in his point production every season he has played in Jr, and has now shown it in the pros as well. He has shown that he's exceptionally well at adapting when facing higher levels of competition and being able to match that level and elevate his game. When he was selected in the 3rd round, it was believed if he were to make the pros, it would be in a 3rd or 4th line center role. Since being moved and spending some time on the wing, he has adapted very well yet again and is now producing offence consistently. These are all facts, I am not just making boastful claims. IMO, with all the bodies that the Flames will likely be moving out between now and in the offseason, Max will have a real opportunity to seize a full time spot on our roster next season especially since he has had a few callups and knows what to expect in the NHL. He has worked very hard in the gym and that will continue this offseason. If he stays up next year, it will likely be in a 3rd or even 4th role at times. But I do believe from what he has shown this season, he has displayed enough potential in his game where he could play in a top 6 role down the road. I would say this would similar to a guy like Glencross in the sense that his ideal fit is on the 3rd, but he's more than capable of filling in on the top 6. I think it's pretty safe now to say that Max bottoms out to be an NHL player in a bottom 6 role, but if he continues to show his adaptability at the next level, his ceiling could be a top 6 player.

Lastly, in my thread about Gaudreau I clearly stated in my OP "If both players hit their ceiling, who will have the better career". What about that do you not get? Please help me to understand where I am making any kind of declaration in that statement. Gaudreau is putting up elite numbers this season, seriously what he is doing is extremely rare. He's on pace to score close to 90pts in the NCAA and is on a current 26 game point streak. His skill level is elite in every sense of the word. Unfortunately due to his size, he has a bust factor of not even making the NHL. But his celing is that of a top line player with an elite offensive skillset. My whole point in that thread was if both Drouin and Johnny hit their ceilings, who will have a better career. Again I do not care about draft position, I base my opinions on what I see and current performance. Drouin has not been putting up superior numbers over Gaudreau in his respective league when you look at relative scoring trends. Is Drouin a safer bet to become a better player, 110% he is, I never stated otherwise.

Yes I'm excited about some of our prospects performance, I want to give them some deserving credit and have some intelligent dialog about them. But I feel I am always very careful to stick to facts in my posts, I really feel that you misinterpret a lot of what I'm saying.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
With Nashville getting his rights yesterday, are there any updated opinions of his game? Poile has already stated that he will be 2C on Milwaukee (AHL). With Gaustad (4C) in the final year of his contract and Hodgson (3C) only signed to a one year deal, I see him being groomed for fulltime work in 2016, and possibly first call up this upcoming season.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
The Reinhart brothers are really turning out to be a fairly disappointing lot. Well, compared to what they were supposed to be at least. I'm sure my parents would have been fairly content with seeing me and my brothers drafted to the NHL, and one of us having a great chance a becoming an impact player.:laugh:

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
With Nashville getting his rights yesterday, are there any updated opinions of his game? Poile has already stated that he will be 2C on Milwaukee (AHL). With Gaustad (4C) in the final year of his contract and Hodgson (3C) only signed to a one year deal, I see him being groomed for fulltime work in 2016, and possibly first call up this upcoming season.

Well this is his chance. He's a C on one of the weakes C depth teams in the NHL. He will have every chance he can get. His goal should be to make the NHL next year as a bottom 6 player and shine with his work and two way play.

I doubt he is more than a 4th liner at this point though, but he may be one of those "more valuable to us than as a 4th liner in a trade" type guys.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

He's kind of reached his AHL limit in the last two seasons (63 in 66 last season, a truly snakebitten season this year but closed it off with 24 points in the last 23 games of this season). He really needs to have an opportunity to play in the NHL to take any further steps in his development. I wouldn't say he's "Max'd" himself out :)naughty:) but there really isn't much more for him to do at the AHL level.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
I think he is an excellent bottom six guy. His callup prior wasn't bad either considering what he is. He'll be the league minimum grinder guy that can maybe put up 10 goals or so a season but be decent for his position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad