Prospect Info: Everything Swedish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I get why the jerseys are the way they there, necessary evil and bla bla bla. But they genuinely makes me sad.
I feel the same sadness everytime NHL announcers have to degrade themselves by doing advertisements mid-game and announcing every highlight as a ”Brought to you by..”.
Less commercial breaks too.

Reactions: Oddbob

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I feel the same sadness everytime NHL announcers have to degrade themselves by doing advertisements mid-game and announcing every highlight as a ”Brought to you by..”.
Less commercial breaks too.

This helmet brought to you by GM, as we enter the PPG Paints Power Play, with the puck brought to you by Gatorade!

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This helmet brought to you by GM, as we enter the PPG Paints Power Play, with the puck brought to you by Gatorade!

Oh dear, I was wondering from where was that PPG Paint company familiar, but they are planning to buy biggest Finnish paint company Tikkurila.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

More revenue is good. The big corp's & conglomerates can afford it. They just write it off as an advertising expense anyway.

Karanos will not be happy about this. Neither will the Karen's.
upload_2020-12-22_23-20-35.png

Reactions: Henkovic

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
More revenue is good. The big corp's & conglomerates can afford it. They just write it off as an advertising expense anyway.

Karanos will not be happy about this. Neither will the Karen's.
View attachment 379985
It's gonna start looking like NASCAR helmets, lol. I hope the Wings get sponsored by m&m or Skittles.

(It's probably wind up being the LC mascot, Chris paying himself and writing it off.)

Christien

May 1, 2010
Highly recommend you guys check out the latest Winged Wheel Podcast episode, they had J.D Burke on there to discuss Red Wings prospects.

“Burke: So this Theodor Niederbach kid, he’s okay right?”
Hakan Andersson: “J.D., a few years from now, people are going to be laughing at the idea we got this kid in the 2nd round.”

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Highly recommend you guys check out the latest Winged Wheel Podcast episode, they had J.D Burke on there to discuss Red Wings prospects.

Hakan Andersson: “J.D., a few years from now, people are going to be laughing at the idea we got this kid in the 2nd round.”

Is that a good or bad thing?

Reactions: Gniwder

J15

Mar 18, 2009

Dick Axelsson laughing or Tyler Bertuzzi laughing?

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

Hakan Andersson: “J.D., a few years from now, people are going to be laughing at the idea we got this kid in the 2nd round.

Is Hakan usually that confident about a pick (regardless of round) ?

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Not that I can remember.
I didn't think so either, from what I'd heard him say or had read over the years. That's really great news. I'm pretty high on him. Glad we finally got a skilled RH-C prospect. Raymond the other RHS Top6/Elite potential.

HM: to Cotton & Draper) as RHS if they make it.

Viro is gonna be my darkhorse on D for '20 draft, Neids up front.

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Is Hakan usually that confident about a pick (regardless of round) ?

Not usually. He was just as bullish about the Albert Johansson pick, though. Even if he hasn't found us a Zetterberg or Datsyuk in a long time he's done a good job for us over the last 20 years. I believe Henkka and MBH posted some stats about the ratio of Hakan picks making it somewhere on the Wings board. Maybe this thread?

Reactions: alexislafreniere

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Interesting hearing from the scouts. As much as the fans hammer on about "BPA BPA BPA no matter what!" it does seem like scouting staffs are more mindful of balancing positional need. I do think the Cholowski pick made Q. Hughes less likely (gross), the Zadina pick made a guy like Holtz less likely, the Seider pick made Drysdale less likely, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad