Blue Jays Discussion: Everyone's hurt, but some are starting to make returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

I'm sure that'll help quell the anger of the Braves fans who are already furious with AA's management of the rotation and bullpen :laugh:

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

This is a strange announcement as he has already played 3 games for Buffalo/Trenton already and im guessing no one knew to report it until now?

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
1zbq2yzs9by61.jpg

Last edited:

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Hot Sheet: Baseball's 20 Hottest Prospects From The Past Week (5/10/21)
5. Alek Manoah, RHP, Blue Jays
Team:
Triple-A Buffalo (East)
Why He’s Here: 1-0, 0.00, 6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 12 SO, 0 HR

The Scoop: Pitchers don’t often jump from short-season ball all the way to Triple-A, but that’s the case for Manoah, who dazzled in two big league spring training outings against high-caliber lineups. In his first turn of the year, Triple-A hitters were no match either. The big righty cut through Worcester quickly and efficiently, with a dozen strikeouts over six dominant frames. Manoah has the powerful mix to make life difficult for opponents, and if he keeps going like he did in his first outing, he might not be long for Triple-A. (JN)

HELIUM

Rafael Ohashi, RHP, Blue Jays

At just 18 years old, Ohashi is the second-youngest player in the Low-A Southeast League, just behind Jupiter’s Eury Perez. He made his pro debut on Sunday and was mighty impressive. Working against Tampa, which had scored 77 runs in its previous five games, and pitching with an automated strike zone that so far has led to skyrocketing walk totals in the league, Ohashi spun three perfect innings with four strikeouts. His fastball sat in the low 90s, and was accentuated by the roughly 7.5 feet of extension in his delivery. He paired the heater with a curveball and a splitter. Ohashi impressed Blue Jays officials with a combination of skills and makeup—he emerged from the pandemic in excellent shape—and the team rewarded him with a stateside debut.

Reactions: phillipmike

metafour

Apr 6, 2008

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
One of this years top prospects Gunnar Hoglund needs tj surgery now. Horrible time to blow out your arm. He likely just lost at least a million bucks in signing bonuses

Reactions: phillipmike

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
It makes me crazy that we are tied to catchers in the draft and internationally. I know this is a mock so it means nothing but I don’t want us drafting a catcher.

Is there something specific about catchers that you don't like?

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
One of this years top prospects Gunnar Hoglund needs tj surgery now. Horrible time to blow out your arm. He likely just lost at least a million bucks in signing bonuses

Such bad news. I doubt he makes it to the 3rd round but if he does i gladly take him with our 3rd pick and pay him over slot value. Grabbing Madden/Bachman/Cusick/Painter/Chandler and Hoglund with our first 2 picks would be fantastic.

Reminder for all: The Jays dont have a 2nd round pick as a result of signing George Springer.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Nate was such a disaster i think they had to do this. The issue i see is how they thought it was a good idea in the first place given his start in the minors.
He was not remotely ready physically or mentally to pitch in the majors.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
SWR had a no hitter going until Thomas Milone just hit a homerun off him. No, not our pitcher Tommy Milone. He has 8 K's through 5 IP, that's still the only hit. 2 walks.

Moreno has homered, Groshans been on base both times through.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morgs

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I would have liked to give Pearson another big league start, but on the caveat that it's against a weaker team.

The only problem with that is in terms of "weaker" teams the only ones that fit the bill is either Cleveland (May 28-30) and the Marlins (June 1-2) which means he'd basically be sitting for 3 weeks. Probably just better to send him down at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->