Post-Game Talk: Every Game Should Be Against Tampa!

Heyoooo*

That's been his MO his whole career! The guy's a perimeter player, he doesn't like getting his hands dirty. I'm tired of all this ******** on here about how he's a ghost and a kung fu ninja and he's like Chuck Norris whispering in the ****ing wind and opposing teams don't see it coming. Gimme a break.

Gaborik doesnt go to dirty areas?

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20122013,2,290&lang=en

18:10 mark of the 1st period. This is just one example of the last 2 years and I really dont feel like wasting an entire day showing video after video after video of him going to dirty areas.

You were saying?

Heyoooo*

Gabby will get going, score his goals, and the people crying about how bad he is will look foolish like they did last season.

Its like clockwork on this board.

Hes taken a beating in front of the net the last two years and we're still seeing "he doesnt get his hands dirty."

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You guys think he's still injured? Seems like when there no injury questions he's had 40 goals, when he did, he's looked bad.

Heyoooo*

He is coming off surgery but no I dont think its a factor. It is something to keep in mind though.

Either way, he will get going. The whole point of adding Nash was for times like this.

You need to keep all three this year. None of this trade deadline BS. Wait until the draft if you wanna do something.

Theyve played a total of 15 games together and theres still 29 games left.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Its like clockwork on this board.

Hes taken a beating in front of the net the last two years and we're still seeing "he doesnt get his hands dirty."

Yep. Nash is ****ing awesome but just because Gabby is slumping doesn't mean I'm ready to forget how great he can be. The problem is guys just don't like Gabby and whenever he slumps the brigade jumps on him. It's whatever, I'm just glad we have TWO amazing scorers instead of just one.

Heyoooo*

Yep. Nash is ****ing awesome but just because Gabby is slumping doesn't mean I'm ready to forget how great he can be. The problem is guys just don't like Gabby and whenever he slumps the brigade jumps on him. It's whatever, I'm just glad we have TWO amazing scorers instead of just one.

Exactly.

Gaborik was great early when Nash wasnt scoring and now the tides have turned the other way.

Its been 15 games of those three in the same offense. Give it time.

Bardof425*

Step, Cally and Pyatt were all great last night. If Richie plays well again on Sunday I think this team is on their way (barring injuries). This is a team that may be literally "rounding into shape".

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I'd say that Gabby scored at least half of his goals last year from right around the net. He hasn't been great this year, and yes, has seemed like a ghost, but let's not act like he's Erik Christensen here.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'd say that Gabby scored at least half of his goals last year from right around the net. He hasn't been great this year, and yes, has seemed like a ghost, but let's not act like he's Erik Christensen here.

We have an irregular fanbase. We should be focused on winning a cup with a complete team but we expect everyone to be as visible as Nash and as sacrificial as our captain.

Callahan, by the way, deserves no criticism at all.

TheRedViper

Dec 12, 2008
Niagara
We have an irregular fanbase. We should be focused on winning a cup with a complete team but we expect everyone to be as visible as Nash and as sacrificial as our captain.

Take it to the extremes why don't you. It's not about Gaborik being as visible as Nash or any of that nonsense. BUT, he needs to be contributing a lot more to this team.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

I just want to maximize the asset as best as possible for the long-term health of the organization. Whether that means dealing him now, at the deadline or over the off-season, only Sather knows. I will still continue pimping that horse though :naughty:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I just want to maximize the asset as best as possible for the long-term health of the organization. Whether that means dealing him now, at the deadline or over the off-season, only Sather knows. I will still continue pimping that horse though :naughty:

I get that. I really do. I just don't see Brown, or any other asset available.

With so much that Gaborik has done for us, if he must be dealt it should be for a bigger return than a salary dump. He is the best NYR goal scorer in 3 seasons since Graves. That should count for something.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Wait NYR aren't a bubble team ? I'm confused 10 th place isn't that below the bubble ?

I said " teams are finding it difficult to separate themselves from the pack, especially the bubble teams. Nows the time to start getting points. Build on this."

Why should I have to indicate if they are one of those bubble teams, if its obvious they are? 10th place is on the bubble. The top 8 teams make the playoffs. There are 7 teams within 4 points of each other.

Dont see whats confusing about that statement.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I get that. I really do. I just don't see Brown, or any other asset available.

With so much that Gaborik has done for us, if he must be dealt it should be for a bigger return than a salary dump. He is the best NYR goal scorer in 3 seasons since Graves. That should count for something.

It does count for something. It counts for the best and easiest way for this organization to re-fill and upgrade their prospect pool and group of young players who will hopefully push this team over the top for the next 10 years.

Heyoooo*

For a franchise and city with only one Cup in 73 years and a place where prominent players come to die, ive never seen a fanbase more adament than this one to get rid of an elite player that has proven to work here. Its amazing.

Look at all the players that we got rid of that produced elsewhere. Hard to see Gaborik wont continue that same trend, especially against us no less.

Simply put, 19 games is too small a sample size. It happens here every year. Slump, silences everyone, slump, silences everyone, repeat.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
It's really exciting to see him score on a rocket like he did last game and almost did against Price (I think it was him, sound was off). He's going to get goals just by busting his ass. If he can get a semi-consistent shot watch out. I wouldn't be shocked to see him pot 30 at some point.

The most positive thing is that Hagelin has increased his goal scoring this year, not through puck-luck and a ridiculously high shooting-% that will come down any second, but through elevating his game and getting scoring chances. He is shooting at 11.1% this year compared to 10.7% last year. The difference is that he is now getting 3.3 shots per game compared to 2 last season.

TL;DR: Hagelin is currently playing like a legit 30 goal scorer and not riding puck-luck.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The most positive thing is that Hagelin has increased his goal scoring this year, not through puck-luck and a ridiculously high shooting-% that will come down any second, but through elevating his game and getting scoring chances. He is shooting at 11.1% this year compared to 10.7% last year. The difference is that he is now getting 3.3 shots per game compared to 2 last season.

TL;DR: Hagelin is currently playing like a legit 30 goal scorer and not riding puck-luck.

Hagelin has looked better, and he has scored more goals, but he is still on pace for 48 points over a 82 game schedule. Same as last year.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

He's still had puck luck this year. Yersterday's goal was his first legit snipe that went in. He had a snipe against Boston that got waived off due to a penalty and a snipe against Price. The rest of his goals were hard working kind of goals, some puck luck too. However, I feel like puck luck follows guys that work their ***** off. Though that hasn't been the case with Nash so far.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I'm not very happy with him this year, or 2 years ago. Still, I remember people complaining about how most of his goals were rebounds in empty nets, then you read this.

BTW, how many dirty goals does Stamkos get? You don't need to get goals around the net if you're scoring from the outside. The problem is Gabby hasn't been.

Stamkos doesn't need to score from dirty areas because he has one of the best shots in recent memory. Gaborik's best asset is his speed. When's the last time he's used it?

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Keep drinking the kool aid pal, when he isn't scoring goals he's useless. Stereotypical European player.

Huh?

The question was about Gaborik going to the dirty areas in the O-zone...it was pointed out that he does, with video evidence from JUST last game to prove it...and this is your response? How is he drinking koolaid - he never even said anything about him being "useless' or whatnot.

Gaborik scores a majority of his goals in the dirty areas, on rebounds and deflections. He needs to start getting back to doing that, he's just been hovering around the boards most of the year and he's been ineffective because of that. That being said, his game IS scoring dirty goals.

Also, that would be the Russian stereotype. What current highly rated Europeans are like that? Well, right on our team we have a European winger who is just as valuable when not scoring as he is when he's putting up points - Hagelin.

Bardof425*

Huh?

The question was about Gaborik going to the dirty areas in the O-zone...it was pointed out that he does, with video evidence from JUST last game to prove it...and this is your response? How is he drinking koolaid - he never even said anything about him being "useless' or whatnot.

Gaborik scores a majority of his goals in the dirty areas, on rebounds and deflections. He needs to start getting back to doing that, he's just been hovering around the boards most of the year and he's been ineffective because of that. That being said, his game IS scoring dirty goals.

Also, that would be the Russian stereotype. What current highly rated Europeans are like that? Well, right on our team we have a European winger who is just as valuable when not scoring as he is when he's putting up points - Hagelin.

He has hit the post a number of times as well. He'll start producing. We should know him by now; patience is the key.

Kershaw

Hagelin has looked better, and he has scored more goals, but he is still on pace for 48 points over a 82 game schedule. Same as last year.

His linemates can't finish, he'd have 2x the assists otherwise. He is on the brink of becoming something special.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00