F Jagger Firkus - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2022, 35th, SEA)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Ridiculously creative and shifty. Nearly pulled off the Michigan vs. Red Deer tonight, then hit the post shortly after on a backhand.
All I'm gonna say is, the term "Moves like Jagger" is gonna have a different meaning a few years down the line if his production keeps up.

Haha nice, thanks for the update!

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That was Korzcak.

Moose Jaw is going to be a force next year.

I'm pretty sure they will change it as the puck never hit Korczak. It deflected off of a D-man's skate.

Also, Korczak is AHL eligible next season so if he signs an ELC, he will most likely report to the Hartford Wolf Pack

Reactions: Dominance

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021

2+1 for Firkus last night against Hitmen. I must catch at least one Warriors game live this season just to see this guy play. I can't believe he's outside of top 80 or so in the latest draft rankings.

Reactions: Dominance

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey

2+1 for Firkus last night against Hitmen. I must catch at least one Warriors game live this season just to see this guy play. I can't believe he's outside of top 80 or so in the latest draft rankings.

Agreed that it’s surprising he was only an HM on McKenzie’s latest list. He’s at least as good a prospect as many scoring wingers from the dub recently selected in the second round, and to pick on some of the OHL kids who have disappointed me this year but were still ranked as early second round picks, a better prospect than Ludwinski or McConnell-Barker.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I must catch at least one Warriors game live this season just to see this guy play.
I saw the Oil Kings massacre last night. High level puck skills are pretty evident. Passing, stickhandling, vision and ability to make quick reads and turns on offensive plays once receiving the puck are all one of if not the best on his team.

Couple times he was a bit too casual with the puck and his passes lead to partial turnovers but there weren't many of those compared to other Warriors players. Defensive game needs a lot of work, I think he has the awareness to notice what are the right things to do as a F in D zone when other team has possession but he's just not very active and competitive. Also forechecking game is nearly non-existent so most of the time he looked kind of opportunistic.

My opinion's based on one game but right now I can't imagine him falling to 3rd or later rounds in the draft.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Man, if you really watch the goals he has scored, he really can shoot it. He has some goals where beats goalies from pretty far out.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Man, if you really watch the goals he has scored, he really can shoot it. He has some goals where beats goalies from pretty far out.

It's more impressive because he's so slightly built. Listed at 5'10 150 and looks it based on his photo :

WHL Network

You'd have to think he'll be firing lasers when he adds another 20-30 pounds of muscle.

He's having a hell of a season - the only first-time eligible CHL players outscoring him are Matthew Savoie and Luca Del Bel Belluz, and Del Bel Belluz is a late 2003. And I think only Shane Wright would be better additionally if you do it by points/game instead of raw scoring.

It'll be very interesting to see where he goes. There isn't a lot of defensive value there but he's probably the sort of talent/upside teams should be swinging at in the 25-32 range.

Played C in his first two WHL seasons but has switched to exclusively wing this year.

Reactions: tunnelvision

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad