Ex-Canucks Discussions - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LolClarkson*

BUF Sulzer, Alexander D 30 Buffalo [NHL] $725,000 1W
UFA Signed with Kolner Haie DEL

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I can't wait to see AV get his ass kicked in the Finals. Lundqvist will need to stand on his head every game.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Personally, I'm happy for Vigneault and I'm rooting for him. However, that gets harder and harder to do every time they cut to Mark freaking Messier standing in the audience at MSG. Screw that guy.

YouppiKiYay

Jul 3, 2011
Bellingham, WA
Personally, I'm happy for Vigneault and I'm rooting for him. However, that gets harder and harder to do every time they cut to Mark freaking Messier standing in the audience at MSG. Screw that guy.

Well, buckle up for two weeks worth of 94 replays! That is the definite downside of the Rangers in the finals.

EDIT: And as bad as seeing the seventh game again will be, I'll dread seeing game six again just as much. The feeling that they coulda had it is still palpable.

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
Well, buckle up for two weeks worth of 94 replays! That is the definite downside of the Rangers in the finals.

EDIT: And as bad as seeing the seventh game again will be, I'll dread seeing game six again just as much. The feeling that they coulda had it is still palpable.
I guess this means we need the Rangers to win it. Then they can start showing 2014 stuff all the time.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Good to see former Canuck Jason Jaffray in the AHL final. I thought he might be able to carve out a career as a 4th liner for some team - Winnipeg would have been neat to see - but he was always a good soldier for us when our farm team was in Manitoba and a huge part of their run to the Calder Cup final in 2009. Hope he gets to win it this time. :handclap:

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
I'm sure I'm not the first Canuck fan to mention this, but AV taking his foot off the gas.... letting teams back in it, game after game. Blowing games 1 and 2 goals up, because his team sits on leads, hoping to run out the clock.

It's something that seems very familiar to me as a Vancouver supporter. Especially in his last 2 seasons here.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I'm sure I'm not the first Canuck fan to mention this, but AV taking his foot off the gas.... letting teams back in it, game after game. Blowing games 1 and 2 goals up, because his team sits on leads, hoping to run out the clock.

It's something that seems very familiar to me as a Vancouver supporter. Especially in his last 2 seasons here.

yup. also, team can't score in the SCF. where have i seen that before?

in other former canuck news, last night the wife alerted me to this-- http://theglobeandmail.com/arts/music/the-re-education-of-sarah-mclachlan/article18463128/

geoff courtnall is dating sarah mclachlan. with torts now gone, i guess someone on the home team has to think of the puppies.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver

Honestly, what choice did he have? The Kings were far and away the better team on paper and in the playoffs. Henrik was the only reason they won a game and the only reason they were able to hang on as long as they did in game 5. Lean on your star goalie and hope for a counter attack, it was the only strategy they could use.

I doubt AV was even half as disappointed with this loss compared to the Canucks loss. Rangers never had a chance.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I think I would have cheered on AV had he been coaching any team other than the Rangers (or the Bruins, for that matter). Though I do feel for him, but yeah I don't think this one was nearly as disappointing as 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad