Former Bruins EX Bruins Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

I’m just going to get ahead of it.

should hav never trade heinden

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
You know, I wanted Backes to retire for his own sake and health but if he wants to keep playing, hey, maybe he does something for the Ducks. I'd be happy for him

Who knows. Still reeling that Heinen's not with the Bruins. Hopefully Backes can help him get through the emotion of the moment.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Heinen & Backes will end up lineys for the Ducks and go on a tear lol.

btw I loved Sweeney's comments about Heinen. Sung his praises as a person and a player & basically said he hopes he's tremendously successful in Anaheim even if it means he made a bad trade. That's the right attitude IMO. I hope people here can take the hint. If Heinen goes on to have success it's not the end of the world and it sounds like the guy deserves it.

All we should care about is if the Bruins continue to have success with the guys they added.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

btw I loved Sweeney's comments about Heinen. Sung his praises as a person and a player & basically said he hopes he's tremendously successful in Anaheim even if it means he made a bad trade. That's the right attitude IMO. I hope people here can take the hint. If Heinen goes on to have success it's not the end of the world and it sounds like the guy deserves it.

All we should care about is if the Bruins continue to have success with the guys they added.

That's how I want a GM to act and believe.

My view on Heinen is that he's a good kid, good player, hard worker and tries to be coachable - however, it felt like he had kind of taken the wrong things to heart and lost his mojo. It feels like the coaching staff probably told him to cut out some of the high risk/little reward plays or they talked to him about 'attention to detail' and he took it too far and just started making all the safe plays. Just kinda lost his spark.
Lots of pressure on a Stanley Cup Or Bust team, especially one that plays like the Bruins, and it's easy to see how a kid might just want to fit in and not blow it - and it made his game too vanilla.

Anyone whom has coached has had this kind of kid whom wants to be a good teammate, doesn't quite trust their ability and defers a bit too much because they don't want to be selfish - and you have to kind of get them to be a bit more selfish and press themselves to get their confidence going.

Hopefully he realizes his potential in Anaheim and becomes one that got away - as I think a lot of us would be happy to see that.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

I know some may be just PR, but I hope that the fact that he does feel confident about the player that he gave up, that he feels equally or more confident about the kid he's bringing in.

Like I said, I hope this is one of those trades that both fan bases are happy with afterwards.

Reactions: Lo97 and HustleB

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Danton had a good debut for the Ducks tonight. I saw most of it after the Bruins debacle ended. It was sad for me too seeing him in a Ducks sweater, but he looked good out there including a sweet primary assist to set up an Adam Henrique goal. He saw some PP time and good minutes. However, he did not scrum, make an angry face or throw a vicious body check so . . .

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Danton had a good debut for the Ducks tonight. I saw most of it after the Bruins debacle ended. It was sad for me too seeing him in a Ducks sweater, but he looked good out there including a sweet primary assist to set up an Adam Henrique goal. He saw some PP time and good minutes. However, he did not scrum, make an angry face or throw a vicious body check so . . .

That was a bad trade for Bruins.Heinen is way quicker getting after pucks.To the give it a few games crowd.Take all you need.

Reactions: veganbruin

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
That was a bad trade for Bruins.Heinen is way quicker getting after pucks.To the give it a few games crowd.Take all you need.

I think in the long run you are right, but I am okay with picking up Nick Ritchie. I like him too and he is more what I think the Bruins need right now. I expect Danton to flourish on a rebuilding team where he can get consistent quality minutes with consistent linemates and develop some confidence without fearing the benching. I will be pulling for him all the way except when they play the Bruins.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I think in the long run you are right, but I am okay with picking up Nick Ritchie. I like him too and he is more what I think the Bruins need right now. I expect Danton to flourish on a rebuilding team where he can get consistent quality minutes with consistent linemates and develop some confidence without fearing the benching. I will be pulling for him all the way except when they play the Bruins.

Yea fair enough.I find Ritchie lackadaisical however.Living on West Coast I see alot Ducks games and he just does not seem engaged enough.Its there but how the hell do you get it out of him.Call up his brother ?:sarcasm: :laugh:

Reactions: BMC and Dr Hook

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

It was just one game

Btw going through the NR thread on the Ducks page

Looks like Donny had some interest in Ritchie for the past year or two

And a Ducks fan guessed than it would be a trade for Heinen

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Damn 18 minutes last night for Heinen with a nice feed to Henrique to give the Ducks a 3-2 lead. Ducks ended up winning in OT 4-3

Reactions: BMC

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

How did Backes play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad