Everything COVID19 - PART 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Those arrows are so stupid. Anywhere else in the grocery store you pass by people all the time but if you go the wrong way in an isle you have people looking at you like you are crazy.

The arrows aren't stupid. The people who can't follow them are. Like how do these people who can't follow them get through life?

Reactions: Rand0m and Ed Wood

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He was just asking people their opinions. Don’t think it was outlandish. I kind of agree that some of the measures in place aren’t necessary anymore, like arrows in stores or plexiglass.

No harm in keeping the arrows and plexiglass up for now.

If the experts are right, and we get a second wave in the fall, all the stores will just have to put everything back up anyways. A lot easier to simply keep it.

Reactions: Deku

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
No harm in keeping the arrows and plexiglass up for now.

If the experts are right, and we get a second wave in the fall, all the stores will just have to put everything back up anyways. A lot easier to simply keep it.
If you’re wearing masks there’s no reason for glass.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Too much focus on getting back to normal instead of acceptance of the new way of life.

A few missteps and complacency from the public and we'll look like the US in no time.

Bars, gyms, concerts, live sporting events and other mass social congregations with high chance of transmission should just be considered a thing of the past unless they come up with a vaccine one day, which I personally doubt based on what Ive read.

Wear a mask. Keep the plexiglass, directions and awareness. Keep the social distancing. Super easy, I don't understand the resistance to these measures personally.

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
Too much focus on getting back to normal instead of acceptance of the new way of life.

A few missteps and complacency from the public and we'll look like the US in no time.

Bars, gyms, concerts, live sporting events and other mass social congregations with high chance of transmission should just be considered a thing of the past unless they come up with a vaccine one day, which I personally doubt based on what Ive read.

Wear a mask. Keep the plexiglass, directions and awareness. Keep the social distancing. Super easy, I don't understand the resistance to these measures personally.

So you want to live this way for the rest of your life? God thats depressing

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Marc Methot on Twitter acting like if we're wearing masks, that distancing measures shouldn't be necessary. Oof.

When they brought in the 6ft rules , they were saying .. not much need for masks .. their tune on masks changed later. I think its a valid question at least.

As long as some wear them and some don't its 6 feet

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
So you want to live this way for the rest of your life? God thats depressing
I don't, I just think that ultimately thats whats necessary or at least the best tools we have to combat it.

I believe we are just moving in to the next chapter of human existence and will have to make adjustments. I dont believe a vaccine is coming to save us anytime soon.

Our neighbours to the south are example A of what not to do and have unfortunately put us in a very vulnerable spot.

Last edited:

RealSpartan

Nov 2, 2016
Is it really too hard for people to mask up and stay the piss away from each other when out and about? Like if someone else got to the Cheerios before you just stay back for 3.7 seconds until they've moved on and then move in for your grab. Why is this so controversial for some?

Reactions: Masked

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
I don't, I just think that ultimately thats whats necessary or at least the best tools we have to combat it.

I believe we are just moving in to the next chapter of human existence and will have to make adjustments. I dont believe a vaccine is coming to save us anytime soon.

Our neighbours to the south are example A of what not to do and have unfortunately put us in a very vulnerable spot.

Please mate....have some faith in Science, and if no vaccine there will be treatments, herd immunity..etc

Pandemics do not last forever

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands

Define soon . A vaccine is coming , in fact what will be needed and used is multiple vaccine products to cover the globe .

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I would let Trump lead the charge on beta testing the Vaccine down there to see how it goes.. IMO they will try to rush out an under tested Vaccine and of course it will be terrific.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Please mate....have some faith in Science, and if no vaccine there will be treatments, herd immunity..etc

Pandemics do not last forever
I hope you're right. I'm just skeptical and the US blowing up so quickly is concerning.
Define soon . A vaccine is coming , in fact what will be needed and used is multiple vaccine products to cover the globe .
Hard to say. I've read both encouraging and discouraging information regarding vaccines. Obviously having the entire world focused on it puts it in unprecedented territory, which is good, but it sounds like we'll be well short of a proper testing phase if we do get one quick enough to matter.
I would let Trump lead the charge on beta testing the Vaccine down there to see how it goes.. IMO they will try to rush out an under tested Vaccine and of course it will be terrific.
No doubt, I expect that too.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I hope you're right. I'm just skeptical and the US blowing up so quickly is concerning.

That is what has my anxiety going through the roof.

Canadians for the most part have been amazing. We're kicking ass and doing what's needed.

America, on the other hand, is a complete shitshow. If we were the superpower and US the smallfry, I wouldn't be so worried. But, we're not in that position. US falls apart, they're going to take us down with them.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
That is what has my anxiety going through the roof.

Canadians for the most part have been amazing. We're kicking ass and doing what's needed.

America, on the other hand, is a complete shitshow. If we were the superpower and US the smallfry, I wouldn't be so worried. But, we're not in that position. US falls apart, they're going to take us down with them.
How do you see the US taking us down with them? Are you talking about the response to covid or something else

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Cases in the US started rapidly rising, again, around June 20th. It takes a couple of weeks for deaths to catch up. We'll see how things go, but deaths may very well be 1000+, and then 2000+, per day relatively soon.

On Tuesday they hit 902.
hummm won't load image url?

photo.php

photo.php

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
How do you see the US taking us down with them? Are you talking about the response to covid or something else

Economically, the supply chain, the virus....many ways. We do rely heavily on the US buying a lot of our goods. We also rely on them for a lot of our food and products they produce. And looking at the virus itself, having so many commercial traffic...truckers, seasonal workers, business, etc....almost impossible to keep the virus out if the US is completely out of control. Like it or not, the two countries are stuck with one another.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Hard to say. I've read both encouraging and discouraging information regarding vaccines. Obviously having the entire world focused on it puts it in unprecedented territory, which is good, but it sounds like we'll be well short of a proper testing phase if we do get one quick enough to matter.
There are multiple vaccines worldwide that have been approved for clinical trials. There will be a vaccine, its just a question of when.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Economically, the supply chain, the virus....many ways. We do rely heavily on the US buying a lot of our goods. We also rely on them for a lot of our food and products they produce. And looking at the virus itself, having so many commercial traffic...truckers, seasonal workers, business, etc....almost impossible to keep the virus out if the US is completely out of control. Like it or not, the two countries are stuck with one another.

And the day the US runs out of water we are 100% f***ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino