F Cayden Lindstrom - Medicine Hat Tigers, WHL (2024 Draft)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Have not seen enough of him play to have a strong opinion, but the divisiveness of opinion him and his size feels reminiscent of Rasmussen in his draft year.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I disagree. I think he has highly translatable offense and will be taken very early. Top 10-15, at least.
He’s big, strong, skates well, and has some puck skills, but playmaking isn’t strong and he can’t really drive a line. Not sure his shot is exactly anything special either.

I don’t see more than 35 point potential. He has a role in the NHL, but if you are drafting him top 10-15, I’d be disappointed. You’d want a player with top six upside.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He’s big, strong, skates well, and has some puck skills, but playmaking isn’t strong and he can’t really drive a line. Not sure his shot is exactly anything special either.

I don’t see more than 35 point potential. He has a role in the NHL, but if you are drafting him top 10-15, I’d be disappointed. You’d want a player with top six upside.
Everyone wants a big angry bull who can take the inside, protect the puck, drive to the net and finish.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
As a counterpoint, he is definitely NOT a play driver. In fact his linemate Basha (still underrated by many media type scouts) is the main play driver.

But like others have said, he has all other qualities that make teams salivate. Great size, good speed. Excellent on faceoffs. I do believe he's in the bottom 15 though.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Have not seen enough of him play to have a strong opinion, but the divisiveness of opinion him and his size feels reminiscent of Rasmussen in his draft year.
Rasmussen was far weaker offensively speaking though. There were legitimate concerns about his offensive potential.

Reactions: cheechoo

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Rasmussen was far weaker offensively speaking though. There were legitimate concerns about his offensive potential.
I have seen plenty of people question Lindstrom’s IQ and offensive ability in the last few pages of this thread.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Players such as him will always get a bit overdrafted due to the unicornness of big guys that can skate.
just like the aforementioned Conor Geekie and Cole Sillinger. Although Sillinger couldn’t skate for shit.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
We saw Sillinger go 12th, Geekie 11th and Danielson 9th in the last three drafts. I think it’s reasonable to think it’s possible we see Lindstrom go in that range.
all 3 of those have really high hockey IQs though Lindstrom has none. I think anyone who drafts him in the 1st is going to regret it let alone near 10, his upside is kinda of a Max Jones. I'd take his teammate Basha over him very easily, Basha has a high IQ.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
all 3 of those have really high hockey IQs though Lindstrom has none. I think anyone who drafts him in the 1st is going to regret it let alone near 10, his upside is kinda of a Max Jones. I'd take his teammate Basha over him very easily, Basha has a high IQ.
EliteProspects ranked him 4th!!!

Reactions: cheesymc

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
First time seeing him tonight, skating ability & his quick hands stood out. And willingness to throw the body. Left me wanting more offensively though.

I thought he was alright off the puck making himself an option, but when he had it he didn't create much if anything.

Reading other peoples posts here - concerns about IQ & upside - it makes sense. He does still have attributes you'd love in a middle 6 C/W.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad