F Max Melicherik - HK Dukla Trencin U16 2 / Slovakia U16 2 (2029 Draft)

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
In any case: the Czechs and Slovaks have an amazing generation growing up after a long downtime. Since last year's draft (22) (D.Jiříček, Kulich; Slafkovský, Š. Nemec) there have been names that can become top. The trend will continue in the coming drafts (23-27) (Šalé, Hrabal, A.Jiříček, Badinka, Benák, Byrtus, Kachlíř; Dvorský, Honzek, Chromiak, Pobežal, Tomík, A. Nemec, Valek). Both nations also have interesting promising players for later drafts (28-32) - among such young ones, only Melicherik has been talked about so far, but I assure you, there are many other personalities about whom, I hope, topics will be opened soon. Czechoslovakian hockey will once again become competitive on the international level.
Prospects for 2032? Ouch, I´m not that far :) I would say I start watching 11-12 y.o. kids and older but ok someone has to work with little ones too :)

And as you typed it´s only good for all hockey and obviously for our both nations that Czechoslovakian hockey become competitive again. Although in matches between SVK and CZE is always big rivalry which is fine, we´re still very friendly nations and I´m honestly glad for both that we´re on the rise and regaining lost respect.

I´m fully aware Czech republic is producing a lot of talent right now, not only the Slovaks and you´re still stronger. I just think Melicherik is the best in his age category "today". Of course in 2-3-4 years there will be pretty sure more very talented known kids. I believe I can compare this cause I saw every Melicherik´s game this season and for example I´m often in Prague too and watch some hockey there. And from what I saw and know Czech rep. has also an amazing talent in Dominik Zelezny (2011) for example and most probably more to come. But trust me, being today at the level of Melicherik is extremely difficult for 11-12 y.o. children...

Reactions: hellwar9 and czech

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
EliteProspects and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.
The guy was known by many here before his EP record was created. I am one of them. A Slovak from the site had talked about him and indeed there were already articles mentioning his performance last year. I had advised him to create the topic on this site. He said he preferred to wait.

Brief. The guy is famous. So once you know him, I don't see much point in ignoring him on purpose.

Same thing when I go to see the Brick Invitational games this summer (accessible for free on the tournament website). A player will stand out like Jack Allgood last year. We will have to talk about it. I don't see the point of doing it on purpose not to have seen anything. The guy survived the cameras, the spectators. He will survive a topic that will mention his performance.

Even if he misses his adult life, he will at least have the pride of having been a champion.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Wanted to bump this thread.

He just finished second in scoring in the euro U14 WSI with 17 points in 8 games - it was a tournament for 2009 born players; he is a 2010.

his teammate Samuel Pisarcik - who was mentioned earlier in the thread lead the tournament in scoring with 18 points. Their next closest teammate in scoring had 9.

Early indicators point to him being a very special talent out of Slovakia. Here’s to hoping.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia

He just finished second in scoring in the euro U14 WSI with 17 points in 8 games - it was a tournament for 2009 born players; he is a 2010.

his teammate Samuel Pisarcik - who was mentioned earlier in the thread lead the tournament in scoring with 18 points. Their next closest teammate in scoring had 9.

Early indicators point to him being a very special talent out of Slovakia. Here’s to hoping.
He is even late 2010, really interesting player to watch

Martinez89

May 20, 2019

I watched the games at that tournament in person (because of him) and, obviously, I was very impressed with Max. It´s hard to predict the distant future but I´m pretty sure he´s going to be highly valued 1C for Slovak juniors national teams who will be the envy of other teams at that level. His best asset is probably that I don´t see any visible weaknesses in his game, he has everything and will be only get better.

Last edited:
Reactions: vlady

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
Now the question, will he stay and develop in Slovakia or look elsewhere ?
Max is easily too young to go abroad now so I expect 2 more years in Slovakia for him. And then nobody knows what will be in 2 years but I can imagine he´ll be too good to stay in Slovakia. In that case maybe he could try to follow Slaf´s footsteps? Although I prefer the Swedish/US route for Slovak prospects.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antiillafire

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Binter, Skorepa and Zelezny?
Vik, Zelezny and Richter. But Richter has recently disappeared from view and I am taking him off the agenda.
Binter has been progressing lately, I took note, but at the moment, perhaps, the second or third round. Skorepa has excellent control of the puck, but I think the player needs to improve his skating. Also the second or third round. But I would add defender Dominik Staviček, who performed well at that tournament (well, you guessed which tournament we are talking about), in the first round. The guy also scores in the Czech championship like a real forward.
In general, a Czechoslovakian draft may work out. Melicherik and Zelezny can probably get into the top 5.

czech

Feb 23, 2009

Yes, he has great chemistry with Pisarcik. (Pisarcik scores from a pass from Melicherik and again Pisarcik scores from a pass from Melicherik).

samuu

Aug 15, 2022
Germany
Vik, Zelezny and Richter. But Richter has recently disappeared from view and I am taking him off the agenda.
Binter has been progressing lately, I took note, but at the moment, perhaps, the second or third round. Skorepa has excellent control of the puck, but I think the player needs to improve his skating. Also the second or third round. But I would add defender Dominik Staviček, who performed well at that tournament (well, you guessed which tournament we are talking about), in the first round. The guy also scores in the Czech championship like a real forward.
In general, a Czechoslovakian draft may work out. Melicherik and Zelezny can probably get into the top 5.
Is Zelezny Slovak or Czech? :)

czech

Feb 23, 2009
In addition to the aforementioned Czechs Vik, Stavicek and Zelezny, other Europeans competing with Melicherik for high positions in the draft will be his compatriot Tomastik, Russians Rodionov and Malyshev, Swedes Illestrom-Persson and Westermark, Finns Nyberg and Pollarikoski, Latvian Purins, Pole Wsol and Dane Heeris.
At the moment, Melicherik is ahead of many on this list.

Reactions: JotAlan

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
In addition to the aforementioned Czechs Vik, Stavicek and Zelezny, other Europeans competing with Melicherik for high positions in the draft will be his compatriot Tomastik, Russians Rodionov and Malyshev, Swedes Illestrom-Persson and Westermark, Finns Nyberg and Pollarikoski, Latvian Purins, Pole Wsol and Dane Heeris.
At the moment, Melicherik is ahead of many on this list.
Among the Finns I would add Halonen. 101 goals and an average of almost 5ppg in 35 games as an underage player is a bit surreal lol

Reactions: czech

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Does the same for me on mobile - it‘s frustrating for sure. When I’m on my PC nothing.
I never knew about this feature so I added it but for me threads like this for a 12 year old player is really a love/hate type of thing.

Sure for the absolute best guys but then people start threads on any player who is entered on Elite prospects and it kind of takes the fun out of it.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I would be interested in the success of such predictions. Recently, someone here did the math for one such prediction, it was certainly not that young players, and every year the success rate dropped dramatically. For me, it's more of a diversion. But of course they can be players who will really be successful, I remember Slafkovský, Nemec and Mešár, who were also talked about very early on.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
What is halonen’s first name?
Eliel Halonen. JYP.
Is there any confirming information that it is late 2010? I did not find. I would also add Roope Hilli. But again, I don’t know whether it’s the "usual" 2011 or the later one. On Finnish websites they often only give the year of birth, not the full date.
In general, I think it’s time to open a separate topic about the 2029 draft. Topics about players from 2012 and younger are mercilessly closed by moderators. However, topics about players entering the 2011 draft and earlier are left untouched. Perhaps we can open a general topic about such guys, so as not to clutter this topic with messages that do not concern Melicherik. What do you think?

Reactions: mirec04 and JotAlan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad