F Jagger Firkus - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2022, 35th, SEA)

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
I'm not a Kraken fan, but I've seen about 30 of his games this year - he's so much fun and so dangerous. Seattle should be able to generate offensively through him without the puck having to come off Dunn's stick. His shot, shot selection and willingness to get to places to use it effectively... it's enviable with someone who went at 35OA.

I think he still needs to gain a lot more strength and put some pounds on him to be not easily pushed off the puck because the NHL is a lot tougher. But his skill and shot are world class. I think the Kraken can be patient with him and let him get stronger in the minors.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think he still needs to gain a lot more strength and put some pounds on him to be not easily pushed off the puck because the NHL is a lot tougher. But his skill and shot are world class. I think the Kraken can be patient with him and let him get stronger in the minors.

Yeah, definitely he needs to gain full grown man muscles. They can take time to let him get there. His abilities though, it'll be worth the wait.

Reactions: Bubbles

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Small fanbase .. :)

I am pretty excited about him but still trying to temper my expectations. Kids his size can struggle in the pros. How he performs in Coachella next season should be a good barometer.

Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see how he(and his body) handles the jump from juniors to the pro level and what he does in CV next season.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
19 years old

300+ career points for the Moose Jaw, broke a franchise record of points scored in career, single season goal record too,
- almost 50 career play-offs points so far, in just 28 games

he just gotta score many many goals and points in the NHL, he is just too big time player, producer of goals and points

oldwpgjet

Apr 11, 2021
Asking this on the Firkus is probably a little tilted, but for Moose Jaw fans, who is the better prospect, Firkus or Yager ?

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
19 years old

300+ career points for the Moose Jaw, broke a franchise record of points scored in career, single season goal record too,
- almost 50 career play-offs points so far, in just 28 games

he just gotta score many many goals and points in the NHL, he is just too big time player, producer of goals and points
Most, if not all, of the Kraken fans are pretty excited about seeing him in the AHL next season. However, the concern with him is around his size and how translatable his skills are in the Pros.

Definitely a very exciting player.

Reactions: kihei

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
:)

I see what you did there. But Rolling Stones aside, right now what we want is pretty much what we need. Ha ha.
I actually botched it. It should have been he won’t always give the fan base what they want. I forgot the always. In any event. I am really rooting for this kid. Years of bad Stones puns alone make him one of my favorites.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
reg+po combined (so far) 70 goals and almost 150 points (145)
not bad

reg+po

17 year old season (his draft year) : 42+50=92
18 year old season (his d+1 year) : 50+59=109
19 year old season (his d+2 year) : 70+75=145
---------------------------------------------------
162 goals, 184 assists, 346 points
767 shots on goal, 40 pp g 28 gw g, almost 10 sh g

It would indeed be a shame if his game wouldn't translate to the NHL
i think it will and he'll have a great NHL career but, one can never be absolutely sure

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Some players just don't have NHL bodies...Firkus is very light and that reminds me of Tyler Madden who, although a pretty prolific college player, just isn't strong enough to crack the NHL or even be more than an average AHLer. Maybe Firkus has other gifts that will allow him to compensate for his lack of size...next year in the AHL will be an important step for him.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad