Blue Jays Discussion: Everyone's hurt, but some are starting to make returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
His usage for the most part. He can only play 2nd and his bat is below average. Espinal is a better utility option because he can play multiple positions and all very well defensively. Espinal's bat is fairly good as well. Espinal also has better speed.

Yeah, that's more on Montoyo than to be angry at Panik tho.

I'd agree that Espinal gives you more than Panik can, but I'm sure bench coaches rely more on the vets than younger guys.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Dunedin's pitching is REALLY bad. 49 runs against in 27 innings and change.

And Sem Robberse hasn't pitched yet for unknown reasons.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
CJ Van Eyk doesn't get out of the 1st in his professional debut with Vancouver. 42 pitches, 2 walks, 3 hits, 4 ER

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Dunedin's pitching is REALLY bad. 49 runs against in 27 innings and change.

And Sem Robberse hasn't pitched yet for unknown reasons.

I know I'm just repeating myself, but Dunedin has given up 25 runs tonight in 8 innings, and 1 of their pitchers went 2.1 IP giving up only 1 hit and no runs. How bad is this staff? 65 runs against in 32 innings. If all those runs were earned that's an ERA of 18.28 or over 2 runs per inning over 4 games.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I know I'm just repeating myself, but Dunedin has given up 25 runs tonight in 8 innings, and 1 of their pitchers went 2.1 IP giving up only 1 hit and no runs. How bad is this staff? 65 runs against in 32 innings. If all those runs were earned that's an ERA of 18.28 or over 2 runs per inning over 4 games.
Also unsustainable how many arms they’d be going through. Fun for whoever is playing against them though

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Sem Robberse into tonights game for Dunedin out of the pen, presumably as a piggyback

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Sem Robberse into tonights game for Dunedin out of the pen, presumably as a piggyback

Decent 1st inning but afterwards his D made an error and he just fell apart. Dunedin's pitching woes continue giving up 12 runs today in 5 innings.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
The Blue Jays’ education on winning has included a sit-down with TFC captain Michael Bradley | The Star

“What I took away from it most as an athlete is the importance of being a good teammate,” Biggio said. “You can tell that he’s had a very good career and that he values being a good teammate over a lot of things.”

The four athletes, joined only by a translator for Guerrero, spoke for about an hour. It was the first time Bradley has had a chance to sit down with other Toronto athletes in such a way.

“You’re always trying to take the experiences that you have and draw on them and reflect on them and think to yourself, ‘What’s similar here? What are they going through? What challenges have they faced that now may be similar to something that I may see?’ ” Bradley said.

One of Bradley’s key experiences was bringing a championship home. He wanted Guerrero, Bichette and Biggio to know what it is like to be a winner in the city. So he shared two stories that, to this day, give him goose bumps.

One was of a night shortly after Bradley arrived in Toronto, before he won anything, when he learned firsthand the kind of legacy winning in the city can leave. During a timeout early at a Raptors game, someone on the screen caused a deafening roar that caught Bradley’s attention. That someone? Joe Carter.

“At that point it was like, ‘S---, it’s 2014’ … A lot of the people in the arena that night weren’t even alive when he hit that home run (to win the 1993 World Series) but here we are … he’s at a Raptors game and he’s getting that reception,” Bradley said. “It was this moment where you realized to yourself, man, this city is different and if you can win in this city, then the pride and the respect, it never goes away.”

He got a similar reminder a little more than a year later when TFC clinched its first playoff spot in franchise history hours after Jose Bautista produced his iconic bat flip down the street at Rogers Centre.

“I joked, half-joked, because I swear, when he hit the home run you could hear the roar at BMO,” Bradley said. “It was another little reminder for me at that point, another little way to try to tell these guys, ‘There is not a better sports city in the world than Toronto.’ Yes, it’s going to take time and, yes, it’s going to take sacrifice and effort and there’s going to be pain and heartbreak and work along the way, but if you can do it here it is special.”

The three Jays later told Shapiro what a powerful interaction meeting Bradley was, he said.

They weren’t the only ones who left inspired.

“Those guys are younger than me but in a lot ways I’m a fan of theirs and I look up to them,” Bradley said. “Their energy and just motivation was so clear to see. Their desire to establish themselves as really big-time players for the Blue Jays and to help the Blue Jays now win again, that was so apparent."

“As an athlete, as a competitor, just being around other guys who have that motivation, who you can see that in their eye, not only is that exciting but that’s motivating for you as well.”

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Hopefully no Jays games go to penalties.

Decent 1st inning but afterwards his D made an error and he just fell apart. Dunedin's pitching woes continue giving up 12 runs today in 5 innings.

Scored 43 runs in 5 games and they're 0-5

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Of course Pearson gets the start when I'm at work. Damn you, Charlie.

Best believe I'm watching it anyway. We're currently in another lockdown here so I'll be lucky if I see any customers anyway lmao. May as well watch the game.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Pearson's return welcomed as Blue Jays stay resilient with battered bullpen - Sportsnet.ca

TORONTO – Ideally, the Toronto Blue Jays would have given Nate Pearson another outing or two at triple-A Buffalo before bringing him back to the majors. His first start with the Bisons showed promise — with eight strikeouts and one run allowed over 3.2 innings — as he works to lock down a tweak to his delivery, and the best time to transition a player is when he’s built some momentum in both process and performance.

Right now, however, these aren’t ideal times for the Blue Jays, who are moving deeper and deeper into survival mode amid an extended and hard-to-fathom period of roster churn.
On Saturday, they selected the contract of reliever A.J. Cole, optioned fellow righty Ty Tice and transferred catcher Alejandro Kirk to the 60-day injured list, making space on the 40-man roster for Cole.

At 83 transactions for the season already and counting, the Blue Jays are essentially through their pitching depth, as once Pearson arrives they’ll have only three hurlers on the 40 not in the majors or on the injured list – Jeremy Beasley, Elvis Luciano and Tice. Under the circumstances, big-league need trumps finer-points development.

“I mean, we need the innings in the big-leagues right now and this is perfect timing for him (Sunday) to start,” said manager Charlie Montoyo. “That's one of the main reasons we're doing it. We’ll feel good about him coming here and starting the game.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad