F Max Reinhart (2010, 64th, CGY; traded to NSH)

kirant

Kiprusoffarian
Dec 2, 2011
I'd say he's probably one of those 3rd line players you love to have on your team. Since taking on bigger roles (with the Ice, then the Flames. I didn't see much of him this year with the Heat), he just doesn't seem to take much time off when on the ice. Always going and finding something to do. Forecheck is huge and he absolutely hates to lose anything resembling a board battle. Stats aren't indicative of his play.

His hands aren't always the best for being a top 6 scorer. He knows where to be but doesn't always have the ability to execute. How much this improves will likely be his ceiling as his tenacity, should it continue, should be enough to keep him a bottom 6 job.

Hopefully this sort of pace continues. I really like what I've seen from him.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I see Max ending up as a 2b/3a 2way centerman with 35-45 point upside. Absolute top end would be a 2nd line Selke candidate.

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
I always liked him :)

I think he will become a very good 3C. Someone you can throw out in any situation. The kid exudes maturity and smarts. As he gets bigger and stronger, I really do think he will be a dominating and very hard to play against 3 line center that can put the puck in the net.

I have always been high on this kid since his draft though.

Backlund is faster and probably has more upside in his offence - I see him as a slow to mature player, but he will be a very good 2c. If the Flames manage to draft MacKinnon or Barkov, they will suddenly find themselves very deep in center in about 3 years (when factoring in Jankowski, Arnold and Deblouw).

I just think Reinhart will be a player you will just look at statistically to really appreciate enough. He will be one of those leaders who do so much to help a team win, even if it isn't on the scoreboard.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Have always said he had the potential to be a very good 3rd line guy. Still think that's the case. He's obviously playing up in the lineup considering the Flames lack of depth. On a playoff team, I still think he'll be a very good 3rd liner in the future.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Have always said he had the potential to be a very good 3rd line guy. Still think that's the case. He's obviously playing up in the lineup considering the Flames lack of depth. On a playoff team, I still think he'll be a very good 3rd liner in the future.

This. I think he'll be a guy who would not look out of place playing on the top 6 on a lot of teams. Forces turn overs aplenty and does the little things right.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
He's playing like he wants a top-six spot next year, great effort in the games I've seen, good positioning, and offensive touch to boot. Very impressive.

For some reason I thought his bro Griffin was drafted by the Leafs, but he's actually an Islanders pick. That kid is gonna be real good, everything I've seen him in he's been a force, WJC, Super Series, WHL playoffs with the Oil Kings, he is gonna be a real good blueliner, don't wanna overstate it but he plays like Pronger did when he first came up. Great hockey family, those Reinharts. Supposedly the youngest is the best one of all, although seems like they're always saying that about brothers.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Max Reinhart

This guy has been an enormous riser for the Flames this year. He has almost tripled his production from his rookie season in the AHL this year, and is close to playing at a PPG pace. He may not be as prominent a prospect as his 2 younger brothers, but this guy is developing very nicely and beyond expectations IMO. He is now playing LW, he's an excellent 2-way player, extremely good hockey IQ to. He was once thought of having a ceiling as a potential 3rd line grinder type, but with his recent offensive production, he now looks to have a legit top 6 upside.

He's a top 10 prospect for the Flames, I expect him to be a regular by next season, perhaps playing wing to his brother Sam ;)

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
I think it's kinda funny that both the Isles and Flames have one of the Reinhart brothers, and both have legit chances this season to draft the remaining brother. If either team gets Sam Reinhart expect to see endless CGY-NYI proposals on the trade forum. :laugh:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I really don't get why people have to make these comments and derail a thread. Reinhart has had tremendous development in his game. He deserves some acknowledgement for doing so, and there's a lot to be excited about in regards to how he's progressing. If you have nothing conducive to contribute, you really do not need to post your comments in here.

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
I think it's kinda funny that both the Isles and Flames have one of the Reinhart brothers, and both have legit chances this season to draft the remaining brother. If either team gets Sam Reinhart expect to see endless CGY-NYI proposals on the trade forum. :laugh:

Better that, than to have endless 3-way complicated trade scenarios ;)

Max I believe still plays center in the AHL from time to time. I think Ward has him and Granlund switching at times, though Granlund is seemingly taking the bulk.

Ward wants to make sure that Reinhart can be an effective player at center or on the wing. Max is responding nicely, and being much more offensive than anyone has hoped to be honest, while still playing his solid defensive game. Really solid prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad