GDT: Expansion Draft IV: It's Happening

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
They lost Emelin, Beaulieu and Sergachev so far this summer.

Theyll be okay still but nothing more. 1st round exit.

It hurts them for sure but keep in mind that Sergachev wasn't on their roster this past season. They are losing an inconsistent young 2nd pairing D in Beaulieu and a physical 3rd pairing D in Emelin. They can definitely replace Emelin at the very least.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
So how would LV possible get our pick? What could they possibly give us in return?

I don't think that they have a combination of assets that would really satisfy me that they could also realistically offer. Obviously if they stack picks until the value proposition is absurd then you have probably have to accept it, but I'm just too set on taking Patrick.

If we want mid-round picks, then they can be acquired for some of our veterans down the road but there will most likely never be an opportunity to pick in the top-3 again if all goes according to plan.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
So, over/under on trades before 12 noon with the trade freeze being lifted at 8 am?

I will set it at 4 and take the under. Like everything else I think it will be more hype than substance. Vegas probably makes 2 or 3 deals with their glut of defenseman but I doubt other teams make any deals with one another.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Seeing what they have to work with atm, there is nothing that Vegas would realistically offer that would entice me to trade them the #2.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I tried to put tohgether the forward lineup pending trades and free agency.

Neal-Shipachyov-Smith
Perron-Haula-Marchessault
Karlsson-Eakin-Tuch
Carrier-Lindberg-Bellemare
Leipsic, Nosek

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA

Neal-Shipachyov-Smith
Karlsson-Eakin-Tuch
Leipsic, Nosek

Some of these picks would already rate fairly high on the best expansion draft lists. Vegas was spoiled relative to other teams.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation

Neal-Shipachyov-Smith
Karlsson-Eakin-Tuch
Leipsic, Nosek

tenor.gif

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Theres nothing Vegas could offer us for the 2nd pick.

6, 13, and 15 is an overpay on pure value, but let's look at it.

6 is one of Glass/Vilardi/Middlestadt/Pettersson

13 and 15 you get two of Necas/Suzuki/Tolvanen/Poehling/Andersson/Brannstrom/Valmaki/Yamamoto/Vesalainen

I understand not accepting it or even seriously considering it, but that's a heck of an offer.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
At first glance, seems like McPhee did a pretty good job. But maybe I'm just in a good mood because he took Bellemare...

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
At first glance, seems like McPhee did a pretty good job. But maybe I'm just in a good mood because he took Bellemare...

I think he did too. Along with the obscene amount of picks he's collecting, this is a good start for a new franchise, imo. I don't think they'll be embarrassing next year.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
6, 13, and 15 is an overpay on pure value, but let's look at it.

6 is one of Glass/Vilardi/Middlestadt/Pettersson

13 and 15 you get two of Necas/Suzuki/Tolvanen/Poehling/Andersson/Brannstrom/Valmaki/Yamamoto/Vesalainen

I understand not accepting it or even seriously considering it, but that's a heck of an offer.

If it were Vilardi, Tolvaven and Vesalainen I would actually have to think about that... but obviously there's no way to guarantee that those 3 would be there at those slots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad