F Keith Getson - Charlottetown Islanders, QMJHL (2016 undrafted)

localfan

Jul 9, 2011
I just want to correct something or clarify something here - you mention Morgan Nauss was good for South Shore i will assume you meant Alex Nauss - F ( 1996 born ).

Morgan Nauss is a 1998 born Defender that plays for the Halifax MacDonalds and is a legit round 1-3 Q draft potential. I think he is off to a great start this year and has all the tools to compete at the next level.

I can't see him (Morgan) playing Midget next year. As long as he doesn't end up drafted to a team that is already stacked, he will be in the Q next year.

hockeyman99

Aug 6, 2011
Luc Poirier and Johnny Jones from Halifax Seem to be off to a great start, will this help them in their Q draft this year? As well as Mitchell Balmas who seems to be over taking Keith Getson

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I just want to correct something or clarify something here - you mention Morgan Nauss was good for South Shore i will assume you meant Alex Nauss - F ( 1996 born ).

Morgan Nauss is a 1998 born Defender that plays for the Halifax MacDonalds and is a legit round 1-3 Q draft potential. I think he is off to a great start this year and has all the tools to compete at the next level.

i did mean Alex lol...i always get them mixed up right now lol (early in the season)

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Luc Poirier and Johnny Jones from Halifax Seem to be off to a great start, will this help them in their Q draft this year? As well as Mitchell Balmas who seems to be over taking Keith Getson

Balmas is ahead of Getson, Balmas will be the 1st overall pick in the draft unless he plays NCAA.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
Balmas is ahead of Getson, Balmas will be the 1st overall pick in the draft unless he plays NCAA.

Has there been any indication as to whether he would play in chl or NCAA? If NCAA does it sound like there is a front runner to get him as of now?

Rekus

Dec 7, 2011
Balmas won't NCAA. might use it to go where he wants but he isn't going NCAA. trust me.[/QUOTE

It's early but would he go to Shawinigan? Quebec is not far behind - but they have no first rounds picks right now. That may change at christmas time.

Rekus

Dec 7, 2011

Campoli still has a chance to go before Balmas. Depends what a team is looking for.

Last edited:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Balmas won't NCAA. might use it to go where he wants but he isn't going NCAA. trust me.[/QUOTE

It's early but would he go to Shawinigan? Quebec is not far behind - but they have no first rounds picks right now. That may change at christmas time.

Should be interesting. I don't know if he's the type to hold out like Roy & MacKinnon but it would be funny if a CB player held out of QC a year after a QC player held out of CB.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com

oh i know Balmas is not going NCAA but he can use the card to pick his team....like what 60% of the top players do now.........but he has said he wants to play in the Q but i do not call players untill after the season, so i will see what he says then

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Campoli still has a chance to go before Balmas. Depends what a team is looking for.

the talent is there for it to happen, if you look at Campoli's skill he has size, great strength, excellent hockey sense, great positional play, hits like a truck, aggressive, smooth handling the puck out of his zone, but is not a puck rusher, has good first pass, he has a decent shot from the point as well, works but around well from the point but he is still missing that all around game being a great two way defender, if his offensive game picks up I can see him giving a good run but if his offense stays as solid working the puck around but not a guy who can create in the offensive zone I think he does behind Balmas....too me and this could be different to anyone who is picking as this is personal prefrence i guess but to go 1st overall I think a player needs to explosive, a game changer, and im not sure if I would take Adam Foote over Mike Modano...im using them as a refrence because Foote an amazing strong defender who is physical and Modano a good size very skilled player so im using them for my refrence.

Rekus

Dec 7, 2011
the talent is there for it to happen, if you look at Campoli's skill he has size, great strength, excellent hockey sense, great positional play, hits like a truck, aggressive, smooth handling the puck out of his zone, but is not a puck rusher, has good first pass, he has a decent shot from the point as well, works but around well from the point but he is still missing that all around game being a great two way defender, if his offensive game picks up I can see him giving a good run but if his offense stays as solid working the puck around but not a guy who can create in the offensive zone I think he does behind Balmas....too me and this could be different to anyone who is picking as this is personal prefrence i guess but to go 1st overall I think a player needs to explosive, a game changer, and im not sure if I would take Adam Foote over Mike Modano...im using them as a refrence because Foote an amazing strong defender who is physical and Modano a good size very skilled player so im using them for my refrence.

Makes sense. Also Campoli is injured and out for a while. May hurt his draft status.

localfan

Jul 9, 2011

This is Poirier's 2nd draft year, Jones is a 1998 so first crack at the draft.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
This is Poirier's 2nd draft year, Jones is a 1998 so first crack at the draft.

Nope, Jones is also a '97.

They'll both likely be taken at some point in the draft.

Can't believe the Getson thread has 4 pages when he's not even the best '98 in NS ;)

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
Will be getting another look at Getson this weekend, his team has been on a bit of a slide, will look to see if he is dominant.

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
Will be getting another look at Getson this weekend, his team has been on a bit of a slide, will look to see if he is dominant.

Skating: 4.5 / 5
Pos: Incredible strength on skates, powerful stride, fast feet when needed, you feel he is a strong skater instantly,
Neg: Lacks some edge knowledge, a little work here and he could be amazing

Scoring: n/a ( i would have ranked him a 4/5 without this game based on past observances )
No scoring, No points
Generated 3 chances on 16 shifts, one break away, one on a 5 on 3 PP.
There was a hunger to score.

Shooting: 4/5
Possesses a hard low accurate snap shot, would like to see some variety. Small sample size.

Passing: 4/5
Good vision and accurate passing. Was very creative down low. Head was up.

Puck Control: 4.5/5
No one could knock him off the puck even once this game, he lost the handle on it once in traffic.
Amazing down low on the PP with and without pressure

Game Sense: 4/5
Can read the play well, anticipate and adjust.
Cannot be intimidated

Game notes:

Close, physical game.
He was not the best player on the ice compared to both teams.
He was the best overall rookie by a margin.
He was the second best draft eligible player on the ice.
He and his whole team slowed down noticeably with each period so there could be conditioning issues.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Not completely correct. Eric Bissonnette is still a scout for Gatineau and he is out of Fredericton.

are you sure on that, he was a scout last year for the team, but I am almost sure he did not return last year, last year was his 1st year with the team and I am pretty sure it was his last.

NBHockey

finish your checks
Jan 12, 2012
New Brunswick
Balmas and Getson both played NB teams this weekend. Getson very quiet on the score sheet other than the 10 min misconduct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad