Speculation: Expansion Draft Talk - Important Dates in Post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
I guess. I'm just basing it off of what i say this year, and it was not a 4 million dollar player. More of a 2.5 million dollar player. Easily replaceable. He does nothing with the puck, only asset is his speed and defense. Shot sucks, handle sucks, provides little in the Ozone. Only way he's scoring is off a rush.

But speed and defense are what we need, and his game sure translate to playoff hockey. Remember he was injured this year during the playoffs

BrokenStick

Feb 8, 2004
Ellwood City, PA
Vegas isn't even going to consider taking someone from us other than Fleury.

Anyone who thinks otherwise really isn't thinking it through. Fleury is so much more than a starting goalie for that team. He is extremely marketable.

Having a marketable player like him is invaluable for a team just getting started. Marc-Andre Fleury's face is going to be plastered all over every piece of Vegas Golden Knights promotional material for two years.

So, yeah, they want him, and they want him badly. There is no way whatsoever that they're going to require us to give them anything extra to take Fleury. Heck, I wouldn't be shocked if they were to have given us something to ensure that we didn't trade him elsewhere.

Ok, I don't really think that last bit is plausible, or even possible, really.

For better or worse, there is absolutely no drama whatsoever when it comes to this team in the expansion draft. The pick will be Fleury and the protection list therefore means nothing.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Looks like DALs list was leaked.

Available to LV: Eakin, McKenzie, Oleksiak, or Hamhuis.

Bolded id have some interest in.
Obviously this is tricky cuz teams will still be dealing with McPhee to not pick certain guys that are exposed.

Yeah, Eakin seems like a reasonable options to me. Still just 26, between 15-20 goals and 35-40 points the last 3 years. FO% of 52.3% last year.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
:laugh: League unveils protected lists at 10:30am EST now instead of 10am.

Is NBC handling this? There some kinda golf or horse racing taking place this morning?

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I don't mind that the lists won't be revealed until 10:30, I just hope they provide a consolidated list of all teams.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Vegas isn't even going to consider taking someone from us other than Fleury.

Anyone who thinks otherwise really isn't thinking it through. Fleury is so much more than a starting goalie for that team. He is extremely marketable.

Having a marketable player like him is invaluable for a team just getting started. Marc-Andre Fleury's face is going to be plastered all over every piece of Vegas Golden Knights promotional material for two years.

So, yeah, they want him, and they want him badly. There is no way whatsoever that they're going to require us to give them anything extra to take Fleury. Heck, I wouldn't be shocked if they were to have given us something to ensure that we didn't trade him elsewhere.

Ok, I don't really think that last bit is plausible, or even possible, really.

For better or worse, there is absolutely no drama whatsoever when it comes to this team in the expansion draft. The pick will be Fleury and the protection list therefore means nothing.

We hope so.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Eakin is a player that potentially we can make an offer for and maybe another team of two would be interest as well. Will be interesting to see the other unprotected centres.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Does anyone think, realistically, Fleury isn't Vegas' choice? Best goalie available by a mile, super marketable, veteran guy with 3 Cups, supremely team-oriented and greatly liked by teammates/coaches.

His wife has been shopping for a home and looking at schools for their kid. His teammates all went through heartfelt goodbyes on locker clean out day. We just fired Bales, who was ONLY here for Fleury. :laugh:

Dude's gone, 99.9% likely.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
:laugh: League unveils protected lists at 10:30am EST now instead of 10am.

Is NBC handling this? There some kinda golf or horse racing taking place this morning?

Dog show world championships got delayed due to a "clean up requirement". Rexy the shih tzu living up to his name, took himself out of contention.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Does anyone think, realistically, Fleury isn't Vegas' choice? Best goalie available by a mile, super marketable, veteran guy with 3 Cups, supremely team-oriented and greatly liked by teammates/coaches.

His wife has been shopping for a home and looking at schools for their kid. His teammates all went through heartfelt goodbyes on locker clean out day. We just fired Bales, who was ONLY here for Fleury. :laugh:

Yup, every single thing is not just hinting at it, but actually already progressing forward as if it is already done, which means it is in every way other than officially. It's not a normal thing to see an entire locker room and organization talk about a guy like he is already gone that has 2 years left on his contract. Everyone knows he is gone and they aren't even trying to hide it like there is any doubt or reason to be coy for now.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC

Yup, every single thing is not just hinting at it, but actually already progressing forward as if it is already done, which means it is in every way other than officially. It's not a normal thing to see an entire locker room and organization talk about a guy like he is already gone that has 2 years left on his contract. Everyone knows he is gone and they aren't even trying to hide it like there is any doubt or reason to be coy for now.

That does not necessarily mean a deal hasn't been struck between JR and McPhee, though. We could still lose someone else, as well.

It also does not mean he ends up in Vegas at the end of the day. There is still a chance McPhee sees more value in moving Fleury to Buffalo, Philadelphia or Arizona.

Only time will tell.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
That does not necessarily mean a deal hasn't been struck between JR and McPhee, though. We could still lose someone else, as well.

It also does not mean he ends up in Vegas at the end of the day. There is still a chance McPhee sees more value in moving Fleury to Buffalo, Philadelphia or Arizona.

Only time will tell.

Yeah, but I was only talking about it in terms of our expansion list and it's significance and I think there is essentially none. I also do think Fleury is just going as the pick with no additional pieces and that he will stay in Vegas, but regardless, I was just talking about it in the context or our ED list and who will be left unprotected.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Florida's protection list:

Barkov, Trocheck, Huberdeau, Bjugstad
Yandle, Ekblad, Petrovic, Pysyk
Luongo

Smith, Reimer, Marchessault and Demers all exposed. I could see Vegas taking Reimer and then flipping him to a team like Winnipeg.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Eakin is a player that potentially we can make an offer for and maybe another team of two would be interest as well. Will be interesting to see the other unprotected centres.

He'd be a nice bottom 6 addition for us.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008

Only time will tell.

I mean, all that matters for us is that Fleury is selected in the draft. If Vegas chooses to flip him somewhere else afterward, that's their call.

We're not going to lose two guys, and I highly, highly doubt JR had to bribe McPhee to select Fleury. We'd have heard about it by now, there's tons of chatter about that kinda stuff throughout the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad