HF Habs: Expansion Draft 2021 Thread: Price Waives NMC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
We paid a 3rd for Allen and he was an adequate back-up. Why are we risking a guy who was crucial in getting us to our first cup final in almost 30 years to protect that? Allen wasn't even that good when he took over for Carey as the starter. I would rather just let him go and sign a UFA or toss a 2nd for a guy like Georgiev.
Because we're in a flat cap league for the next few years and Seattle will never ever just throw away their entire plans for the franchise going forward by claiming Price.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee and 417

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

He is not going anywhere

the bonus thing is nuts. that does have me thinking that he stays. but why do this for jake f***ing allen? lol

it makes zero sense. i really think he's goners. i think it would be great. that contract is atrocious. never liked it.

get a fresh new start. we got a pretty exciting young core. we either have the money to add to it or we tank to get the final piece or two. or both? lol. I don't know i'm excited

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Mr Fox

Hungry since '93
Aug 21, 2013
The Kraken have already signed Dreiger no?
I don't remember seeing that, but if that was the case, I don't think CP lifting his NMC was foreseen by Seattle. If they are looking seriously at a goalie of that experience I don't see Driedger as being unmoveable.

Very interesting day

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
On one hand, adding an aging $10.5 million goaltender with a no movement clause doesn't seem to make sense. On the other hand, Price just proved he can still play at a high level and he could become the first face of a new franchise. Fleury has worked out so well in Vegas.

This is why F1 calls it the silly season.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Price turns 34 yrs old next month.

5 more yearx at 10.5 million cap hit
final year he still is paid 7.5 million at near 40 years old.
You have to worry about his injuries every year!

Show me any other Nhl goalies making 10.5 million for next 5 years from age 34 to 39 plus.

Crazy? maybe not

Given inflation, Brodeur and Luongo's deals are comparable. Lundqvist and Bobrovsky are also close.

Reactions: xxsciroccoxx

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
the bonus thing is nuts. that does have me thinking that he stays. but why do this for jake f***ing allen? lol

it makes zero sense. i really think he's goners. i think it would be great. that contract is atrocious. never liked it.

get a fresh new start. we got a pretty exciting young core. we either have the money to add to it or we tank to get the final piece or two. or both? lol. I don't know i'm excited
It does seem odd to do this all for Jake Allen….but i’m going to believe this is a calculated risk.

i really don’t think they are interested in selecting Price or Allen to be honest.

Reactions: Andy

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
Wonder if the plan is for Kraken to take Price and then trade him back to MTL but retains salary in exchange for picks. Maybe a 1st and a 3rd.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Landy/Ovie for ~8 million
Hamilton for 8-9 million
Sign Grubauer or Halak
Give Danault his ~5.5
Spend the rest of the cap on depth across the board.

If we could manage to do all those things I think we'd be a considerably stronger team than we were this season.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
It does seem odd to do this all for Jake Allen….but i’m going to believe this is a calculated risk.

i really don’t think they are interested in selecting Price or Allen to be honest.

MB has to know that then then why bother with all this?

Weber could very well be done. With that context, this totally makes sense. We have a chance to make a fresh start. Might as well grab it. It's going to be really hard to replace Weber. MB knows that so instead you just blow up the old core.

Really got the feeling that's where he's heading and I think that's the smart way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad