Post-Game Talk: Every Game Should Be Against Tampa!

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Wonder if Jesper Fasth could step in and fill out this team if his team gets knocked out early in the SEL.

Not comfortable with Bickel.

Maybe Zucc or Lindberg? Maybe Kreider?

Lindberg would be a great add. We need to push Halpern to the 4th line and Boyle to the bench. I know Lindberg projected as a 4th line guy, but with his big season in the SEL maybe he gained the needed confidence to be a 3rd liner. Asking anyone to do what Kreider did though is asking a ton from a kid, so I'm skeptical.

RothmanHockey

My article for Inside Hockey:

NEW YORK – The Rangers looked lost in their last four games without their most skilled player.

Thursday night at MSG, the Rangers (9-8-2) got their most skilled player back. Rick Nash, who had missed the team’s previous four games with an undisclosed injury, returned with a flourish as the Rangers zapped the Lightning (9-10-1), 4-1.

Nash scored once, added an assist, and threw a career-high 12 shots on goal – more than the Lightning had as a team in the first two periods.

- See more at: http://insidehockey.com/nashs-return-spurs-rangers#sthash.A52n2xOv.dpuf

A stat you'll find in the article: The Rangers are 8-2-1 in their last 11 games with Nash in the lineup.

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I dont get why eminger played so little after having such a solid game with 20 mins vs wpg. Im guessing it was that garbage roughing penalty...still 4 mins is ridiculous, torts needs to relax a little there.

Apr 10, 2012
I dont get why eminger played so little after having such a solid game with 20 mins vs wpg. Im guessing it was that garbage roughing penalty...still 4 mins is ridiculous, torts needs to relax a little there.

part of it is the penalty (his partner bickel also had a 'staged' fight) i'm sure. the other part is who they're playing and the lead. imagine bickel and eminger together for 10m. we'd be doomed by stamkos / st.louis.

tbh eminger looked like he was trying to find himself the few times he was on the ice. the penalty def appeared to hurt his confidence

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
part of it is the penalty (his partner bickel also had a 'staged' fight) i'm sure. the other part is who they're playing and the lead. imagine bickel and eminger together for 10m. we'd be doomed by stamkos / st.louis.

tbh eminger looked like he was trying to find himself the few times he was on the ice. the penalty def appeared to hurt his confidence

Bickel was playing forward, Emmy was the 6th D.

Off topic, what do we have to do to be able to vote in the polls? Certain amount of posts?

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Nash is good. Game was good.
As it seems though, our offense really depends on Nash. Hockey Gods help us if he ever gets injured long term.

Now, I wanna see this the next couple of games:
Defensemen further solidifying their games.
Richards continuing to improve.
Gaborik waking up already.
Boyle to the 4th line, Halpern to the 3rd.
Ferriero in as long as Asham is out.
Lundqvist continuing good play, going into beast mode when needed.

Thanks in advance, team!

Apr 10, 2012
Bickel was playing forward, Emmy was the 6th D.

Off topic, what do we have to do to be able to vote in the polls? Certain amount of posts?

oh right del zaster was back... i need a nap

and if i remember correctly it's 500 posts to vote

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers pissed away 2 points in the Montreal game last home last week. Even the Winnipeg game with all of the injuries was another blown opportunity. Henrik gave up a soft goal. Keystone cops defensive gaffes. They need to take the next two at home with Buffalo and Philly.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
Lindberg would be a great add. We need to push Halpern to the 4th line and Boyle to the bench. I know Lindberg projected as a 4th line guy, but with his big season in the SEL maybe he gained the needed confidence to be a 3rd liner. Asking anyone to do what Kreider did though is asking a ton from a kid, so I'm skeptical.

he's rated as an excellent 2way center thats 3rd line material, that has good offensive skills... i see him has more of 3rd then 4th.. Also he comes from a family that have played pro hockey, potential is there and can bring a lot to the table..

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Haven't had an opportunity to use this word often this season, but last night the team was buzzing. Nice to see. And they'll have to keep it up.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
Nice game!
As said before:
Nash
Henrik
Hagelin

Question: How many times can Cally be tripped without penalty being called?

Thunderhead

May 15, 2012
Raleigh NC
The Rangers pissed away 2 points in the Montreal game last home last week. Even the Winnipeg game with all of the injuries was another blown opportunity. Henrik gave up a soft goal. Keystone cops defensive gaffes. They need to take the next two at home with Buffalo and Philly.

They should and they will.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle

Emminger while not horrid, finds himself out of position in no man's land from time to time. His positioning, or lack thereof is why his minutes are low.

In the Winnipeg game he had a great seat to watch goals and prime opportunities occur. He wasn't covering anyone and wasn't in position to clear lose pucks... 2-5ft away from doing his job.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Nash is a total difference maker for this team when he's on the ice, but where the hell is Gabby??

Being centered by Boyle. lol. I always gave Boyle the benefit of the doubt but he is nothing more than a 4th line center. Good guy to have defensively and on the pk but not centering your all star winger.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

I only saw one period and it was at a bar. Why were Bickel and Eminger together? Who was out?

Vickers8

Shots were amazing at one point 20-1, and 30-5, Hank saved the bacon in the 3rd period when it was a two goal game, incredible save on Stamkos's slapper...Nash was all over the ice....

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Nash is a total difference maker for this team when he's on the ice, but where the hell is Gabby??

Still leading the team in goals with Hagelin.

I love Nash but his presence here makes people want to turn Gaborik into him, for some reason. Were the Thrashers fans this way about Kovalchuk and Heatley?

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Richards looked better. Still a long way to go for him though. Would definitely love to see these lines next game.

Hagelin Richards Nash
Gaborik Stepan Callahan
Pyatt Miller Halpern
Powe Boyle Asham (if he is ready)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad