HF Habs: Expansion Draft 2021 (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
With Weber's potential career ending injuries, I could easily see Price on the way out. They realize that the team won't be competitive for 2-3 years and by then it will be too late for Price. This has the potential to be a Ray Borque chance at a cup kind of move.
Been saying this since elimination, the core is finished. At best Bergevin would try and bolster the lineup for one last attempt, but it's looking more and more like the team will look very different come next season.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Been saying this since elimination, the core is finished. At best Bergevin would try and bolster the lineup for one last attempt, but it's looking more and more like the team will look very different come next season.
I read some of the shit you took for your posts but you might end up being the one that is right.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
What if you can get Price, Tarasenko, Domi from the expansion draft.. and then suddenly you have some ammo and cap space to convince Dougie Hamilton to sign, unite Danault back with Price and suddenly you have a team that can win enough games to get people in Seattle thirsty for season tickets and hockey.

I really doubt it but hey, things can change when you see the expansion lists..
Well Price and Weber contracts have both been a sore spot for many Habs fans…so maybe that wish comes true

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
If some how , some way Price is gone then the team need to officially tear it down. Build around Suzuki,Caufield Romanov and the other young players. all the vets get traded.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
What if Seattle did take Price with the knowledge that another team would take him in a trade? For those of you thinking that they won't take him, consider teams wanting to add a guy like Price for a greater shot at winning a cup.
The NMC is for the draft. Seattle still has to honour the clause if they take him.

Reactions: HostileCapSpace

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Think bigger. They could take him and have a deal in place to move him to a Colorado or some other destination that feels that they are a Price away from a cup. This could easily happen.
If some other team wanted Price, why not deal with the Habs directly?

either way, not something i’m worried about.

also Price keeps his NMC…

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
This could be big brain right? With Weber out it would be hard for us to make the playoffs especially without Danault and Allen. So he says to Seattle either take price and we tank next year which is supposed to be a good draft or don't and we keep Allen improving our playoff odds.

Either way he is avoiding Severe mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad