Player Discussion Evgeny Kuznetsov

Will Evgeny Kuznetsov be a member of the Capitals next season?

• Total voters

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am still thrilled we have a player smart enough to make passes off the back boards on the rush. When coach gives you fast wingers, a good C finds ways to use that speed.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I am still thrilled we have a player smart enough to make passes off the back boards on the rush. When coach gives you fast wingers, a good C finds ways to use that speed.

He might already be the most creative forward on the roster. I've seen at least 3-4 instances in the playoffs alone of him thinking outside the box. Kid is good.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
There's nothing wrong with comparing them stylistically, which is what is happening, I think. For a while I styled my beer league game after Ovie, that doesn't mean I have 1/1,000,000 of his talent.

Something tells me no observer watching you play would say 'that guy's style kind of reminds me of Ovechkin...'

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Something tells me no observer watching you play would say 'that guy's style kind of reminds me of Ovechkin...'
They would just call him a dirty one trick pony who's bad at defense.

Kuzma was sporting Rangers gear
Don't call him Kuzma please, it's an entirely different name with different ethymology. He's Kuzya or Zhenya.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I know we all loved him shooting off the faceoff with MJ at the ready to get the rebound. It seems almost every game, I see something creative from him and they lead to scoring chances.

And Nick tried his behind the net pass, to no one. I hope more players are taking note of his creativity, and try some new things themselves. Ok forget that, just emulate him.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
I know, Ovi called him like that once in an interview and I found it funny. Apparently, they call Orpik "Batya".

Yeah, that's a pretty respectful/deferential nickname in Russian, it would seem. :)

I think the single most influential source of the term "batya" in Russian culture, in the context of this article, comes from the army.
In the Russian army, "batya" is what soldiers call a commander they adore and/or greatly respect, who acts not just as a superior, but a "father" to his soldiers. It conveys the highest form of appreciation that transcends formal rank.

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2015/05/05/evgeny-kuznetsovs-nickname-for-brooks-orpik-batya/#more-86127

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Had a vision Kuz scores a Forsberg-style goal (which Tarasenko actually did recently) against Lundqvist. In overtime. In game 5.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Had a vision Kuz scores a Forsberg-style goal (which Tarasenko actually did recently) against Lundqvist. In overtime. In game 5.

If there's one guy on this team who could pull this move off, it's him. Ovi doesn't have the reach and Backstrom doesn't have the guts to pull off a Forsberg.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Sponsor
Feb 7, 2013
He's on the "Capitals Prospects" ticker up top. I wonder if he'll work out.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
would love to see him do the row boat celebration after a goal in the playoffs

Me too. Even if Don Cherry blows a fuse, which would make it that much better.

I am thinking a self pass leading to a goal will be his next trick

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
HF would explode calling Kuzy arrogant.

Disrespecting the King

I feel like since Cherry *****ed about Ovi, we don't see his great celebrations anymore

Robptic Ovi was born. And hockey has not been as fun. He disrespected our King.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Man alot of Canadians (media) REALLY hate Russian players.

It goes back to the summit series. Old school North American hockey treats that as if it was yesterday. It was 43 years ago folks, let it go...

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Disrespecting the King

I feel like since Cherry *****ed about Ovi, we don't see his great celebrations anymore

Robptic Ovi was born. And hockey has not been as fun. He disrespected our King.

It's not Don Cherry. Ovi said he didn't care about Don. It's the imbeciles of NBC, namely Mike Milbury, Glenn Healy, PJ Stock and others. They called Ovi "selfish", "lazy", "heartless", "coach killer", "KHL bound"...

So, Ovi had to prove once again he was great. In utter disgust, they had to watch him win the Hart and 3 consecutive Rocket Richard trophies in the 3 following years. Nothing gives me more pleasure than the horror look on Milbury's face when Ovi scores 50 goals, including brilliant efforts like the one in game 2. I want to see the reaction of the pundits of NBC and the Canadian media when Ovi finally wins the Cup. It will be priceless.

You know how I know Ovechkin had a good game ? Milbury can't find anything to bash him.
I like that Jeremy Roenick defends Ovi.

They're just jealous. Team Canada got rekt by Team Russia at the WJC in 2011. I'm Canadian, and I have no problem giving credit where it's due.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad