Expectations for Gaudreau

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
You really misunderstood my point. I was comparing Mullen & Conroy in terms of "aggressiveness". Hence why I referenced 25 years from now.
I really don't know how anyone could call Mullen aggressive.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I agree with Flamesfan, as my memories of Mullen weren't that of any kind of aggression. Fleury was much more aggressive than him.

Mullen was tough enough to take a licking - but calling him "aggressive" might be a bit of a disservice. I'd call him "tenacious".

And the comparisons of Gaudreau to Mullen are pretty damn good if you ask me.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
For what its worth i got a sneak peak at the hockey news upcoming yearbook and they have Johnny scoring 40 points this year.

The Rainman

May 7, 2007
Vancouver
Imagine if we go first overall next year and pick McDavid.

A Gaudreau-McDavid-Bennett line would be bonkers.

Baertschi-Monahan-Poirier on the second. Yikes!

You might have to be without Baertschi. He makes Burkie sick because he's so poor in his own end and he's very soft. Just saying and you have just watched the Oil try and do it with the young guys and you know where that got them!

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
You might have to be without Baertschi. He makes Burkie sick because he's so poor in his own end and he's very soft. Just saying and you have just watched the Oil try and do it with the young guys and you know where that got them!

74200-Not-Sure-Fry-meme-gif-Flanders-5NyZ.gif

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

1) When did Burke say Sven makes him sick?

2) Please elaborate as to why you think he's so "poor" in his own end and what exactly makes him soft.

Your entire post reminds me of the game telephone and one that has been going on for 9 months.

danmcd15

Jul 11, 2014
I'm not one to really predict our line up over the next several years because it's virtually pointless. A large chunk of these prospects in our system we are raving about will end up elsewhere/nowhere. But one line up prayer I would like to throw out there is having a Gaudreau-Eichel tandem. That alone would push our team to an elite level. I could see this being a future team USA scoring pair as well.:cry:

danmcd15

Jul 11, 2014
Imagine a powerplay with Eichel on the low left side, Gaudreau low right side, Monahan in front of the net, Bennett and Gio(?) on the point. Currently salivating.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Personally......I think it's safe to say with Burliving adding so much size that they are gearing up to have him play all year in the NHL. And with that we have the guys to prevent other teams from running him.

So, if healthy I say 65 points.

Went back a few pages to find it. But I might be right :)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Haha rereading the thread I got the same feeling as when I originally had read it; stayed away from it until it actually became a conversation rather than a goof off haha.

I was definitely right saying he'd be on the roster on opening night and that we had nothing similar to his upside. Really wish I would have made a prediction on point totals lol.

And yeah, 70 points would be ridiculously sweet... I think he's going to hit 60; for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad