F Max Melicherik - HK Dukla Trencin U16 2 / Slovakia U16 2 (2029 Draft)

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Don't know but he is second in points on his team as a late 2010 (almost 2011)

1. RA, Geonhu (2008) - GP: 15 PTS: 32
2. Melicherik, Max (2010) - GP: 15 PTS : 26

In the whole AA league he shares 14th spot with two 2010 born players.

4. Domonkos Dominik (2010) GP: 10 PTS :35
5. Misik, Kristof (2011) GP: 15: PTS 34
14. Svajda, Leonard (2010) GP: 15 PTS: 26
14. Orban, Alexander (2010) GP: 14 PTS 26
14. Melicherik, Max (2010) GP: 15 PTS 26

Domonkos and Misik are far ahead of him.

Here you can see his 3 primary assists from last game plus some bonus footage from this month:
Jersey number: 21

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
Hah, you wrote him off pretty quickly :huh:

Melicherik is an elite talent, of course he is. I saw his games this season and he dominates every single match.

Unfortunately he´s struggling a lot to beat goalies this season, he needs so many chances to score a goal. And that´s concern cause what will happen when he´ll face a quality goalkeepers in next level...

Pazucha: You can´t compare him with these others 2010 kids in U16 league at all. Because mostly they face a weaker opponents than Melicherik. Melicherik is better than all of them (only Domonkos is close I would say) which is clearly visible when they´re playing matches against each other.

Last edited:

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019

Melicherik is an elite talent, of course he is. I saw his games this season and he dominates every single match.

Unfortunately he´s struggling a lot to beat goalies this season, he needs so many chances to score a goal. And that´s concern cause what will happen when he´ll face a quality goalkeepers in next level...

Pazucha: You can´t compare him with these others 2010 kids in U16 league at all. Because mostly they face a weaker opponents than Melicherik. Melicherik is better than all of them (only Domonkos is close I would say) which is clearly visible when they´re playing matches against each other.
An elite talent on a Slovak scale perhaps, but on a World scale, his record is not worth much.

Considering his age and his performances, I think it is useless to talk about him at the moment.

At this age, we should only talk about prodigies who perform exceptionally well. Among the players born in 2010, only Maddox Schultz deserves attention.

I have no problem talking about very young players but selling a 13 year old player as an elite talent when he doesn't even dominate his age category in his region, no.

Reactions: wetcoast

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Same thing when I go to see the Brick Invitational games this summer (accessible for free on the tournament website). A player will stand out like Jack Allgood last year. We will have to talk about it. I don't see the point of doing it on purpose not to have seen anything. The guy survived the cameras, the spectators. He will survive a topic that will mention his performance.

Even if he misses his adult life, he will at least have the pride of having been a champion.
Man I thought you were making up that name and it's legit and will be a huge part of his development on HF boards nod doubt.

Also the guy second in the Brick has a killer name in Flavio DiPlacido.

I for one am rooting for both guys to be elite prospects just to hear their names.

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023

Clearly not the elite Slovak talent hoped for. We will have to look elsewhere.

I think only Domonkos plays in a different league (East) but Melicherik, Misik, Svajda and Orban play in the West (Trencin - NMNV - Bratislava - Nitra).

West is usually stronger as far as I know.

Max is currently 4th in the entire league with the most shots on a goalie (94 shoots in 15 games). His teammate and probably linemate Ra is also struggling with (111 shots on a goalie in 15 games). That means he should have much more points than he currently has.

1.RA, Geonhu2008TRORW151913322,1327111
2.MIŠÍK, Michal2009NMNCE151627432,8730102
3.MŠÁLL, Michal2008PARLW152313362,402899
4.MELICHERÍK, Max2010TROCE151214261,732494
5.MOLNÁR, Jakub2008MIMRW111011211,911782

Last edited:
Reactions: Martinez89

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
I think only Domonkos plays in a different league (East) but Melicherik, Misik, Svajda and Orban play in the West (Trencin - NMNV - Bratislava - Nitra).

West is usually stronger as far as I know.

Max is currently 4th in the entire league with the most shots on a goalie (94 shoots in 15 games). His teammate and probably linemate Ra is also struggling with (111 shots on a goalie in 15 games). That means he should have much more points than he currently has.

1.RA, Geonhu2008TRORW151913322,1327111
2.MIŠÍK, Michal2009NMNCE151627432,8730102
3.MŠÁLL, Michal2008PARLW152313362,402899
4.MELICHERÍK, Max2010TROCE151214261,732494
5.MOLNÁR, Jakub2008MIMRW111011211,911782
I agree about West group is stronger than East, always is. And also about Max has a disappointing season so far, he´s snakebitten and sometimes showing he´s frustrated by that. But don´t worry, elite talent is still there and he didn´t forget to play hockey in 2 months.

I saw some of these kids play in person in several tournaments or so, I also know Max personally (a little bit) so for me it´s easy to compare them and there is a gap between Max and the others.

Time for a better comparision begins at worst in U18 league or U17 or what it is, where all the best teams are playing together. This is still only kid´s league where points shouldn´t be in the first place and as I wrote, the comparision here is quite useless - for several reasons. Somewhere in October the league was divided into qualitative groups where stronger teams are playing against stronger teams only and weaker teams same.

Or there is a garbage team like Lamac where some players can score 10-15 points per game and this makes a difference... and then someone like Misik (2011) may look like the better player than Max in some people's eyes because his stats looks better, but he isn´t by any means.

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
currently sitting 6th in points, youngest player in top 10 and only 2029 eligible there.

conversations about world hockey prodigy are propably too soon, maybe a bit overexaggerate, but he is definitely on pace being elite prospect from tiers like Slaf, Nemec or Dvorský.

but there are lot of positive talks about him, even Slaf or Nemec werent talk about like this kid when they were 12-13 yo.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
currently sitting 6th in points, youngest player in top 10 and only 2029 eligible there.

conversations about world hockey prodigy are propably too soon, maybe a bit overexaggerate, but he is definitely on pace being elite prospect from tiers like Slaf, Nemec or Dvorský.

but there are lot of positive talks about him, even Slaf or Nemec werent talk about like this kid when they were 12-13 yo.
Slafkovsky and Nemec played U18 at U14

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
Slafkovsky and Nemec played U18 at U14
Wait, what you´re talking about? Slaf and Nemec played U18 league in their D-4 season. Melicherik is in his D-5 season - and that´s the reason he´s not allowed play any games in U18 league this year anyway because of age restrictions. Which I thought that such an experienced poster like you would know but doesn´t.

So your comparision here is a complete nonsense, once again.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Wait, what you´re talking about? Slaf and Nemec played U18 league in their D-4 season. Melicherik is in his D-5 season - and that´s the reason he´s not allowed play any games in U18 league this year anyway because of age restrictions. Which I thought that such an experienced poster like you would know but doesn´t.

So your comparision here is a complete nonsense, once again.
Draft problem where people forget the fundamentals about age categories.

Melicherik is U14 like Slafkovsky and Nemec was 6 years ago.

Furthermore Slafkovsky and Nemec were far ahead of the other Slovak players.

There, there are several 2010 players who seem to be at his level.

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
Draft problem where people forget the fundamentals about age categories.

Melicherik is U14 like Slafkovsky and Nemec was 6 years ago.
Maybe it´s you who forgot the fundamentals about age categories. Melicherik is a late 2010 he was born on Nov 28, 2010 so he isn´t the same school or draft class like Slaf and Nemec were 6 years ago. You can´t compare them and if you want the explanation why, read this.

Another reason you can´t compare them is the fact that players born after Sep 01, 2010 aren´t allowed play in U18 league because of age restrictions. So Melicherik isn´t allowed play in the same league as Slaf and Nemec played 6 years ago because he´s younger than they were 6 years ago. Then how can we compare them to each other, understand this?

So your comparision was surprisingly completely irrelevant, end of the story.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Maybe it´s you who forgot the fundamentals about age categories. Melicherik is a late 2010 he was born on Nov 28, 2010 so he isn´t the same school or draft class like Slaf and Nemec were 6 years ago. You can´t compare them and if you want the explanation why, read this.

Another reason you can´t compare them is the fact that players born after Sep 01, 2010 aren´t allowed play in U18 league because of age restrictions. So Melicherik isn´t allowed play in the same league as Slaf and Nemec played 6 years ago because he´s younger than they were 6 years ago. Then how can we compare them to each other, understand this?

So your comparision was surprisingly completely irrelevant, end of the story.

Sorry but the age categories are based on the year of birth. September 15 barrier only works for the NHL draft. Melicherik is U14. Not U13.

Melicherik is very far from the level of Slafkovsky and Nemec when they were U14.

There are 3 2010 guys above him in production. He is in the leading pack but he is not above the rest.

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
Sorry but the age categories are based on the year of birth. September 15 barrier only works for the NHL draft. Melicherik is U14. Not U13.

Melicherik is very far from the level of Slafkovsky and Nemec when they were U14.

There are 3 2010 guys above him in production. He is in the leading pack but he is not above the rest.
Ok :DD

I apologize for my comments of course you´re right and you´re the smartest person in the room again. I accept you´re the winner of our conversation, well done. :popcorn:

Reactions: Goodman68 and alko

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Even if he was allowed to play in the U18 by rules it doesn't necessarily mean Trencin would let him play there.

Samuel Pisarcik 2009 and Lucas Congrady are two of the better 2009 players and they are still stucked with the U16 Trencin team.

Max is almost two years younger than Samuel

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017

Talking out your ass again I see?

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Max Melicherik really can't play in the U17 Slovak League because of the age limit. Official guidelines say this.

Article 6

Sporting and technical conditions

6.2. Players of age category dorast (U17), i.e. players born from 1.1.2007 to 31.8.2008 can play in matches.

6.3. In one match, on the basis of a valid ageing registered and approved in the IS SZLH, players from a lower age category may also play, including goalkeepers, up to a maximum of 5 players. For the competition Extraliga Dorastu (U17 Slovak League) players of the age category older students, born from 1.9.2008 to 31.8.2010, can be approved.

Source official website of the Slovak Ice Hockey Association.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’s also a late birthday. When you are 13 like he is, being like 8 months older or something like that compared to another very good player is a huge difference. This isn’t like the NHL where no one knows if Crosby was born in November or February because he’s into his mid 30’s. When you are so young it can be decisive if you are born at the beginning of a year or the end.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Ok :DD

I apologize for my comments of course you´re right and you´re the smartest person in the room again. I accept you´re the winner of our conversation, well done. :popcorn:
I have only one user blocked, so I assume that this discussion was visited by Mr. Statistician, the smartest in this galaxy :laugh:
My condolences to all the arguments :help:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad