Blue Jays Discussion: Everyone's hurt, but some are starting to make returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Complete guesses, but I assume Kay gets called up in hopes of getting 3-ish innings out of him and/or Stripling is activated.

Can't be Kay unless they put someone on the IL, he was optioned on the 23rd of April so can't come up until the 3rd of May unless it's the corresponding move to someone being put on the IL. I would assume Stripling tomorrow, then Matz Monday, and Kay gets called up for the Tuesday game. Or they just do bullpen games for the rest of the season because who doesn't love using 8 pitchers in a single game when you have one of your top 10 prospects just doing nothing at the alternate site.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
We've been on the wrong end of a few of these this year, Nice to see the pen keep it to 5 and allow us to chip away for the win.

Reactions: Anthrax442

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
He was squinting a lot a game or 2 ago. In that game he wore glasses and took them off to hit.

I was wondering if there was something with his eyes. Maybe he has an astigmatism.

Should be interesting to see if a prescription change would help.

His ascent as a prospect came because he figured out he needed glasses and got the right prescription. If that’s changed, I can see it affecting him more than others.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Can't be Kay unless they put someone on the IL, he was optioned on the 23rd of April so can't come up until the 3rd of May unless it's the corresponding move to someone being put on the IL. I would assume Stripling tomorrow, then Matz Monday, and Kay gets called up for the Tuesday game. Or they just do bullpen games for the rest of the season because who doesn't love using 8 pitchers in a single game when you have one of your top 10 prospects just doing nothing at the alternate site.

But what if I really want it to be Kay?

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
He was squinting a lot a game or 2 ago. In that game he wore glasses and took them off to hit.

I was wondering if there was something with his eyes. Maybe he has an astigmatism.

Should be interesting to see if a prescription change would help.

I thought my vision was fine a few years ago but when I was playing badminton, I noticed my hand-eye coordination had got worse. My left eye had a slight change and my right eye had slight astigmatism. Once I got my new prescription my hand-eye coordination had improved a lot.

Might be the case with Danny.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Some guys do not thrive when there is a legitimate threat to their job.

reading more it does seem like it’s a glasses issue again.

I've actually observed some flaws in his swing. His swing angle is just designed to initiate pop ups.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That blows for Kirk. Dude raked in the game before the injury and looked like he was gonna earn more starts.

He's got some stuff he needs to work on (specifically the catching part of catching) but the fact he can hit as opposed to other guy was a pretty big plus

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
So catching is back to being a blackhole offensively. Damn. Immediately shortens your lineup to 8 guys. Unless Jano can get hot, but I wouldn't count on it.

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
ROSTER MOVES:
Ross Stripling reinstated from 10-day IL
Alejandro Kirk (left flexor strain), Tommy Milone (left shoulder inflammation), and Anthony Castro (right forearm strain) placed on 10-day IL
Riley Adams and Anthony Kay recalled from Alternate Training Site https://t.co/p78b1xIgA1

Not sure if everything was posted.

Can't wait to see Riley Adams

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Turns out the answer is "then you'll have to find someone to throw in the IL!"

:laugh:

I'm kind of worried about Tuesday and Thursday's games now though since they called up Kay now I would assume the plan for today is both Kay and Stripling, but that leaves no other options for Tuesday and Thursday except bullpen games. 2 pen games in 3 days sounds rough. Maybe if Kay and Striping both only go like 3 innings each today they can go again on short rest Thursday?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Really, really, really think they should flip Bo and Vlad in the order. They're just going to stop pitching to Vlad completely, and anyways he's the elite OBP guy, not Bo. Meanwhile, it'll be far harder to pitch around Bo with 2 elite OBP guys getting on base so much ahead of him, and the bats of guys like Teoscar being closer to Bo's level than Vlad's.

Reactions: Puckstuff

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Also, not gonna lie - as interesting as it will be to see Springer, it's a bit disconcerting to hear that such an important asset was 'only 80%' during yesterday's broadcast and that he's now going to be playing today because he's 'sick of being on IR'. Hopefully he isn't getting rushed back only to re-injure himself again.

... and Springer is re-injured 3 days later.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Maybe when/if we're fully healthy drop biggio all the way to the 9 spot to make him the pseudo-leadoff hitter.

1. CF Springer
2. 1B Guerrero
3. SS Bichette
4. DH Hernandez
5. C Kirk
6. RF Grichuk
7. LF Gurriel
8. 2B Semien
9. 3B Biggio

Reactions: Puckstuff
Status
Not open for further replies.