Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
53 games
15 goals
20 assists
35 points

Solid and contributing in the playoffs!

Completely accurate aside from the games played.

20 goals, 25 assists, 70 points.

-----

Ya, line combos. I mean you'd pencil him in on line 3 at the moment yes, with probably little to no PP time. With a full line up anyways, and first one up to plug a top 2 line hole?

All things considered above.. 15-20 goals, sure, 20-25 assists-ish? 35-45 points? That feels high for a rookie third liner, he looked good in playoffs but was getting top line allocations. A lot of variables.

Right in the margins for you as well.

A lot will depend on deployment. While I think he's a virtual lock to be on the roster there's a lot of competition for those top six left wing slots. Not to mention powerplay configuration and minutes. Leafs this season have enough offensive punch to run two capable PP units, so we'll see if Keefe adjusts and uses both an equal amount or if he still over-relies on the first PP unit. If he keeps to old habits then Knies better hope he's on the first unit otherwise the opportunity for powerplay points will be low.

17 Goals and 24 Assists for 41 points.

I was off by a couple of goals and a few assists. Still though I think he had a fine season overall for his rookie year playing so many games for the first time.

Reactions: Cypruss and Jojalu

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba

I was off by a couple of goals and a few assists. Still though I think he had a fine season overall for his rookie year playing so many games for the first time.
Happy I was wrong on the GP part.

Now make my prediction even stronger by being a beast in the playoffs!

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
40 points, 15g, 25A. He's going to have a up and down season I think, bouncing between the 2nd line and the 3rd line. The regular season is a long grind, there's going some hiccups through out it.

I just hope he stays healthy majority of the year.
Was off by 5 assists on my prediction in the summer. Not bad.

Took way too many hooking and tripping pens this year though.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto

Ya, he hit my low end there. Third line minutes, not much pp really, really not a bad rookie season. Will improve I think. 25-ish goals and 60, maybe 70 points might be his high point, which gets you a good long career in the NHL playing 2nd/3rd lines. Good player, still learning. Should be affordable right to UFA, we need guys like him.

See if he’s as much of a playoff gamer as he was last year in next couple of weeks or if that was a juiced up, just came from playing for national D1 title, Hobey Baker contention, adrenaline fuelled, too young to know it’s not suppose to happen this way apparition.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
I was hoping for more when he was given first line duties… then he got played like a Swiss Army knife.

Still had a very solid rookie year… I suspect he’s gonna play heavy in the playoffs… the kid is not afraid to play rough hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad