F Max Melicherik - HK Dukla Trencin U16 2 / Slovakia U16 2 (2029 Draft)

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017

Seems like from the stats that this kid could be a big talent out of Slovakia. Late birthday 12 year old that is among the top scorers in the league. Anyone have further insight?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Wow - 2029.

But I have heard this kids name muttered as a potential elite talent out of Slovakia. Cool that the stats back that up (so far) It’ll be interesting to see his Journe going forward.
Really hard to tell as that league has like what 30 teams and there is a higher U16 league with 27 teams.

Great stats but doesn't bring much meaning without context.

Samuel Pisarcik is 13 and scored 8 points in a single game then had a 19-16-18-34 line in the higher U16 league.

Is he a better prospect?

No idea

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Really hard to tell as that league has like what 30 teams and there is a higher U16 league with 27 teams.

Great stats but doesn't bring much meaning without context.

Samuel Pisarcik is 13 and scored 8 points in a single game then had a 19-16-18-34 line in the higher U16 league.

Is he a better prospect?

No idea
Perhaps - too early to say anything with any degree of certainty of course.

But when you‘re talking to different individuals in the scouting community about future prospects - a kids name comes up and that same kid is outscoring another kid his age in a league by more than 25 points, it‘s possible that they are right.

Can’t comment on Pisarcik obviously - but from what I have heard Malicherik is legit.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Interesting player, first round.
However, I know two or three among the Czechs for draft-29 who are stronger than Melicherik, until I name names so as not to jinx it.

Last edited:
Reactions: JotAlan

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
It's an U14 league. EP is chaotic in this one. Slovak U16 league in EP is actually U15 league and Slovak U18 league in EP is actually U17 league. Before the beginning of the season there was a restructuring of the youth leagues in Slovakia. Anyway, Max is really talented player. I think it's still early. for his thread, but once it's created, it will be interesting to watch him.

Reactions: mirec04

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
Yes, he´s a son of former player Milos Melicherik who is currently a hockey coach in Great Britain (Guildford) and played with young Gaborik in the past in Slovakia.

I mentioned as a first person Melicherik´s name here in the summer, he´s definitely not a ordinary player. In this age I´ve never seen more talented kid in Slovakia AINEC so I believe he´ll be a beast one day. But still he celebrated only his 12th birthday recently and I think there was still some time left for his thread.

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
And when Melicherik has his own thread already here it could be at least mentioned he's not the only Slovak wonderkid in this age category.

Oliver Tomastik is the next one who looks exceptional however the size is the question mark for him he's very smallish so far. But his talent is more than obvious and has an absolute amazing skillset and quick legs. If he grows up enough he could be a real gem, if not he could be the next Samuel Sisik ?!

These two Melicherik and Tomastik look extremely promising so far and I would say they're better than Slaf and Nemec were in that age from what I remember. But this is still very very early and at first I want to see them play in more competitive games before I get to be too excited from them, especially from Tomastik who is still a real wild card obviously.

Last edited:
Reactions: hellwar9

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
It's an U14 league. EP is chaotic in this one. Slovak U16 league in EP is actually U15 league and Slovak U18 league in EP is actually U17 league. Before the beginning of the season there was a restructuring of the youth leagues in Slovakia. Anyway, Max is really talented player. I think it's still early. for his thread, but once it's created, it will be interesting to watch him.
I have checked it, there are also some players born in 2007 and 2008 playing in that league. What are the actual rules? I don't understand them to be honest.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
I have checked it, there are also some players born in 2007 and 2008 playing in that league. What are the actual rules? I don't understand them to be honest.
"Players of the age category older pupils, i.e. players born from 1.9.2007 to 31.8.2009, can play in the matches.

Players of the age category younger pupils, born from 1.9.2009 to 31.8.2010, can be selected for the competition."

Yes, I just checked it, my bad. It looks more like U15 league with the possibility that late 2007s can play there too. Just a pupil league, this is a longer problem in Slovakia, because it's not like in the world that these leagues are played according to the year of birth, but according to the grades in the school. But it's definitely not an u16 league. I think that after the season there will be another restructuring of the youth leagues, because the quality of every youth league in Slovakia has gone down significantly this season. It is starting to border on amateur level, even though there are great individualities, like Melicharek, or the above mentioned Tomastik.

Reactions: mirec04

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
Tell me the names here in private so I can accompany these jewels, please.
I can't take that post too seriously. Highly doubt that Czech rep. has several (??) kids who are better than Melicherik. Maybe later in the future but not at this moment. Max is too good for 12 y.o. kid right now.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
I can't take that post too seriously. Highly doubt that Czech rep. has several (??) kids who are better than Melicherik. Maybe later in the future but not at this moment. Max is too good for 12 y.o. kid right now.
In any case: the Czechs and Slovaks have an amazing generation growing up after a long downtime. Since last year's draft (22) (D.Jiříček, Kulich; Slafkovský, Š. Nemec) there have been names that can become top. The trend will continue in the coming drafts (23-27) (Šalé, Hrabal, A.Jiříček, Badinka, Benák, Byrtus, Kachlíř; Dvorský, Honzek, Chromiak, Pobežal, Tomík, A. Nemec, Valek). Both nations also have interesting promising players for later drafts (28-32) - among such young ones, only Melicherik has been talked about so far, but I assure you, there are many other personalities about whom, I hope, topics will be opened soon. Czechoslovakian hockey will once again become competitive on the international level.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Nah man. But let me show you this 11 year old from [insert country] in [insert league]!! His stats are crazy bro. I've never seen him play BUT JUST LOOK AT THESE NUMBERS ON EP, BRO!
He's going to be the next Crosby, bro!!!!!!!
First off, don’t think anyone really talks about prospects like you are. Very dramatic and brings very little to the discussion.

If you have a good understanding of these leagues, Historical precedent , and the quality of competition of these leagues before hand - I don’t think it’s at all far fetched to put a kid on your radar because of EP.

It is a fantastic tool if you‘re into following prospects as a hobby. I use it to bookmark interesting players - and when I find time, I will look into these players further, watch film, ask around etc. Having a wealth of public information in this space is never a bad thing, let’s not act like it is.

Lavar Ball

Neva Lost
Apr 23, 2022
Chino Hills, CA
First off, don’t think anyone really talks about prospects like you are. Very dramatic and brings very little to the discussion.

If you have a good understanding of these leagues, Historical precedent , and the quality of competition of these leagues before hand - I don’t think it’s at all far fetched to put a kid on your radar because of EP.

It is a fantastic tool if you‘re into following prospects as a hobby. I use it to bookmark interesting players - and when I find time, I will look into these players further, watch film, ask around etc. Having a wealth of public information in this space is never a bad thing, let’s not act like it is.
This is completely irrelevant but my EP bookmark feature is so broken, anytime I go to view my bookmarked players the whole site crashes for me

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad