GDT: Expansion Draft IV: It's Happening

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
6, 13, and 15 is an overpay on pure value, but let's look at it.

6 is one of Glass/Vilardi/Middlestadt/Pettersson

13 and 15 you get two of Necas/Suzuki/Tolvanen/Poehling/Andersson/Brannstrom/Valmaki/Yamamoto/Vesalainen

I understand not accepting it or even seriously considering it, but that's a heck of an offer.
My thoughts exactly.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017

13 and 15 you get two of Necas/Suzuki/Tolvanen/Poehling/Andersson/Brannstrom/Valmaki/Yamamoto/Vesalainen

I understand not accepting it or even seriously considering it, but that's a heck of an offer.
Agreed it's an impressive package... and Vegas can keep that package, make their picks, and build a heck of a team.

Not interested in trading our dollar bill for a half-dollar and two quarters.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Vegas did add 2 1st rounders, 3 2nd rounders, Gusev and Theodore. That's a pretty good start for an expansion team.

Trade #2 for #6, #13 and Gusev....then get Provy, Rubstov and Viribyov in the phones!

:laugh:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

The Devils should honestly jump on that offer for #1. They have too many holes to fix and getting Nico or Nolan won't be enough to pull the team out of the abyss cause they aren't McDavid or Matthews.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The Devils should honestly jump on that offer for #1. They have too many holes to fix and getting Nico or Nolan won't be enough to pull the team out of the abyss cause they aren't McDavid or Matthews.

Very true.

Plus, they would send then all back to Jr....then be a bottom 10 team again next year in a good draft.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
That's closer. I personally wouldn't do it though. Methot is 32, has two years left on his deal, and isn't a player who could put Dallas over the top.

Agree, but Dallas is set up to compete now with Bishop and they say they are hot for Methot

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
Hmm. I don't think Vegas makes that offer, 6,13,15 for 1,to get Nolan Patrick. Starting from scratch, Vilardi or Glass and Necas or Suzuki and Vesailanen would be a much quicker route to respectability.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Vegas shouldnt make that offer and we shouldnt accept it if they do.

13 and 15 will land us prospects similar to what we have in the system already.

Thats not worth moving down from 2 to 6 and reducing our chance at a 1C prospect.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I would only make that deal if Cody Glass was there at #6. I wouldn't be able to assume that he would though so it would be tough to pull the trigger there imo.

I think you could do it with 6 on the clock because Patrick is the pick at 2 either way. I just don't think you could ask them to hold to 13 or anything like that.

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
I'd do 2 for 6,13,15, contingent on two things, Hextall wants to go off the board at our current spot and we can package 13+15 to move up to 5 or 7.

Two of Glass/Vilardi/Middlestadt/Pettersson/Makar/Heiskanen is quite a haul, especially again if Hex, for whatever reason, wants to go off the board at 2 and McPhee is crazy enough to offer that package, to begin with.

If Hex wants Nico/Nolan, no deal.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
> be the Flyers
> spend the last 6-years in cap hell
> running on a treadmill
> too good to be bad; too bad to be good
> learn how to GM
> get out of cap hell
> future is coming
> Konecny, Rubstov, Lindblom up front
> Provorov, Ghost, Sanheim, Myers, Morin in the back
> have 4 promising goalie prospects; hoping one of them hits
> all they're missing is a 1C prospect
> Draft Lottery approaches
> have 2% chance to win a pick
> win a Lottery spot
> move up from 13 to 2
> it's a 2-player draft at the top
> both prospects have legit 1C upside
> their rival wins the other top pick; all the pressure is on them
> just pick who's left
> literally the easiest draft situation you could ask for
> who knows the next time they will ever have another opportunity to draft a potential legit 1C prospect at the top of a draft
> now maybe trade out and pass on that 1C they desperately need
> who needs a prospect with 1C upside... think of all the picks
> with all those picks, they could even hope to maybe draft a guy that maybe hopefully has 1C upside, but is probably closer to that of a 2C
> that's ok; think of the picks, tho

this shouldn't be this stressful, but it is :laugh:

The only way I would support trading out of 2 is if Nolan was medically red flagged by our staff

Last edited:

Fragmuffin

Aug 20, 2013
Zagreb
Apart from a few names, the D they drafted is old and bad, and they are also up to 13 with only a few that can be sent down.

How do they go about traiding those players? The only players that have value are the one Vegas needs in the future.

This team will be left with 7 or 8 old, slow, bottom pair Dman.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
All this worry about trading the 2nd is misplaced. The Flyers (as it seems every other team in the league did) seem to love Bellemare and didn't want to lose him. Somehow we've managed to fluke the 2nd overall pick, lose our worst skater to FA and our second worst to Vegas.

Life is good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad