Not open for further replies.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Florida's protection list:

Barkov, Trocheck, Huberdeau, Bjugstad
Yandle, Ekblad, Petrovic, Pysyk
Luongo

Smith, Reimer, Marchessault and Demers all exposed. I could see Vegas taking Reimer and then flipping him to a team like Winnipeg.

Don't you think they get more value from picking a Smith or Marchessault, whether for themselves or in a trade? How much are they getting for a backup goalie if they flip him, especially given the quality of goaltending they will have to pick from and the limited number of teams that would be interested.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Don't you think they get more value from picking a Smith or Marchessault, whether for themselves or in a trade? How much are they getting for a backup goalie if they flip him, especially given the quality of goaltending they will have to pick from and the limited number of teams that would be interested.

I think they could probably pull off a late 1st for Reimer. I'm not sure about Smith and I think people would be hesitant to trade anything of value for Marchessault.

Edit: Luongo is being left exposed by Florida. Not Reimer, so it's a moot point.

Scandella and Dumba unprotected for the Wild.

Trade for Dumba JR pls

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
I think they could probably pull off a late 1st for Reimer. I'm not sure about Smith and I think people would be hesitant to trade anything of value for Marchessault.

Trade for Dumba JR pls

I would absolutely LOVE Dumba here, RH shot with good offensive skills. Letang, Schultz, Dumba on the right and Dumo, Maatta, Cole on the left looks really good to me. Plus a Dumo-Dumba pair sounds fun to me.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
We protected Hornqvist over Rust. I am... not sure if that's what I would have done.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
I don't think our list matters. JR knows who is being taken otherwise he would have traded someone.

The Gobfather*

May 2, 2014
Everybody wants Neal for his shot and goal scoring ability.

Nobody wants Neal for his selfishness, laziness, or stupidity on the ice.

I know that's why Nashville will probably dump him soon I just was makning fun if his statements if how he went to Nashville where they wanted him and such

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
I would have exposed Hornqvist over Rust but ultimately i think it's irrelevant because McPhee is definitely going to take Fleury

LV would get more if they traded Hornqvist though.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
And honestly, even if Vegas for some reason takes Rust over Fleury (which doesn't make much sense to me), is Rust really someone that we can't replace internally? I'd really like to keep him and I don't want to lose him, but I think we could replace him semi-easily with Sprong or Wilson.

For anyone who doubted it, Sheary is exempt too. He's not on the list of available players.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
****ing TSN.. Saying they would cover this thing at 1030 and now it's delayed till 11am.

At that point I'll have read all the lists anyways.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
That list points to MAF being a done deal.
No way you leave a guy like Rust unprotected.

So our protection list = 4F4D1G

Sid
G
Phil
Horny

Tanger
Dumo
Schultz
Maatta

One off on my prediction:

Sid
G
Phil
Rust

Tanger
Dumo
Schultz
Maatta

Murz

Good news if Rust is taken: We have speed to replace him but not necessarily the clutch finish.
Hags: Same. We have the speed to replace him and likely the production with Archy, etc.
If we lose Cole: Pretty replaceable in FAy.
And then we d have a trading chip in MAF to go to WPG, BUF, ARI, etc.

But all signs point to MAF to Vegas.
So not worried however this shakes out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad