Perron-Shipachyov-R. Smith
Marchessault-Gusev-Weal
Haula-Eakins-Tuch
-Kruger-
TvR-Theodore
Stoner-

Fleury

Any ones that I missed?

You're better off with Haula at center...

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
If it truly is Haula coming to Vegas, Minny better be paying out the ass.

That is a severe drop off from Scandella / Dumba.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
They haven't really played together enough for that.

My own thoughts on Haula and Tuch, to help round out your feelings:

Haula: When drafted, he was considered a top 6 boom or bust LW who had 1st round skills, but was underdeveloped and had an ego. The ego has stayed, there's a reason we call him Haula-Famer, but he's become extremely fast and defensively reliable (enough to shadow Nathan MacKinnon and Pat Kane in subsequent series) and has made a short career out of being a shutdown center. That said, he's also filled in our 2nd line center position before, and went near PPG during the stretch. I honestly think that he'll be a middle six tweener for you guys. If he figures out his consistency, he may be a full time 2nd line center, but the hour is getting late for that.

Tuch: Big body, decent speed, though not the best first step. I would call his skating good, not great. He is smart, knows his position, and has the ability to get open. His shot is lethal, as it is both heavy and has a great release. He gets compared to Charlie Coyle a lot as they're on similar trajectories while also having similar skill and size, and I think that's a fair comparison, though I think Tuch has more goal scoring than Coyle in his future. Aside from Teemu Pulkkinen, who is an AHL sensation, Tuch was the best scorer on Iowa Wild last season. Don't listen if people call him a bust. He's going to be an NHL player.

Thanks for the insight. Still seems odd to lay off Dumda for these two. Am I overrating Dumba big time here, or would others prefer to have just scooped him up?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
So looking at all the rumors so far our team might look something like this:

Perron-Shipachyov-R. Smith
Marchessault-Gusev-Weal
-Huala-Tuch
-Eakins-

TvR-Theodore
Stoner-

Fleury

Any ones that I missed?

Apparently Kruger's staying in Chicago.

Weal's agent says they didn't sign him

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Theodore is a good asset, but I wouldn't pencil him into the lineup yet. He is waiver exempt for one more season and may need more AHL development.

Strengths:

Skating, puck moving, offensive zone play

Weaknesses:

D zone coverage, very soft for a defenseman (or any position for that matter).

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Rumor is that Karlsson is the selection from Columbus. If so, here's a primer on him:

He was acquired from Anaheim in the 2014-2015 season for James Wisniewski. While in Anaheim, he was half of a duo of promising Swedish centers along with Rakell.

Last season he was used on the 3rd and 4th lines at center. His faceoff ability was subpar. He brought a lot of speed and was good on the forecheck. He's best at scoring off the rush. He didn't see much PP time, but when given the chance he performed admirably. He really stepped up his game in the first round against Pittsburgh.

In my opinion, he still has untapped potential. If he can round out his defensive game, I think he could be a 15 goal, 40 point 2nd/3rd line center.

His nickname is "Wild Bill" Karlsson due to his long hair.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Thanks for the insight. Still seems odd to lay off Dumda for these two. Am I overrating Dumba big time here, or would others prefer to have just scooped him up?

Tuch is a high end upside prospect. It's hard to find real power forward types who have good hands, and a nice shot. This guy is going to need a little more time, but when the big guys like this put it together they jump fast into the club and minutes.

It is possible he comes into camp this year and wins a job. Would not surprise me in the least, as that was the expectation last year in Minnesota and he wasn't quite ready. George and the hockey staff clearly hold him in very high regard.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Tuch is a high end upside prospect. It's hard to find real power forward types who have good hands, and a nice shot. This guy is going to need a little more time, but when the big guys like this put it together they jump fast into the club and minutes.

It is possible he comes into camp this year and wins a job. Would not surprise me in the least, as that was the expectation last year in Minnesota and he wasn't quite ready. George and the hockey staff clearly hold him in very high regard.

Ah so I'm not over rating Dumba so much as under rating Tuch.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Ah so I'm not over rating Dumba so much as under rating Tuch.

Maybe. I just know that Tuch is very well regarded in his upside. If you had told me last week that this is the deal I would have thought it was a bit lean given Dumba being a young RHD with high pairing ability, so I have to assume his length of contract factored in along with George and company being high on the upside of a young power forward.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Maybe. I just know that Tuch is very well regarded in his upside. If you had told me last week that this is the deal I would have thought it was a bit lean given Dumba being a young RHD with high pairing ability, so I have to assume his length of contract factored in along with George and company being high on the upside of a young power forward.

Gotcha. Your avatar is awesome btw, what's that from? Also your username isn't an it's always sunny reference is it?

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
The avatar is from Frank Frazetta, he did a lot of the old "Conan" type artwork back in the day. And no on the Always Sunny reference lol, although that's a great show.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Now that things are leaking, I'm going to shut this down.

Start new threads for specific topics or discussion as you'd like. We'll have an Expansion Draft GDT up shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad