Blue Jays Discussion: Everyone's hurt, but some are starting to make returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Lol no shit eh. He was already relegated to my bench. Now he's out of my lineup for good.

He's still a starter (mostly because I have jack shit for speed in my lineup) but I feel like he wouldn't be hard to replace. Im like 5k XP away from that Kenny Lofton or I could get a guy like Buxton on my bench for speed.

That Cavan Biggio might be a good replacement honestly assuming he doesn't cost a fortune.

Reactions: Morgs

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
The stuff from 10 years ago was so strange, especially post-#metoo. Multiple women accused him of having HIV and exposing them to the virus, he refused to take an HIV test and settled a bunch of lawsuits, it was briefly a kinda-big story .... and then it just completely disappeared, like it never happened.

Alomar gets inducted into the BHOF, is brought back to the Blue Jays fold as a highly visible ambassador, works for the league ... and then gets brought down now by allegations that seem much less serious than the ones from a decade ago. Weird.

Here's an article to back all this up. I wasn't following the Blue Jays so this was the first I've heard of it.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
He's still a starter (mostly because I have jack shit for speed in my lineup) but I feel like he wouldn't be hard to replace. Im like 5k XP away from that Kenny Lofton or I could get a guy like Buxton on my bench for speed.

That Cavan Biggio might be a good replacement honestly assuming he doesn't cost a fortune.

Eh my teams pretty stacked but I just hit like shit with him anyway. Guy only seems to ever get singles and it doesn't feel often. Just on my bench for speed and the occasional pinch hit, but meh.

C - 42 Perez
1B - Rookie Pujols
2B - Rendon
3B - PS Donaldson
SS - Machado
LF - Yelich
CF - Trout
RF - Judge

Definitely interested in the Biggio, but I'm like 20k from Belly. Might end up going with Tatis instead, idk.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Here's an article to back all this up. I wasn't following the Blue Jays so this was the first I've heard of it.

I remember it really clearly because it was pretty heartbreaking stuff as Alomar was one of my sporting heroes growing up.

And then it turned into one of those stories that just vanishes (the super-sketchy Andy Van Hellemond gambling stuff is another example of this) and life went on like it never happened.

And, like, comparatively a workplace harassment allegation that's caused this fallout now seems like really small potatoes.

Reactions: Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I remember it really clearly because it was pretty heartbreaking stuff as Alomar was one of my sporting heroes growing up.

And then it turned into one of those stories that just vanishes (the super-sketchy Andy Van Hellemond gambling stuff is another example of this) and life went on like it never happened.

And, like, comparatively a workplace harassment allegation that's caused this fallout now seems like really small potatoes.

Remember Rick Tocchet? North American sports do their darnedest at helping this stuff disappear as quietly and quickly as possible.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Alomar was before my time, but you can't erase what he did on the baseball field. I don't agree with removing his name and banner from the rafters and the level of excellence. At the same time, I totally understand why they did it. I know I wouldn't be offended when I go to the Rogers Centre next time to watch a game by seeing his name out there, but I know some people will so I understand the decision.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Remember Rick Tocchet? North American sports do their darnedest at helping this stuff disappear as quietly and quickly as possible.

For sure.

The Alomar thing was especially crazy though because it was really salacious stuff, he never really seemed to be cleared of the allegations at all (just settled some lawsuits, and his refusal to be tested *screamed* guilt) and then in very short order thereafter was being pumped up as a squeaky-clean ambassador type.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
For sure.

The Alomar thing was especially crazy though because it was really salacious stuff, he never really seemed to be cleared of the allegations at all (just settled some lawsuits, and his refusal to be tested *screamed* guilt) and then in very short order thereafter was being pumped up as a squeaky-clean ambassador type.

No different than Kirby Puckett really. Pucket was hailed as good for the game and a class act but in reality he beat the shit out of multiple women.

I legit didn't even know the shit about Puckett until today (he retired when I was like 3, cut me some slack) but still.

Alomar has apparently been yanked from The Show. When you play the card mode there's an advertisement showing you can get him for free..that's apparently now gone. Have to imagine his card goes next for those who have it.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Man, Alomar was my guy when I was a kid.
I even had that McDonalds baseball card.

Sigh, why oh why did ya do it man..
I'm still not sure what he did, it said that in 2014 he acted inappropriately with a women, but didn't give much information. I'd like to know more before making any judgment.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
With only 2 healthy starters right now(They said Stripling might be back soon but haven't heard confirmation), and 10 games in a row starting tonight will we see Anthony Kay again soon or are they planning on just completely tiring the pen out with 4 or 5 pen games in the next week and a half?

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Imagine a guy with lots of money trying to hook up with hot girls. Crazy. I dont know what the allegations are against him but your story has no correlation.
No? The fact that he was sexually harassing girls I knew well and worked with has no correlation with him being accused of sexually harassing others girls? Ok

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
1. CF Springer
2. 1B Guerrero
3. SS Bichette
4. DH Hernandez
5. C Kirk
6. 3B Biggio
7. RF Grichuk
8. 2B Semien
9. LF Gurriel

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
1. CF Springer
2. 1B Guerrero
3. SS Bichette
4. DH Hernandez
5. C Kirk
6. 3B Biggio
7. RF Grichuk
8. 2B Semien
9. LF Gurriel

Biggio's the tough one there because he's had such a tough time fielding at 3B and Espinal has really solidified the defense whenever he's been in. But mostly yeah, just stick with it and hope he can figure it out.

We can nitpick the order (because we always will forever no matter what) but it almost doesn't matter with those players all available.

Just stop playing Panik!

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
On the topic of probably nobody but me cares, Justin Maese listed on the NH Fisher Cats roster. I'm excited to see him pitch again for the first time in 8 years if he is actually healthy

Reactions: aingefan

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Jansen hearing Kirk about to creep up on his playing time.

55707c0af7b1050f008b4816

Reactions: NHL WAR and TF97

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
On the topic of probably nobody but me cares, Justin Maese listed on the NH Fisher Cats roster. I'm excited to see him pitch again for the first time in 8 years if he is actually healthy
tumblr_o29nu9oWEv1s27326o4_r1_400.gifv

To think he used to be a favourite prospect of mine at one point and I completely forgot he existed

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
No? The fact that he was sexually harassing girls I knew well and worked with has no correlation with him being accused of sexually harassing others girls? Ok
Sexually harassing the only single girls that gave him their numbers? Offering to be a sugar daddy or fwb is what you said he did. That’s not harassing.

Reactions: WilyStyless03SHYla

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
This offense is frightening :laugh:

I’m fairly new to baseball - just looking at stats, Springer has never averaged .300 or higher so what makes him such a juggernaut? Not doubting that he is just looking for insight.

Reactions: hockeywiz542
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad