F Julius Nattinen - JYP, Liiga (2015, 59th, ANA; released)

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
Maybe he'll be a fourth line AHL player like Suomela who led the Liiga in scoring as well. Or in the KHL like Haapala after trying to make it to the NHL after he burned out after his point leading season, or Stromwall... or the countless other Finnish scoring champs and high flyers on the good side of 20. The truth is, the Liiga is absolute garbage right now; like a lot of Euro leagues. Whether that be because less money is spent on hockey overseas, or what I am not 100% sure across the European spectrum-- I'm much more well read on it from a KHL perspective. But the fact is, even if Nattinen signs with an NHL team he has a long ways to go before he's back on an NHL trajectory.

Haapala and Suomela were both skinny and small. Julius is complitely opposite. And i have watched them both play and Nättinen is easily better than Suomela.

David OSullivan

Oct 12, 2017
Maybe he'll be a fourth line AHL player like Suomela who led the Liiga in scoring as well. Or in the KHL like Haapala after trying to make it to the NHL after he burned out after his point leading season, or Stromwall... or the countless other Finnish scoring champs and high flyers on the good side of 20. The truth is, the Liiga is absolute garbage right now; like a lot of Euro leagues. Whether that be because less money is spent on hockey overseas, or what I am not 100% sure across the European spectrum-- I'm much more well read on it from a KHL perspective. But the fact is, even if Nattinen signs with an NHL team he has a long ways to go before he's back on an NHL trajectory.

Garbage is overkill but it's fair comment to say the jump from liiga to nhl is vast. We can only look at his attributes and nattinen excites me more than any other slight later bloomed prospect from finland for a long long time. I think he has what it takes to make an nhl career but certainly he needs to continue this form over a longer period. Hopefully he continues, makes and top scores on the wc team and we see him nhl next year

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
Scored again on first period. His wrister was 141 km/h (87,6 mph). Amazing shot

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Nättinen scores a goal

giphy.gif

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
Said in YLE interview that his confidence is sky high and he wants to show he can play in NHL. Doesn't view himself as pure goal scorer but rather all around player. Also said he has used his skating and shot more this year, instead of looking ways to pass puck someone else.

Leading league in points and goals.

21 games, 18 goals, 13 passes and 31 points. Second is Tyler Morley 20 games, 15 goals and 10 passes, 25 points.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I have no idea on what terms Ducks and Nattinen parted ways, I would be very glad to still have him in our system and give a chance.
By his comments it sounds like he MIGHT be looking for someone to give him an immediate spot on the NHL. Not sure Ducks would do that.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I have no idea on what terms Ducks and Nattinen parted ways, I would be very glad to still have him in our system and give a chance.
By his comments it sounds like he MIGHT be looking for someone to give him an immediate spot on the NHL. Not sure Ducks would do that.
I'm also interested if anyone has any info on what terms did the Ducks and Näts (yes, I just did that) part ways? I don't remember there ever been any reports of any kind of conflict, maybe the contract was terminated in good common terms? Then again, sending him to Liiga on loan instead of contract buy-out would've probably implied them parting ways in better spirits.

Reactions: Kalv

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
If he wants to come back over, there’ll be a team that will give him a chance 100%.

Don’t know if he’s good enough to play in the league but someone will give him an opportunity just because of how well he’s playing overseas.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
55pts in 54 Liiga games this season. He is still only 23 years old.
You’d think someone is willing to take a risk on him.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
55pts in 54 Liiga games this season. He is still only 23 years old.
You’d think someone is willing to take a risk on him.
33 of those 55 points being goals is worth mentioning. It might take a one-way contract but assuming he's willing to at least start the year in the AHL I'd think more than a few teams would give him an offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad