HF Habs: Expansion Draft 2021 (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Having the discussion is one thing. But curious to see if they will actually do it.

If they do it, then to me, it signifies that Habs are ready to move on with a new core.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Interesting. This would allow Carey to be near home and play out the last years of his contract and retire. It is unlikely that this team is able to duplicate last season's results in a tougher 82 game schedule based in the Atlantic division.

...Bargain Bin hitched his wagon to Price long ago...he doesn't have the sac to not protect him now, especially after a Run like they just had...

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
is Seattle exempt from meeting the cap floor or something?

No. After the expansion draft they have to reach 60% of the upper limit. That’s $48.9 million. Then they have the rest of the offseason to meet the salary cap floor. I don’t see them having any troubles with this, with some of the players that will be left unprotected.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
No. After the expansion draft they have to reach 60% of the upper limit. That’s $48.9 million. Then they have the rest of the offseason to meet the salary cap floor. I don’t see them having any troubles with this, with some of the players that will be left unprotected.

are they hard line on not taking big contracts regardless of the quality of player? it's not a great contract but he just played his best hockey this last spring summer.

Can't imagine they'd not at least consider it. I'm not convinced they'll do it but I've been vocal about doing it for awhile. Imagine both Price and Weber's contract off the books? Would be pretty exciting

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Interesting. This would allow Carey to be near home and play out the last years of his contract and retire. It is unlikely that this team is able to duplicate last season's results in a tougher 82 game schedule based in the Atlantic division.
It's more likely than Carey Price being a member of the Krakken next week

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal

hqdefault.jpg

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal
Having the discussion is one thing. But curious to see if they will actually do it.

If they do it, then to me, it signifies that Habs are ready to move on with a new core.

Yeah, Weber really changed the outlook so it's quite possible they at least discussed moving on from older core players, but I feel you can't really come to price say 12 hours before the deadline and ask him to remove his NMC. That's not a lot of time and it's a bit disrespectful.

We'll see I guess. :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad