Prospect Info: Everything Swedish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Seider is going to be nasty in Detroit once he fills out. He super strong now, wait until he gets a little more meat on the bone. A Wallinder/Johansson - Seider pairing is going to be fun to watch for many years.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Would be awesome to see Soderblom's good tournament spur a bigger opportunity for him with Frolunda. I think his next year and a half or so of professional hockey will paint of much clearer picture of what we've got with Soderblom. If he can earn minutes and produce with Frolunda, I'll feel a lot more confident projecting him as an NHL producer.

Reactions: wingerdinger

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Because of awood40's YouTube channel I've been pleasantly reminded about Brad Stuart's time as a Red Wing.

And for some reason I can't help but wonder about just a straight up compare and contrast of Brad Stuart and what we want Mo Seider to be. Not a career projection type of comparison, but just a simple A versus B comparison. Obviously you have the defensive capabilities with physicality. Stuart had a decently hard shot from the point. He just didn't really use it for whatever reason; perhaps because he wasn't super confident it would get through traffic. Perhaps that could be an expectation for Seider within his first few years?

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Because of awood40's YouTube channel I've been pleasantly reminded about Brad Stuart's time as a Red Wing.

And for some reason I can't help but wonder about just a straight up compare and contrast of Brad Stuart and what we want Mo Seider to be. Not a career projection type of comparison, but just a simple A versus B comparison. Obviously you have the defensive capabilities with physicality. Stuart had a decently hard shot from the point. He just didn't really use it for whatever reason; perhaps because he wasn't super confident it would get through traffic. Perhaps that could be an expectation for Seider within his first few years?
Seider is a much better skater

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
If/when he makes a bigger SHL impact, I wonder if Yzerman would consider using him + draft pick + other prospect for a piece we need. I think many GM's would relish the idea of a 6'8" slick mitts Swede on an ELC one day. If we can get good value, that'd be worth exploring. I say this as someone who noticed & liked Sodabomb in the 18-19 rookie camp. Or do we sell Rasmussen once he's made the NHL for better retrun? Both could be special teams monsters., but not really Top6 projected as of now.

Oct 18, 2006
If/when he makes a bigger SHL impact, I wonder if Yzerman would consider using him + draft pick + other prospect for a piece we need. I think many GM's would relish the idea of a 6'8" slick mitts Swede on an ELC one day. If we can get good value, that'd be worth exploring. I say this as someone who noticed & liked Sodabomb in the 18-19 rookie camp. Or do we sell Rasmussen once he's made the NHL for better retrun? Both could be special teams monsters., but not really Top6 projected as of now.
This makes zero sense. If Soderblom develops into the prospect we hope (and think) we could be, we don’t trade him. He’s perfect age bracket for our rebuild. Hard pass for me.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Too early to say in terms of trades, we still have too much we need to add and not enough expendable pieces.

How interesting our forward group could look with Mantha, Söderblom and Rasmussen all turning out well though. Add in Seider on D and teams are going to really dislike playing against us. I think if we're talking trades I would look at other players before offering up guys that have unique skillsets like these big boys.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Nobody on this team can't be traded except Staal. This is a major rebuild.

With that said, I would miss how Seider plays.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Yes, he should be.

He'll play on a line Henriksson - Mursak - Raymond.

And he has been moved to the other PP unit (the one without Mursak). Will most likely stand on the left side.
Why Frölunda is so against splitting up Mursak and Raymond when they counteract eachother heavily is something I'd like to know, I guess they really love those advanced stats which lead to nothing.

With that said; Elmer's the 13F(practiced on the Ehn-Lundqvist-Friberg grind line), and Niederbach(who practiced on Raymond's line as the 4th wheel) is scratched today.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Okay which one you apes said that he can't shoot?! Nice rocket of a shot
It looks like they have changed up the powerplay a bit with Gelinas at the top of the umbrella and Seider by the circle. Working nicely so far tonight.
I've said it for a while that Seider's wristshot isn't bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad