Evander Kane - What’s the Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 29, 2017
That picture is 10 years old. He has matured since then. I haven’t heard anything negative as to how he leads his off-ice life since he’s been with the Oilers. Professionally he can get pouty and can disappear for games at a time. He is definitely showing some lingering issues from the wrist injury as his shot seems to have suffered and he tends to lose control of the puck more often than before the injury. I don’t think he’s cancerous in the locker room like he was when he was younger. He’s also getting older so the power forward game he plays might be starting to wear on him.

RR44

Jan 29, 2024
Man if you’re still defining him from shit from over 6 year ago then I don’t know what to say. Dude has kept his head down and kept himself out of the headlines. It’s just unfortunate that age coupled with his physicality has slowed his game down significantly.
We can continue to define him with this as he's shown time and time again he wears out his welcome on every team he's been on with off ice drama which then translates to his play on the ice and his standing among his teammates.

Reactions: Laus723

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018

View attachment 844118
View attachment 844119

When you post online bragging how rich you are with bricks of money + when a teammate is so disgusted by your selfish behaviour he throws your clothes in a shower, that's a good indicator of clown like behaviour. There's much, much more you can find online explaining what makes Kane a clown.

Oh boy, you clearly haven't been following along to what that Winnipeg Jets locker-room was like.

You should do some research, as someone who's from MB it's been well documented that the leadership in that locker-room was a major issue.. starting with Wheeler & Buff

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
He's lost a step
His hands aren't as good as they were before his wrist injury

And because of those two things he's been relegated to more of a complementary role in the bottom 6.

But Evander Kane being Evander Kane, he's pouted about it all season.

Apr 29, 2017
Didn't Evander Kane accrue a ton of debt for his gambling issues? Didn't he have issues with a bunch of his old teammates? Did his girlfrind accuse him of abuse? These are all the things I've heard of him
It was his wife. Anna Kane’s instagram page has some interesting material to put things in context.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021

View attachment 844118
View attachment 844119

When you post online bragging how rich you are with bricks of money + when a teammate is so disgusted by your selfish behaviour he throws your clothes in a shower, that's a good indicator of clown like behaviour. There's much, much more you can find online explaining what makes Kane a clown.

How big of a loser do you have to be to still care about this?

Evander Kane is a clown because he has been repeatedly accused of sexual assault and domestic violence and landed himself in $28 million of gambling debt including gambling between Sharks playoff games in Vegas. Not to mention getting into a fistfight with an assistant coach and showing up chronically late to games and practices. You don't want this guy on your team but it has nothing to do with IG posts from 2012.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
He's never been the same since his serious forearm injury that severed everything down to the bone. This required the surgeons to reconstruct many items in his wrist. As a result, he's no longer worth his cap hit, which was related to him scoring 30 goals a season.

Nonetheless, he has significant value in games where the Oilers want to impose a physical style on their opponent (e.g., LA game a few days ago).

RR44

Jan 29, 2024
How big of a loser do you have to be to still care about this?

Evander Kane is a clown because he has been repeatedly accused of sexual assault and domestic violence and landed himself in $28 million of gambling debt including gambling between Sharks playoff games in Vegas. Not to mention getting into a fistfight with an assistant coach and showing up chronically late to games and practices. You don't want this guy on your team but it has nothing to do with IG posts from 2012.
I listed a couple of many examples why he's a clown throughout his career...you know, showing a pattern of shitty, me first behaviour. Your post proves my point of a continued pattern of shitty, me first behaviour by Kane over the last 12 years.

Reactions: Laus723

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
He’s lost a step and isn’t having the same finishing ability. Also playing disinterested when being demoted. That said, he’s a guy you want for the playoffs because the alternative probably wasn’t great unless you wanted to add a valuable asset attached to compensate his salary

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Were you born yesterday? What is the point of playing dumb. Check the very long “Controversies and legal issues” subheading on his wikipedia.
I don’t put any stalk into false allegations.

I also don't think I person is a clown because they filed for bankruptcy.

Is douchebag a personality?
I'm not sure, what have you been told?

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
I think the issue is people think he’s better than he is?
Seems like nothing more than a .5/.6 ppg player that brings physicality but everyone expects him to be a ppg guy over an 82 game schedule, which he isn’t

Reactions: GreeningOil

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
I think the issue is people think he’s better than he is?
Seems like nothing more than a .5/.6 ppg player that brings physicality but everyone expects him to be a ppg guy over an 82 game schedule, which he isn’t
Absolutely correct. He’s a great 2nd/3rd line player who can drive a line and bring energy when elevated.

He suffered an injury to a major tendon also and has been dealing with it.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
A photo from 10+ years ago of a professional athlete when he was in his early 20's.

Great evidence.

"nHl PlAyErS nEeD mOrE pErSoNaLiTy"

Teams insist on throwing this guy money to keep him as far away from their locker room as possible and you're unironically asking for undeniable evidence as to why someone may think he's a clown?

Last edited by a moderator:

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Oh boy, you clearly haven't been following along to what that Winnipeg Jets locker-room was like.

You should do some research, as someone who's from MB it's been well documented that the leadership in that locker-room was a major issue.. starting with Wheeler & Buff
There was that in Winnipeg plus off ice issues, and then he gets into fights with team mates in Buffalo and off ice issues and he goes to SJ by then end his team mates won't talk to him and off ice issues.

No matter where he goes there seems to be one common denominator with his problems, Evander Kane. He's an idiot and Holland is an idiot for giving him a 4 year contract. He needs short contracts to keep him in check.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad