Prospect Info: Everything Swedish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I guess 4 points and +3 in a 4-4 hockey game is half decent.

This is a great example of how you don't have to be an elite offensive defenseman to have a good offensive output come from a minute munching defenseman. You don't have to create goals out of thin air. You just have to make the right play consistently and the counting stats will follow.

Also that goal was refreshing to watch. He needs to continue to work that shot to get consistently dangerous.

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
Why Frölunda is so against splitting up Mursak and Raymond when they counteract eachother heavily is something I'd like to know, I guess they really love those advanced stats which lead to nothing.

With that said; Elmer's the 13F(practiced on the Ehn-Lundqvist-Friberg grind line), and Niederbach(who practiced on Raymond's line as the 4th wheel) is scratched today.

Who knows, I don't even think those advanced stats are that good anymore. Anyway I guess he will separate them after tonights game.

I thought Raymond + Carlsson looked pretty good in the last period. And honestly Raymond should probably take Mursak's spot on PP1.

It will be interesting to see how he does when Sundstöm comes back...

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
Raymond has to be better offensively. You can drive fancy stats as much as you want, but at some point you have to start finishing. I have faith in him (hes 18 for another 3 months after all), but I want to see him be good enough to render linemate and usage arguments pointless

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Okay which one of you apes said that he can't shoot?! Nice rocket of a shot
It's because he only scored 2 goals with the Griffs last year.
Lots of people were crediting Cholowski as having a great shot and a knack for when and where to pinch when he scored 7 goals in his first 44 games with the Wings but then he didn't score a goal in his next 38 games (8 with the Wings, 25 with the Griffs in regular season and 5 AHL playoff games).
Even the best goal scoring defensemen rarely reach 1 goal in 4 games ratio and over a season they will have stretches where they don't come close to that ratio and other where they exceed it by a lot. That is why it is not uncommon to see defensemen like Subban score 15 goals in 82 games (14-15 season) one year and drop to 6 goals in 68 games the next (less than half goals per game he score the previous year).
Seider didn't shoot a whole lot with the Griffs and he did so most often when there was a lot of traffic in front of the net just getting on net rather than blasting it.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Okay which one of you apes said that he can't shoot?! Nice rocket of a shot
Me. You really think that's a rocket, lol? The placement is perfect, but that's not a hard shot at all.

I do like how's he's moving the puck in the other plays, but man do SHL forwards give Seider a lot of time. They almost look scared of him now, lol.

He's certainly making progress quickly, but I never get excited about prospects until they play in the NHL. It's a different game as the above post about Cholo indicates, Seider won't have nearly as much time and space.

Reactions: TheMule93

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
He's certainly making progress quickly, but I never get excited about prospects until they play in the NHL. It's a different game as the above post about Cholo indicates, Seider won't have nearly as much time and space.
Good baseline of thinking for the larger group of prospects but there are always exceptions. We don't take a "wait and see" approach with Lane Zablocki and we don't really need to be extremely cautious in our hype for Seider. Sometimes it's pretty obvious one way or another.

Cholowski is a better comparable for Albert Johansson btw. I was watching Albert again last night and he just seems to look better in SHL than he did at WJC. It's strange. But it could be that big ice suits him that much better. Regardless, Albert is someone to watch when it comes to showing some of the same issues that Cholo has had.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Good baseline of thinking for the larger group of prospects but there are always exceptions. We don't take a "wait and see" approach with Lane Zablocki and we don't really need to be extremely cautious in our hype for Seider. Sometimes it's pretty obvious one way or another.

Cholowski is a better comparable for Albert Johansson btw. I was watching Albert again last night and he just seems to look better in SHL than he did at WJC. It's strange. But it could be that big ice suits him that much better. Regardless, Albert is someone to watch when it comes to showing some of the same issues that Cholo has had.
I was thinking if this cholo Johansson comparison during the wjc. Very comparable players imo

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Me. You really think that's a rocket, lol? The placement is perfect, but that's not a hard shot at all.

I do like how's he's moving the puck in the other plays, but man do SHL forwards give Seider a lot of time. They almost look scared of him now, lol.

Seider has been good everywhere including 3 different men’s leagues. I think what he’s showing is the ability to adapt to any play style.

Reactions: Ratatoskr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad