Exhibition: Aug 25 GDT - USA vs. Canada (1-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
paulmcgraff1213 said:
....this game proves that canada is the best hockey nation and the team to beat in the world cup...

I hope that was sarcastic.......

Vic Rattlehead*

paulmcgraff1213 said:
....this game proves that canada is the best hockey nation and the team to beat in the world cup...
You should not have said that :shakehead

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Chaos said:
Amazing..before the game(or after canada loses), many of the canadians here are saying "Oh its just an exhibition", yet when canada scores, its followed by a large number of !!!!!!!!!!, like they are really fired up about it. And just remember your scoring on Ty Conklin, who is probably the worst of the 6 goalies on either team.

And when USA scores a bunch of Americans write !!!!!!!!. Who cares. It's exhibition - yeah it's an absolutely meaningless game and maybe it's too bad a lot of people from both countries don't realize it, but people still want their teams to win.

Reilly311

paulmcgraff1213 said:

only when Conklin is in net :teach:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
fisher said:
I think what cds was getting at is if Team USA scores, they'll be plenty of !!!!!!'s to go around.

Which isn't a contradiction of his (Chaos's) stance. He didn't say being excited or happy was wrong. He pointed out that many, many Canadian fans dismissed the last game because "exhibition doesn't matter" (read: because they lost) yet would likely not dismiss this game because they're winning.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Rob Paxon said:
Which isn't a contradiction of his (Chaos's) stance. He didn't say being excited or happy was wrong. He pointed out that many, many Canadian fans dismissed the last game because "exhibition doesn't matter" (read: because they lost) yet would likely not dismiss this game because they're winning.

Thank you for saving me the time of typing that out myself :handclap: :handclap:

Histrion

Feb 13, 2003
Rob Paxon said:
Stop making us Americans look bad.

Oh well, we are aware that he isn't speaking for America. Don't worry.

Even though it would be nice if he stopped looking foolish.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
Rob Paxon said:
Stop making us Americans look bad.

Dont worry. I dont think (at least I hope) nobody takes him seriously here. You yanks are alright. Actually, for the next hour or so, youre the enemy. But after that, youre alright.

At least till tuesday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad