F Julius Nattinen - JYP, Liiga (2015, 59th, ANA; released)

SAS

Sep 29, 2017
Hopefully he rejoins the NHL the year after next. With the uncertainty of COVID-19, I am guessing he wanted a guaranteed contract for this coming year. He has a lot of talent and should give it another chance in North America.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
He definitely has a very nice wrister and also a great hockey sense for recognizing scoring chances very well. But I’m not convinced that he has the right kind of physicality and attitude for the NHL. And also his skating could be a slight question mark. But if his intensity and physicality have clearly improved, then maybe he will have still a chance with an NHL career. If that still happens, I’ll be very positively surprised.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Glad to see him tearing it up in Europe, but it seems like nobody responded to my inquiry a year ago.

I could've sworn that the Ducks terminated his deal because of his injury and work ethic issues, even all the way back in 2015

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Glad to see him tearing it up in Europe, but it seems like nobody responded to my inquiry a year ago.

I could've sworn that the Ducks terminated his deal because of his injury and work ethic issues, even all the way back in 2015
He’s a free agent, any team can sign him, his contract was terminated back in 2018 after he didn’t want to report to San Diego.
He is free to sign with any team he wishes to.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
He’s a free agent, any team can sign him, his contract was terminated back in 2018 after he didn’t want to report to San Diego.
He is free to sign with any team he wishes to.

Ok? That's not my point. Again, my question was regarding his potential injury issues that I thought he had back in junior

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Ok? That's not my point. Again, my question was regarding his potential injury issues that I thought he had back in junior
Why does this matter so much to you? He is healthy now and playing exceptionally well, at least at the Euro-league level. Probably some NHL team should take a bit of a chance with him. He is clearly A LOT better player right now than he was when he was playing in the AHL. Very different when watching his play. Still I’m not claiming that he will definitely break through to the NHL. But now I do see at least some chance in him panning out after all, as his development has been HUGE during the last two or three years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leaves34

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Crazy how he has completely re-invented his game, from safe two way playmaking center to goal scoring winger.
This is exactly what has happened. The thing is also that he wasn’t really that good for the previous type of game that he was playing, But he seems really quite ideal for playing the relatively big sized and well scoring winger. I have to admit that I had no idea of this happening when I saw him play about three years ago.

Also he has definitely done something very right with his training, as his shot, strength and skating are completely on another level than they were about three years ago. Does anyone happen to know who is training him nowadays? And did something substantially change with his training about three years ago or after that time?

Reactions: barriers

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
This is exactly what has happened. The thing is also that he wasn’t really that good for the previous type of game that he was playing, But he seems really quite ideal for playing the relatively big sized and well scoring winger. I have to admit that I had no idea of this happening when I saw him play about three years ago.

Also he has definitely done something very right with his training, as his shot, strength and skating are completely on another level than they were about three years ago. Does anyone happen to know who is training him nowadays? And did something substantially change with his training about three years ago or after that time?

Not sure if this is correct but Nättinen is listed here:

Revolution Training – Valmennus tekee mestarin

Whatever they are doing seems to be working for Hintz, Välimäki, Heiskanen and Jokiharju as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->