Prospect Info: Everything Swedish

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
I think we may get someone like Ryan Nugent Hopkins and go with the two low end 1c format.

Mantha-Larkin-Zadina
Raymond-RNH-Berggren
Bertuzzi-Veleno-Fabbri
Soderblom-Rasmussen-Mastrosimone

Obviously won’t happen since not everyone will develop, but I can see this being close to what we might ice in 2022-3. We won’t have a top 15 center, but we will have 2 low end 1st line ones, and all 4 would have defensive self awareness.
A guy can dream can’t he? Lol

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Possible U20 JWC Team Sweden 2020-21

Raymond - Henriksson - Holtz
Gunler - Eklund - Holmström
Nybeck - Sundsvik - Söderblom
Henineman - Niederbach - Torgersson
Grewe

Björnfot - Broberg
Johansson - Söderström
Andrae - Grans
Wallinder

Alnefelt
Wallstedt

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013

Grewe

Björnfot - Broberg
Johansson - Söderström
Andrae - Grans
Wallinder

Alnefelt
Wallstedt
i think Johansson Wallinder will be 1st and 3rd pair. Neiderbach i can see being middle 6 C

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I think we may get someone like Ryan Nugent Hopkins and go with the two low end 1c format.

Mantha-Larkin-Zadina
Raymond-RNH-Berggren
Bertuzzi-Veleno-Fabbri
Soderblom-Rasmussen-Mastrosimone

Obviously won’t happen since not everyone will develop, but I can see this being close to what we might ice in 2022-3. We won’t have a top 15 center, but we will have 2 low end 1st line ones, and all 4 would have defensive self awareness.
Is RNH really considered a low-end 1C though? I thought his stats got boosted b/c of playing w/Draisitl.

Hopefully we sign Barkov & Werenski in UFA & find a 1G, we'd be pretty close to set, barring a tweak or two.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Is RNH really considered a low-end 1C though? I thought his stats got boosted b/c of playing w/Draisitl.

Hopefully we sign Barkov & Werenski in UFA & find a 1G, we'd be pretty close to set, barring a tweak or two.

Yeah, he was mostly a winger with Draisaitl.

RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto was the best gelled Oilers line at last season.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg

After being quite frugal, the Red Wings should have a nice cap cushion for a #1C, a good D and a solid G at least. I want more than "just" RNH - or am I delusional?

Gruß,
BSHH

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017

Grewe

Björnfot - Broberg
Johansson - Söderström
Andrae - Grans
Wallinder

Alnefelt
Wallstedt
I don't see this tournament getting played this year. You'd have to quarantine 10 countries worth of junior players in Canada. So like no way eh, we're not like gonna have the Corona here ok? Countries like the Czech Republic have a current hold on all hockey games. It usually starts late Decmeber. I see a postponement or 2 and then a cancellation altogether, which is a shame. Sweden, Russia and Finland all seem to be playing just fine. Germany has been pushed back and the Czechs as I mentioned. Anyone know if the Slovak and Swiss leagues are happening?

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
It is encouraging that there are only three players under age 22 in the top-50 in SHL points and two are Wings prospects.

Raymond is also currently the highest scoring 18 year old in the league.

Granted, we are only 6-7 games in. A lot can happen. But it is encouraging.

Reactions: ArmChairGM89

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I don't see this tournament getting played this year. You'd have to quarantine 10 countries worth of junior players in Canada. So like no way eh, we're not like gonna have the Corona here ok? Countries like the Czech Republic have a current hold on all hockey games. It usually starts late Decmeber. I see a postponement or 2 and then a cancellation altogether, which is a shame. Sweden, Russia and Finland all seem to be playing just fine. Germany has been pushed back and the Czechs as I mentioned. Anyone know if the Slovak and Swiss leagues are happening?

Theyve already announced changes to the schedule the next few years with plans to quarantine in Canada for this years tournament

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
It is encouraging that there are only three players under age 22 in the top-50 in SHL points and two are Wings prospects.

Raymond is also currently the highest scoring 18 year old in the league.

Granted, we are only 6-7 games in. A lot can happen. But it is encouraging.
Never tell me the sample size!! - Han Solo

Reactions: RedMenace

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Think Seider Berggren Veleno and Johanssons teams all play today
Yep, too much to keep track of.

Actually signed up for c more to watch SHL this season, pretty exciting stuff with so many of our top prospects involved. Will watch Rögle today but hopefully catch some of the other games too.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Think Rögle just scored shorthanded. Seider was involved in the 2 vs 1 rush , but Bengtsson scored by himself. Unassisted goal.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Berggren scores according to top of the feed on Seider's game. Anyone catch it?
Beautiful goal, called back for really no reason tbh so it won’t count. Cut in front of the goal with nice hands and scored on his own rebound.

Seider looks awesome so far, didn’t seem to play much 1st period though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad