F Max Reinhart (2010, 64th, CGY; traded to NSH)

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I really like him, a very well rounded player that can shut a player down or bury a chance. Gritty and tough too. I would say it's a gem.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I haven't seen him play but if he's half the player that his father was he would be a first-rounder!!

His father Paul was an OHL All-Star defenceman and they next season the Rangers needed scoring so he played centre and scored 50+ goals.

nik-

Sep 13, 2004
I wasn't too thrilled when we drafted him as I was in the camp that thought we should have taken a flyer on Kabanov.

I'm sold now after his season and the playoffs to this point.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I really like him too. Does a lot of things very well. He could turn into a solid 3rd line center down the road.

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010
Pretty good pedigree, decent size, well rounded player. Possibly a gem.

Maybe a Glencross type with less grit but similar offense?

bananaz

Oct 26, 2006
Canada
ive watched a few kootney playoff games and reinhart is quite noticeable. good defensive plays, solid offensive instincts and is coming up with a few clutch goals.

i think his game with transfer to the nhl much smoother than a prospect like ryan howse (for example)

Tont

May 4, 2006
Not to mention 2 of the 5 goals were shorties. 14 goals in 14 games these playoffs so far.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
He's looking to be an excellent pick - especially for a 3rd rounder. Hard to believe he fell that far based on his numbers this year, but his offensive game has really developed.

I thought he was a nice safe pick who projected as a potential 3rd line centre when the Flames picked him up, but it's looking now like he has top-6 potential.

It's still too early to say if he'll make the NHL, but his game has grown by leaps and bounds this year.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Told you he could score!!

Talk about a good luck thread.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
he is a sick player and is showing some pretty good offensive abilities that may get him some 2nd line min in the nhl, otherwise he looks like a good 3rd liner. His brothers Griffen and Sam look like top picks for their own drafts

Beerfest*

I know some Flames fans were wishing we had drafted Kabonov instead. Kabanov still might turn out to be the better player, however its awesome to see Reinhart doing well right now.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
C Maxwell Reinhart (2010 Draft, 64th overall, Calgary)

Huge game again tonight, to go along with some impressive numbers all around for this year, playoffs especially! Was this a steal for the flames? Does his game project well to the NHL or is he just a big junior producer? Any insight would be great. I also find it odd that both his brothers are projected very very high in their respective years, could it be that max has the same bundle of skill but is just a later bloomer?

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
Think he could be 2nd line guy in the chel one day. Very good skill set. Has to work on becoming more physically dominant. Plays both sides of the Ice, is a threat on both the PK and PP. Looking like a steal if he can continue to produce at this pace next year.

the word*

Kind of a perimeter player but no denying he put up some great numbers in the WHL playoffs.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
He's had a great year especially considering he was a 3rd round pick. It's really hard to tell how players will pan out when they're still in Junior though. The one thing Reinhart has going for him is he was already known as a smart, 2-way player and now seems to have added a bit more offense to his game.

At this point he's likely Calgary's best forward prospect, although that's not saying a ton. Some people may say Howse has better offensive skills, but I don't think his overall game is as good as Reinhart's.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I went to last nights game with full intentions with paying Max full attention since I followed his dads entire career in Kitchener.
During the first period I was sitting amongst some Kootney fans who we quite knowledgeable about hockey and cheering on Max.
Then near the end of the first I realized i was sitting amongst the entire Reinhart clan (Paul included). :laugh::laugh::laugh:

My impressions on Max was he's a very solid NHL prospect with good skating and physicality, good hockey sense and work ethic.
Reminds a lot like his father who seems to do everything very well.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I went to last nights game with full intentions with paying Max full attention since I followed his dads entire career in Kitchener.
During the first period I was sitting amongst some Kootney fans who we quite knowledgeable about hockey and cheering on Max.
Then near the end of the first I realized i was sitting amongst the entire Reinhart clan (Paul included). :laugh::laugh::laugh:

My impressions on Max was he's a very solid NHL prospect with good skating and physicality, good hockey sense and work ethic.
Reminds a lot like his father who seems to do everything very well.

Hell I hope you got some autographs, even Griffin's if he was there... Kid looks like he'll be a big star as well. But that's pretty cool.
As far as his skill, what do you think his ceiling is as an NHLer? 2nd line center who can chip in decent?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad