Blue Jays Discussion: Everyone's hurt, but some are starting to make returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I know it's a day to drool over SWR and Manoah but I've been waiting for a Monsion apperance in Dunedin as he put up great numbers in the GCL 2 years ago. He gets put in in a mess of a 4th inning with a runner on, the first guy reaches on an error and then he strikes out 3 guys in a row.

6 K's in 2.2 IP for Monsion. Gave up 3 hits and a run in the last inning he pitched

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Of note for NH, Martin has started at CF in all 3 games. Groshans was at SS for the first 2, interesting though Groshans in DHing the 2nd game today and Martin's still in CF, not at SS. They had suggested that Martin/Groshans would split the games at SS with Martin in CF when Groshans was SS and Groshans at 3rd when Martin was SS. Just curious that 3 games in Martin has CF in all 3 and now someone else is playing SS to give Groshans a break.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
How many innings can Manoah throw this season? I assume they tried to get him a season's worth of innings at the alternate site?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Just a casual 12 K's in 6 innings. I would assume he's done for the night but who knows

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Assuming Kirk and Pearson still count who is even your 8th best Jays prospect at this point? I had Manoah there 3 months ago but that can't be true anymore, but everyone is so good. I guess it's Orelvis Martinez? But even that feels wrong too. I believe some sites have Moreno down that low but that feels way too low for me, he's going to be very good.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Assuming Kirk and Pearson still count who is even your 8th best Jays prospect at this point? I had Manoah there 3 months ago but that can't be true anymore, but everyone is so good. I guess it's Orelvis Martinez? But even that feels wrong too. I believe some sites have Moreno down that low but that feels way too low for me, he's going to be very good.

Haha good point... they have 8 guys who definitely belong higher than 8th on a team prospect list, but someone needs to be there. I don't have a clue who it would be for me.

Pretty crazy group of prospects they have right now, particularly at the top and especially considering the amazing young talent they've graduated the last couple years.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
...I was completely unaware the Jays played this afternoon. Here i sat down with a snack at 9:30 ready to watch a game that happened hours ago :laugh:

I guess that's what i get for forgetting my phone at home when i left for work.
spoiler alert:

tgIpzqAEzgPX7EAifkboRLKP98w=.gif

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Oddly uncomfortable (or at least kinda sad) information coming to light about the Albert Pujols release:

Pujols wasn't consulted about or party to the decision to release him. The Angels pretty much decided they had to do it because Pujols was adamant he was going to continue to play 1B regularly and balked at the idea of being a bench player. So given the choice between making a rather ice cold decision to cut a former megastar or watch as he held them hostage to his demands in spite of not being a tenable every day player (or even a tenable part-time player at this point) they chose the former and let him go. Then they held a remote presser with the front office staff to discuss the move, for which Pujols was not present.

I mean, on the one hand yeah that's kind of a dick move. But on the other hand Pujols didn't really leave them with any choice in the matter.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Ideally i'd like to see him sign with the Cards, get at least one AB in so the fans that loved him more than anyone else can give him a proper sendoff. Because he's just not a major leaguer anymore sadly.

Shitty run or not, Pujols was still one of the best players of his generation. Solid defensively, could hit for power and was absolutely money when the chips were down.

I guess that depends on if he's willing to accept he's done, which seems unlikely

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Oddly uncomfortable (or at least kinda sad) information coming to light about the Albert Pujols release:

Pujols wasn't consulted about or party to the decision to release him. The Angels pretty much decided they had to do it because Pujols was adamant he was going to continue to play 1B regularly and balked at the idea of being a bench player. So given the choice between making a rather ice cold decision to cut a former megastar or watch as he held them hostage to his demands in spite of not being a tenable every day player (or even a tenable part-time player at this point) they chose the former and let him go. Then they held a remote presser with the front office staff to discuss the move, for which Pujols was not present.

I mean, on the one hand yeah that's kind of a dick move. But on the other hand Pujols didn't really leave them with any choice in the matter.

My first thought when I heard about it was that I was surprised they didn't mutually agree that he was going to "retire" (but still get paid what he's owed, of course). Because it was a release instead, I assumed he wanted to keep playing and hoped to latch on somewhere else.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
I knew Pujols had been bad for a few years but not "literally last in the majors among qualified batters in fWAR over the last 6 years" bad.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I knew Pujols had been bad for a few years but not "literally last in the majors among qualified batters in fWAR over the last 6 years" bad.
I didn’t realize that either. For a bat only player that’s horrendous. The money he made to be awful is incredible.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I didn’t realize that either. For a bat only player that’s horrendous. The money he made to be awful is incredible.

It nicely balances out the peanuts he made to be an inner-circle Hall of Famer in St Louis. Sure sucks for Anaheim, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->