AHL
Kerby Rychel
Reid Boucher
Hunter Shinkaruk
Mirco Mueller
Griffin Reinhart
Malcolm Subban
Linus Ullmark

I will be very very surprised if Jenner gets exposed.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Using the TSN draft simulator, here's what my team would look like :

Thomas Vanek - Boone Jenner - TJ Oshie
Jason Zucker - Calle Jarnkrok - Radim Vrbata
Justin Abdelkader - Mikhail Grigorenko - Alex Killorn
Nick Shore - Marcus Kruger - Nail Yakupov
Ex : Marko Dano, Jordan Weal

Dan Hamhuis - Sami Vatanen
Nathan Beaulieu - Fredrik Claesson
Jon Merrill - Ryan Pulock
Ex : Matt Tennyson

Marc-André Fleury
Antti Raanta

AHL
Kerby Rychel
Reid Boucher
Hunter Shinkaruk
Mirco Mueller
Griffin Reinhart
Malcolm Subban
Linus Ullmark

Zero chance that Detroit would expose Abdelkader.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I will be very very surprised if Jenner gets exposed.
:laugh: The guy's an RFA after another season at a mere 2.9M next season.

If THAT happened, I would buy his jersey as soon as it's available. He does so many little things to help a team win. He's a third liner on any team and a top-6er on a marginal playoff club. Having had a 30-goal season not long ago, an expansion club would be salivating to get him. Heck, contending teams with cap-ceiling considerations would juggle things to get him!!

Dream on!

boone_jenner_columbus_012616.jpg

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Hello GK fans, Canucks fan coming in peace

Who would you guys prefer between Boucher and Gaunce?

Also any chance you take Sbisa or Biega?

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
:laugh: Like Pittsburgh has four or five defensemen they want to protect.

I believe Pittsburgh has 5 defenseman that are 2nd pairing or higher coming back so yes. A first pairing of Dumoulin-Letang is a very legit top pairing and the Cole-Schultz played like a 2nd pair unit all year and produced very well. Maatta played more minutes than Cole and Schultz and is 22 and has been in our top 4 since he arrived at 19 years old so the answer to your question is yes!

Pens just need to find a right handed defenseman to go with Maatta next year and they will be sending out a 1st pairing and two 2nd pairings.

Fleury is going to be the pick so they won't lose a defenseman anyways. Fleury is the perfect leader and team player to start the franchise. I have no doubt his numbers will be back to his previous 2 years when he was the full time starter. Fleury plays better when he plays regular and the times he did that this year he played well both when Murray was hurt to start the season and in the playoffs. Rutherford was a genius keeping him or we would not of had that parade yesterday.

Knights have a great start with Fleury in net and the defenseman they will get from other teams. I predict they will have a team that will be able to keep the game score low. They won't have the forwards to put up huge points but that defense and goalies could be better than half the league. They will have three 2nd pairings and reserves that are that ability also. If they get a bunch of good two way forwards they could be hard to play against. If they make the right picks in expansion and sign a few UFA's they might surprise. I know, lots of if's in that paragraph but they do have some good players to pick from so it will be interesting how it turns out.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Who do you all prefer amongst guys Minnesota will expose? It's assumed we will trade one of Dumba/Brodin by the end of the weekend. Assuming Pominville does not waive, it would leave the following:

Protected
F: Koivu*, Parise*, Pominville*, Granlund, Nino, Coyle, Staal/Zucker
D: Suter*, Spurgeon, Dumba/Brodin (whoever isn't traded)

Exposed
F: Staal/Zucker, Haula
D: Scandella, Olofsson

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Who do you all prefer amongst guys Minnesota will expose? It's assumed we will trade one of Dumba/Brodin by the end of the weekend. Assuming Pominville does not waive, it would leave the following:

Protected

Exposed

For sentimental reason, most would probably like to pick up Zucker.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com

Protected

Exposed

We'll need some Top 4 d-men that can eat up minutes. I've always had my sights set on Scandella - my hope is that the Wild don't trade Brodin/Dumba and simply give us a pick to not take whichever one is exposed.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Using the TSN draft simulator, here's what my team would look like :

Thomas Vanek - Boone Jenner - TJ Oshie
Jason Zucker - Calle Jarnkrok - Radim Vrbata
Justin Abdelkader - Mikhail Grigorenko - Alex Killorn
Nick Shore - Marcus Kruger - Nail Yakupov

Dan Hamhuis - Sami Vatanen
Nathan Beaulieu - Fredrik Claesson
Jon Merrill - Ryan Pulock

Marc-André Fleury
Antti Raanta

There zero chance Vatanen is left exposed for nothing in return, they can trade him, protect Manson by having a deal in place for Vegas to select Cogliano & then receive Stoner + draft picks.

It'll hurt to lose Cogliano but they are able to save Manson who's far more valuable in terms of salary + production, get a return for Vatanen & still keep top prospects Montour/Theodore/Larsson.
If Vegas didn't agree to a deal the ducks could buy out Bieska, trade Vatanen & protect Manson, then Vegas would only get to pick scraps like Stoner, Shaw, Wagner, Boll, Garbutt.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
^if i'm the Oilers and are very close to winning a cup, i'm trying to get a few players from Vegas such as Jarnkrok, Strome, Raanta, Lowry, Vatanen or Petrovic. :nod: of course so will every other team....:rant:

Don't see any scenario where Lowry would be exposed.
Management and the coach love him.
He's likely slotted in as the 4th forward protection spot so regardless of a 7-3-1 or a 4-4-1 list he would not be available.

Current 4-4-1 looks like it would leave Perrault, Armia, Dano, Copp & Matthias exposed.

If Enstrom waives then the 7-3-1 scenario leaves
Enstrom, Dano or Copp (only one of them) and Matthias exposed.

Lots of noise with the early Dano signing that he is on his way to Vegas.

We're losing a good player one way or another but it won't be Lowry.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Enstrom waived in Winnipeg. So from us Vegas will likely want to choose between Dano and Enstrom.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Unless the info leaking is completely wrong looks like Preds will protect Jarnkrok over Neal. Does VGK take Neal with only one year left on his deal?

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Well....I guess Marc Methot is going to be a pretty good first captain in Vegas....:help:

I always thought Methot would be a good first captain as well. But I also really like the idea of Bobby Ryan on our first line. If OTT wants to send over a pick/prospect to lay off Methot and we get Ryan, I'd be totally fine with that. Braydon Coburn would also make a great first captain. ;)

Unless the info leaking is completely wrong looks like Preds will protect Jarnkrok over Neal. Does VGK take Neal with only one year left on his deal?

I know I'm in the minority, but I'd pass on Neal - unless McPhee thinks he can flip him for a nice return. If Jarnkrok is protected, I'd just as soon grab Sissons.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

He'll probably be one of, if not the, best goal scorers available in the draft. He's only signed one year, but he can get a good pick at the deadline next year probably.

Assuming there's not a deal to be made I'm thinking Neal will be in Vegas next year.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
He'll probably be one of, if not the, best goal scorers available in the draft. He's only signed one year, but he can get a good pick at the deadline next year probably.

Assuming there's not a deal to be made I'm thinking Neal will be in Vegas next year.

With Adam Vingan reporting that Jarnkrok will be protected, I guess I should start to consider Neal.

Here's the question: would you rather take Sissons/Aberg, or take Neal and flip him for a prospect or a draft pick that you hope could be as good as Sissons/Aberg? If I was McPhee, I would start asking around to see if anyone would give me at least two assets and if the deal is better than choosing Sissons/Aberg, then go ahead and take Neal.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

I think it would be smart. Can flip him at the deadline next season at worst and get a 1st+.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
With Adam Vingan reporting that Jarnkrok will be protected, I guess I should start to consider Neal.

Here's the question: would you rather take Sissons/Aberg, or take Neal and flip him for a prospect or a draft pick that you hope could be as good as Sissons/Aberg? If I was McPhee, I would start asking around to see if anyone would give me at least two assets and if the deal is better than choosing Sissons/Aberg, then go ahead and take Neal.

If Neal heals up and has a good season he can probably get a mid-late 1st. Sissons and Aberg were both mid 2nds and took a while to develop. If I were Vegas I'd take Neal, trade him later and then take younger forwards from other teams.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I think it would be smart. Can flip him at the deadline next season at worst and get a 1st+.

My thought as well. Preds are obviously hoping you don't want Neal but you're drafting a highly regarded player that the team can market until the deadline, then flip at 50% for a first and more, easily. Look at what Boedker got last year.

I'm livid that we protected Jarnkrok over Neal, would be foolish of Vegas to not take our best available asset.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Enstrom waived in Winnipeg. So from us Vegas will likely want to choose between Dano and Enstrom.

Enstrom stepping up to do the Jets a HUGE solid.
Dano is the clear choice (vs Toby's age, salary, contract status etc...)
Toby's agent released a statement that he wants to stay in Wpg.
His girlfriend who was battling cancer this winter is getting ready to move there. I can see a short extension in the works for him if the AAV can be low enough for a 3rd pair Dman.

The Calgary / Arizona trade for Mike Smith also makes things interesting for the Jets. Winnipeg and Calgary were rumored to be in on a lot of the same goalies that Vegas will likely acquire.
Vegas can convert some of these extra players (goalie and LHD) into quality picks and prospects from Wpg.

The way this all plays out will be one of the more interesting case studies in sports management. There's so many choices and variables for Vegas! Exciting times...

I can't wait for the full schedule to be announced.
The first Jets game in Vegas is the excuse I've been waiting for to make the trip. My girlfriend goes often and even bought me a Golden Knights shirt. I've been wearing it out of support and will do so until the season starts... and then you're the enemy ;)

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Neal is a HUGE get.

Solid winger and can be traded at the deadline if needed. Would also slide in nicely beside Shipachev (and Radulov :naughty:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad