Exit interviews thread

Who are the wussies Bob is referring to?

• Total voters

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
If that’s the case Bob is an idiot. Promises accountability, wants players to play while injured, trades the player on the roster most known for doing both while allowing the coach and the rest of the roster to float along merrily. You can’t have that both ways, idiot.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Sure does, but it's a strange comment to make considering we have a history of players being 'old school' and running themselves to the ground and ruining their seasons and potentially careers trying to play through pain.
Except that Bob made a clear distinction between "injured and hurting". Everybody is hurting over 82 games. It comes with the territory of being a pro playing a grinding schedule. Not the same as abusing an injured body ala Kesler.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
If that’s the case Bob is an idiot. Promises accountability, wants players to play while injured, trades the player on the roster most known for doing both while allowing the coach and the rest of the roster to float along merrily. You can’t have that both ways, idiot.

:thumbu:

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
How on earth do Getzlaf and Fowler have any votes? Getzy plays hurt constantly and is always trying to play through things and the only time Cam missed games was with a broken face.

People don’t actually think Murray was calling them out do they?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
This bit about Lindholm doesn't sound promising. Also explains his regression in skating.

I really hope it's a fixable issue.

Between the hip, wrist and shoulder Lindholm has had some pretty bad injuries even though he hasn’t missed a lot of games. Probably explains why not only his skating has regressed but also his puckhandling and passing.

That’s a worry for a 25 year old who hasn’t shown any real signs of progression since his 22 year old season. He’s still really good defensively but the lack of improvements elsewhere are bothering.

Reactions: Duck Off

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
what did he say? nothing i've read from him at the exit interviews hints at retirement anytime soon unless i missed something

I just watched his full exit interview on the Ducks main website, he didn’t hint at all at any sort of imminent retirement, he did indicate he was in his final few years and that a new coach was going to be bought in more to coach the kids than to coach him. There was a bit of talk about cutting his minutes which he was open to so long as it was communicated properly. It’s worth a watch if you have a spare 5 minutes.

I hope whoever comes in as our new coach doesn’t write off Getz as being done though. He’s still our best forward by a decent amount and we have nobody close to his ability down the middle. I hope they cut his minutes but I hope it’s the SH minutes and some of the harder ES minutes that are gone, he’s still an elite passer and sees the game in a way that nobody else on the roster does.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Bob needs to tread lightly with this crap. I get what he’s trying to do, acting like a badass: he’s trying to instill that mentality in everyone in the org.

But he’s made his point like 10 times since Randy was on the hot seat.

At a certain point these professional athletes aren’t going to want to hear it anymore.

I think he needs to give it a rest and let things play out under the new coach before further going down this path

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I just watched his full exit interview on the Ducks main website, he didn’t hint at all at any sort of imminent retirement, he did indicate he was in his final few years and that a new coach was going to be bought in more to coach the kids than to coach him. There was a bit of talk about cutting his minutes which he was open to so long as it was communicated properly. It’s worth a watch if you have a spare 5 minutes.

I hope whoever comes in as our new coach doesn’t write off Getz as being done though. He’s still our best forward by a decent amount and we have nobody close to his ability down the middle. I hope they cut his minutes but I hope it’s the SH minutes and some of the harder ES minutes that are gone, he’s still an elite passer and sees the game in a way that nobody else on the roster does.

I don't think it was a coincidence that Getzlaf looked very injured during our 2-20 losing stretch. He had his moments where he still looked like an elite centre. And for the talk of Silf's offense emerging, Getzlaf still scored at a higher pace than him. He is still a first line center and should be treated as such to insulate the kids imo.

Reactions: Paul4587

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I don't think it was a coincidence that Getzlaf looked very injured during our 2-20 losing stretch. He had his moments where he still looked like an elite centre. And for the talk of Silf's offense emerging, Getzlaf still scored at a higher pace than him. He is still a first line center and should be treated as such to insulate the kids imo.

Yeah it was a weird year for him. He came out flying, putting up a PPG pace the first 30ish games but still missed some time during that span. Then he had the stretch of almost no production and looked really hurt during it (which coincided with our massive slump). Then he came back and looked really good in spurts down the stretch but still missed more time down the stretch.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
What’s silly is Murray reflecting the asinine job he’s done when the team was losing middle to late last year. Ended up Firing the coach late? And we went from almost guaranteed top 3 draft pick to 8th on a winning streak.

Don’t blame the players? Blame yourself for being dumb and stupid. You obviously don’t know how to fire a Coach before the season Shit the bed. You certainly as hell don’t know how to tank like buffalo and Rangers did knowing it’s a losing season.

Like honestly WHAT THE F DO YOU DO MURRAY???? I want to know!!! You’ve been garbage on the entire year. Murray offers literally nothing to this organization other than Patrick Eaves contracts.

Samuellis got swindled to hell with that damn contract extension

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Murray has a better than even chance of ending up in the hall of fame, and a lot of people are going to fall over dead with internet outrage when it happens.

Likely not. He has literally done shit his entire tenure here. Selanne resigned all those years because of Family in Orange County. Brian Burke won the Stanley cup for us getting Nieds and Pronger here.

Murray is a fricken gold fish in a duck pond waiting to be ate.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Likely not. He has literally done **** his entire tenure here. Selanne resigned all those years because of Family in Orange County. Brian Burke won the Stanley cup for us getting Nieds and Pronger here.

I mean, aren't we all just waiting to be ate, really.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Likely not. He has literally done **** his entire tenure here. Selanne resigned all those years because of Family in Orange County. Brian Burke won the Stanley cup for us getting Nieds and Pronger here.

What about those 5 straight division titles and 2 CF appearances?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Means nothing. You think Los Angeles Kings count those appearances with Gretzky? They don’t they count rings nowadays.

Would we have been better off tanking those seasons and acquiring number one picks then?

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Would we have been better off tanking those seasons and acquiring number one picks then?

Why not? We know the team wont recapture 2007. This team has been soft every playoff run since then. Rangers and Buffalo knows how to back off when the timing is right and this organization doesn’t.

Going from top 3 overall to 8 for literally nothing in a losing season. Murray doesn’t understand tanking nor does he understand contracts.

Give Samuellis an 80 million dollar payroll. I’m sure that will pay off Murray. When you’re straight face with ownership and you’re the lowest scoring team in the league.....

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Why not? We know the team wont recapture 2007. This team has been soft every playoff run since then. Rangers and Buffalo knows how to back off when the timing is right and this organization doesn’t.

Going from top 3 overall to 8 for literally nothing in a losing season. Murray doesn’t understand tanking nor does he understand contracts.

Give Samuellis an 80 million dollar payroll. I’m sure that will pay off Murray. When you’re straight face with ownership and you’re the lowest scoring team in the league.....
:biglaugh:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Yes because the Rangers and Sabres have had so much success since they each started their rebuilds.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

Only the Oliers have been worse than Buffalo since we won the Cup. Boy, that strategy is going to start paying off for them any day now...

Reactions: Masch78

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Yes because the Rangers and Sabres have had so much success since they each started their rebuilds.

Which we haven’t. We’re still riding the coat tails of old ass Getzlaf. Giving horrible contracts out to Eaves and Kessler. Sticking bandaids on and hopefully making a playoff spot.

Guess what? It doesn’t work. Rangers and Buffalo are bringing in a lot of NHL talent this year and next year all young and formidable NHL ready talent. Along with there firsts this year as well.

Ducks haven’t done that. They hope for a 6th to 8th seed lose in the first round and miss out on top 5-10 pick.

While Buffalo and Rangers get better in there rebuilding phase, which Anaheim should have been doing all along.

But hey Division and Conference titles mean something right? You’re still not a Stanley cup champion at the end of the day. Those banners are basically a participation trophy.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Which we haven’t. We’re still riding the coat tails of old ass Getzlaf. Giving horrible contracts out to Eaves and Kessler. Sticking bandaids on and hopefully making a playoff spot.

Guess what? It doesn’t work. Rangers and Buffalo are bringing in a lot of NHL talent this year and next year all young and formidable NHL ready talent. Along with there firsts this year as well.

Ducks haven’t done that. They hope for a 6th to 8th seed lose in the first round and miss out on top 5-10 pick.

While Buffalo and Rangers get better in there rebuilding phase, which Anaheim should have been doing all along.

But hey Division and Conference titles mean something right? You’re still not a Stanley cup champion at the end of the day. Those banners are basically a participation trophy.
Except they literally are not getting better. They might in the future, but right now this is an impossible thing to say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad