HF Habs: Expansion Draft 2021 (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkJ

Jun 30, 2019
I mean, we lose Allen there's a handful of UFAs that can do the job. Why risk loosing Price for Allen?
or does Marc want to lose Price?
SABOTAGE!

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Carey Price waived his NMC?

Well, that opens up a whole new can of worms then. IF Seattle did the unthinkable, we could potentially be looking at replacing our #1D, #1G and also our #1 defensive C in the same off-season...

Yeah, not a recipe for success in my book. But then again 2022 and 2023 are good years to tank, we have solid youngsters ready for more opportunity AND we've just had more success in a single post-season run than Toronto has in the last 20 years, so it's all okay I guess?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It makes perfect sense. Seattle won't take a 34 year old with a 10.5 AAV. It doesn't make sense at all if they want to build a contender in 3-4 seasons. If they believe they can contend right now, it makes sense, but Francis just need to take a look around the league and realize that is not the case.

What if you can get Price, Tarasenko, Domi from the expansion draft.. and then suddenly you have some ammo and cap space to convince Dougie Hamilton to sign, unite Danault back with Price and suddenly you have a team that can win enough games to get people in Seattle thirsty for season tickets and hockey.

I really doubt it but hey, things can change when you see the expansion lists..

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
What if Seattle did take Price with the knowledge that another team would take him in a trade? For those of you thinking that they won't take him, consider teams wanting to add a guy like Price for a greater shot at winning a cup.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What if Seattle did take Price with the knowledge that another team would take him in a trade? For those of you thinking that they won't take him, consider teams wanting to add a guy like Price for a greater shot at winning a cup.

I feel like you could easily get Colorado to bite on Price with Grubauer's salary coming back.

Reactions: OldCraig71

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Well I've been saying for 2 years that we should use Seattle to get rid of his contract. Regardless of how great he was. Bergevin sabotaged a lot of long term contracts (Subban, for one) by giving too much money and / or term.

Giving the situation with the pandemic, the frozen cap, and now Weber mostly done, maybe, I say maybe Bergevin finally realize it. Or he has a deal with Francis so he doesn't take Price.

Next days are gonna be damn interesting for sure.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I think, even if price has agreed to move the NMC
Bergevin will still be like "no hey awesome dude, cool you want to protect Allen.... but uh... I'm still protecting you"

And if price insists... then maybe all those theories we made about all his seattle connections were ...true ? Lol

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I mean, we lose Allen there's a handful of UFAs that can do the job. Why risk loosing Price for Allen?
or does Marc want to lose Price?
SABOTAGE!
I don't think Seattle wants Price's contract. A trade must be in place where the Habs retain some cap but they are just waiting to announce it. Several picks will be coming back the other way, likely many firsts and seconds. If Montreal plays their cards right, they can properly build through the draft.

Reactions: MarkJ

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I feel like you could easily get Colorado to bite on Price with Grubauer's salary coming back.
With Weber's potential career ending injuries, I could easily see Price on the way out. They realize that the team won't be competitive for 2-3 years and by then it will be too late for Price. This has the potential to be a Ray Borque chance at a cup kind of move.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Vegas took Fleury at 7 mill
At a time when everyone thought the cap was going up. Now we know it's going to stay put for at least 3 seasons and likely more.
What if you can get Price, Tarasenko, Domi from the expansion draft.. and then suddenly you have some ammo and cap space to convince Dougie Hamilton to sign, unite Danault back with Price and suddenly you have a team that can win enough games to get people in Seattle thirsty for season tickets and hockey.
Getting Tarasenko with three recent shoulder injuries isn't gonna take you anywhere. Domi? He had one good season in Montreal. The rest of his career has been underwhelming and he definitely isn't 1C material.

And Francis doesn't just want Seattle to make the playoffs and then have to do a long rebuild. He wants to do it slow and correctly.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Man I said last year that with the Allen extension, it's possible they expose Price.

I think MB wants to rebuild and Price doesn't want it or he just wants to be rid of the contract.

Wow this is nuts. Loving it.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Daaaaaaaaamn.
They gonna take him or what???
If they do we are doing a reset I guess
We’d have tons of cap space but two old legend vets gone.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

tenor.gif

Attachments

• upload_2021-7-17_20-32-40.jpeg
    upload_2021-7-17_20-32-40.jpeg
    7.5 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events