Prospect Info: Everything Swedish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Raymond has a lot of developing to do in his own zone and in the neutral zone. I don't know if it is because of Frolunda's system or not, but he is way too often low in his own zone defending.

He has a ton of center like tendencies on the wing. It’s not necessarily a bad thing to be active in the defensive zone as long as it’s what’s expected. I’d rather a young player get lost trying to do too much in his own end than to play like Athanasiou who was practically standing with his heels on the blue line at times.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Johansson just played a 3+ minute shift stuck in his own zone. He looks a lot more mature physically compared to last season and more aggressive as well. Such a calm d-man who clearly has more to offer on offense but playing quite safe which is probably good if you want to play a lot.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Johansson just played a 3+ minute shift stuck in his own zone. He looks a lot more mature physically compared to last season and more aggressive as well. Such a calm d-man who clearly has more to offer on offense but playing quite safe which is probably good if you want to play a lot.
Johansson looks good, earning a lot of praise from the swedish commentators both in this game and the last. Unsure what his ceiling is but he looks like a mobile two-way D-man.

ShippinItDaily

Apr 28, 2004
Saskatoon
Really liked Johansson in his game.

Really liked Raymond in the offensive zone and on the PP but not so much in the other zones. I think he could hack it in the NHL right now on a line with play-drivers like Mantha and Larkin. He looks like he'll need to develop some more physically to be able to be effective without players like that though. He just doesn't have the speed and that was evident in the second period on one loose puck race where Johansson challenged him nicely and Raymond wasn't able to slide it across to his teammate.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I'm not head-over-heels impressed with Raymond so far but I do think there's a lot to like there. He's not cheating, he's putting in the work in all 3 zones in my view and seems to be a well-rounded winger already.
He looks stronger than I expected and overall just doesn't look as far away from being NHL ready as I thought he would. As of right now I can't say I've seen a whole lot of "elite" in him, but there's definitely skill there and I think it might be a case of confidence too. He's playing pretty safe currently and I would like him to carry the puck more since he looks damn good doing it.

Berggren is looking like a star in the SHL this season, very noticeable almost every time he steps on the ice. Smooth hands, good vision, plays fast.

Reactions: lilidk

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I'm not head-over-heels impressed with Raymond so far but I do think there's a lot to like there. He's not cheating, he's putting in the work in all 3 zones in my view and seems to be a well-rounded winger already.
He looks stronger than I expected and overall just doesn't look as far away from being NHL ready as I thought he would. As of right now I can't say I've seen a whole lot of "elite" in him, but there's definitely skill there and I think it might be a case of confidence too. He's playing pretty safe currently and I would like him to carry the puck more since he looks damn good doing it.

Berggren is looking like a star in the SHL this season, very noticeable almost every time he steps on the ice. Smooth hands, good vision, plays fast.

Yeah I usually try to not overreact to WJC performance but Raymonds will be pretty telling I think compared to the role he has now on that team

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
Raymond’s a bust

800px-Tubby_Raymond_bust.jpeg

Bust of Raymond.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Johansson looks good, earning a lot of praise from the swedish commentators both in this game and the last. Unsure what his ceiling is but he looks like a mobile two-way D-man.

Comparable? Kronwall minus the Kronwall open ice hits.

When I watched Kronwall at the Traverse City prospects tournament and with the Griffins a million years ago I was really impressed with his backward speed and lateral mobility, and how he was able to rag the puck in the defensive zone while skating backwards to stop a forecheck. Before his knee injury Kronwall was a phenomenal skater.

Johansson's skating reminds me of that. He could be a very good defender at the NHL level. I think 1st or 2nd pair potential if he can develop a better shot and gets stronger physically.

Reactions: wingerdinger

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

When I watched Kronwall at the Traverse City prospects tournament and with the Griffins a million years ago I was really impressed with his backward speed and lateral mobility, and how he was able to rag the puck in the defensive zone while skating backwards to stop a forecheck. Before his knee injury Kronwall was a phenomenal skater.

Johansson's skating reminds me of that. He could be a very good defender at the NHL level. I think 1st or 2nd pair potential if he can develop a better shot and gets stronger physically.

Johansson is smooth as hell on the ice. Calm, composed and an effortless skater.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Johansson is smooth as hell on the ice. Calm, composed and an effortless skater.

That's how I look at it. It will be a coup if both Seider and Johansson pan out as we hope from the same draft year. I think that has the potential to be a future 5 on 5 top pairing.

Reactions: mantha39

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

At the moment I kinda saw more Dekeyser in him. Lanky but smart defensively with good stickwork and generally really good first pass. Bit soft and didn't see anything that impressed me all that much offensively. He's young and unlike Dekeyser we can hope Johansson is able to bulk up, as well as develop more offense.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Zetterberg and Kronwall at the arena watching Frölunda-Malmö. Raymond, Söderblom, Veleno, Niederbach, lots of Wings prospects in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig