Prospect Info: Everything Swedish

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Some Seider from today:

Not his best game tbh.

Seider played pretty decent overall that game, even if his team lost. There were maybe 2 shifts that I saw where he made mistakes. Can't win them all.

I do think that over the last 10 or so games, Seider has been increasingly aggressive in passing to a forward then joining the rush, or even in stickhandling in his zone then skating it out. Though I'm glad to see him using his opportunity to be more offensive in the SHL, his best games were games where he kept it simple and timed his spots better.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Seider played pretty decent overall that game, even if his team lost. There were maybe 2 shifts that I saw where he made mistakes. Can't win them all.

I do think that over the last 10 or so games, Seider has been increasingly aggressive in passing to a forward then joining the rush, or even in stickhandling in his zone then skating it out. Though I'm glad to see him using his opportunity to be more offensive in the SHL, his best games were games where he kept it simple and timed his spots better.
Yeah what impresses me most so far is that even his "bad" games are pretty darn good. Last game, Eric Gelinas was absolutely terrible which of course impacted Seider's ability to shine as well.

WingsDynasty20s

Feb 25, 2019
How good is the competition seider is playing against in the SHL compared to what he faced last year in the AHL? I know some ppl think the AHL is the better league and some vice versa. SHL prob even better than normal this year w all the transfers and guys staying an extra year.

Basically if hes one of, if not the best defenseman in the SHL this year how does that compare to his performance in the A last year?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
How good is the competition seider is playing against in the SHL compared to what he faced last year in the AHL? I know some ppl think the AHL is the better league and some vice versa. SHL prob even better than normal this year w all the transfers and guys staying an extra year.

Basically if hes one of, if not the best defenseman in the SHL this year how does that compare to his performance in the A last year?

I'm of the opinion that the skating and skill side of the game is a lot higher in the SHL. The wider rinks are great for guys with wheels to make plays and even though there's hitting it's a much cleaner league than most.

The AHL reminds me of dead puck era hockey minus the star players with enough talent to break the gridlock. Lots of dump and chase, lots of corner battles, lots of crowding around the net. A lot more obstruction as well.

EDIT: Regarding Seider, I think the AHL was good for him to get his feet wet with the North American rough stuff that goes on in the AHL. I think the SHL is much better for him now to display how talented he is, and that his game is a lot more than just hitting. They also do a lot better with advanced analytics in that league.

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Might have been the most unnoticeable game Seider has played so far in SHL. Still solid, lots of good little defensive plays, but didn't stand out.
Also getting a little bit less powerplay time the last 2-3 games.

Reactions: mantha39

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
has Berggren gone cold? haven't seen much about him?

Yeah he's cooled way off, in terms of points. He was like top-3/top-5 in points in the SHL all season, but is now outside the top-10, and has dropped to below a point per game.

He's a good player, but I think we all knew regression was inevitable.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Yeah he's cooled way off, in terms of points. He was like top-3/top-5 in points in the SHL all season, but is now outside the top-10, and has dropped to below a point per game.

He's a good player, but I think we all knew regression was inevitable.
He's PPG again now, and back in the top-5 in points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad