F Jagger Firkus - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2022, 35th, SEA)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He's listed at 5'10 and 154lbs but that's from the beginning of the season.

On viewings during the year, he's at least an inch taller and definitely 15-20lbs heavier.

Kids grow after all. ;)
I have 0 issues with his size but that's really the only thing I can see because that's a NHL release he has and he's involved all over the ice.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
He's listed at 5'10 and 154lbs but that's from the beginning of the season.

On viewings during the year, he's at least an inch taller and definitely 15-20lbs heavier.

Kids grow after all. ;)
Based on this Nov 12th interview it also sounds like adding muscle won't be a problem for his body since his brother is "probably 5'10"-5'11", 200lbs" (at 13:20->)

Reactions: Bubbles and covfefe

HockeyFan2022

Sep 16, 2021
Highly underrated. Navigates pressure, explosive sidesteps, escapability, slippery on edges, a shot threat from anywhere, really REALLY effective in small area situations. Guy's having an electric season in MJ with 75 pts in 60 GP and I'm shocked he's not even a first-rounder on lists right now. CHL Top Prospects game definitely helped his stock though, unreal play. Fooling goalies laterally with ease, not easy to do at any stage especially here. Put on an excellent show.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Based on this Nov 12th interview it also sounds like adding muscle won't be a problem for his body since his brother is "probably 5'10"-5'11", 200lbs" (at 13:20->)

5"10 200 lbs is pretty hefty for a hockey player though, depending on how he wears that 200 lbs that could be a good thing or a terrible thing haha

Reactions: tunnelvision

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
My condolences to those NHL team fans who dreamed about Firkus falling out of the first round for their team's 2nd round pick. :sarcasm:

Could he be this year's Jarvis? Not trying to make a stylistic comparison but another <6ft forward from WHL who's been producing throughout the draft year but somehow doesn't get much recognition until towards the end of the season, then ends up being drafted in the first round but is still considered a steal* years after the draft?

(*steal as someone who should have been drafted at least a couple spots earlier)

Last edited:

JMac13

Jan 10, 2011
My condolences to those NHL team fans who dreamed about Firkus falling out of the first round for their team's 2nd round pick. :sarcasm:

Could he be this year's Jarvis? Not trying to make a stylistic comparison but another <6ft forward from WHL who's been producing throughout the draft year but somehow doesn't get much recognition until towards the end of the season, then ends up being drafted in the first round but is still considered a steal* years after the draft?

(*steal as someone who should have been drafted at least a couple spots earlier)

If I had to bet I still think it's greater than a 50% chance he goes in the 2nd round. Appreciating you weren't trying to compare them stylistically but in my viewings of Jarvis he was a much better skater, much better defensively and had a much better motor than Firkus. I think his bust factor was lower and teams could still see a world where he played a middle or bottom 6 role on a winning team even if his scoring didn't fully translate. Firkus on the other hand has an elite shot but tends to float more than Jarvis ever did and I wouldn't say is particularly effective defensively. I like Firkus but I think he is truly a boom or bust prospect which usually scares teams off in the first round (rightly or wrongly).

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Firkus on the other hand has an elite shot but tends to float more than Jarvis ever did and I wouldn't say is particularly effective defensively.
Agreed, however it was funny to see him on the PK for Team White, as if he was one of the better PK guys from that group of players. I can't recall seeing him play much short-handed in MJ.

Reactions: JMac13

JMac13

Jan 10, 2011
Agreed, however it was funny to see him on the PK for Team White, as if he was one of the better PK guys from that group of players. I can't recall seeing him play much short-handed in MJ.
I'll admit I haven't watched the top prospects game yet (literally just about to!) but that kind of shocks me he was used on the PK. You're right, any Moose Jaw Warriors fans can correct us maybe but the handful of MJ games I've watched I never saw him play PK either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad